so who still uses the old site?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Add Mad Dog to the list of those who don't appreciate the lively give and take of an active and thriving community:

That said, your staff is a mess. It's good to see the cowboys are gone but you need to put some new people in place soon and they need to be the right ones this time.

If we all are cowboys he's glad to see gone, and he's a mod wannabe Vertical Scope suckup tool View attachment 20410, and the previous nooberators finally got smart and discerned they were being exploited for VS's gain, what kind of goofball mod wannabe *is* the "right one"? :crazy:

VS is not growing their own cloned slave mods on trees are they?

hehe. Maybe they will IMPORT mods from other sites who don't even OWN trailvoys! That's the ticket. :yes: Let a few Pirate4X4 mods loose on the unsuspecting noobs and see the carnage. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 164

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Unless by cowboys he meant the 2 previous goons and not the original staff.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
For the record: I'm not condoning any actions currently in place on TV, just trying to let Mr admin see both sides of the coin... If coexistence is advocated, then the death grip must be loosened.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
Then he should have just said nooberators and we all would just nod in agreement. :wootwoot:

Perhaps you're right.

So let's start a dead pool - who will step up to the plate for a promotion?

PeteVW? iloverotties?

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Me007gold said:
PeteVW? iloverotties?

Well, we know first hand that the current "moderators" are no longer interested. There are very few other scenarios in play...

1. There are no moderators and the VS admin is trying to bail freezing water out of his Titanic with a dixie cup.
2. There are moderators, but they've attempted to smarten up and kept them hidden so we wouldn't know about them. Their motivation would be that we could possibly PM said hidden mods in an attempt to recruit them, at which time that shill account would be banned.
3. They are trying to get some new mods lined up, and hopefully they'll screen these mods better than the last two... if only they knew... :lipsrsealed:

As for the Dog lovers, the EMT's, VW lovers, and the Angry Pooches... they are now king shit of turd island... ENJOY!!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
But with no mods with 7X24 coverage like we used to provide, won't the Chinese LED spammers run rampant? Threads posted in the wrong forum and never getting moved to be answered? Intro posts going forlornly unanswered except for other noobs who think the echo is the normal condition of the abandoned forums?

Oh, yeah. Right. They ARE! :rotfl:

Lies about the current situation allowed to remain up to give false hope to the noobs

View attachment 20412

Membership lies (Oh, and when you sign up for a pay membership it's auto-renewed UNLESS you call to cancel. Evil.)

View attachment 20418

And the classic lie that only VS would bother to invent to avoid telling the truth:

View attachment 20419

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 165

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
9f2dab2e.jpg

So who is this hitachi that I always see in this thread, but never posts and doesn't reply to visitor messages?

Not that it matters, we don't have squatch to hide.

LikeEnvoy

Apr 17, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Just shows- I don't read carefully enough. I only just got a PM from an ex member of Trailvoy telling me of what has been going on.
I'm pleased to be a new member here.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
LikeEnvoy said:
Just shows- I don't read carefully enough. I only just got a PM from an ex member of Trailvoy telling me of what has been going on.

Welcome! :tiphat:

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
LikeEnvoy said:

Hey fellow Canuck!

Welcome over to the Nation! Much better here! :wootwoot:

LikeEnvoy

Apr 17, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks Wooluf1952, Sparky and Canadian Mike!
Hey you guys all have nice metallic paint jobs like the Roadie.
Mine's just black but looks good when its shiny!

Mike- nice fall colours in your pic. Must get over to the East coats sometime.
Winnipeg drops its leaves too fast.

To everyone - We'll have to come up wiith some new genuine mods to put in this site.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
LikeEnvoy said:
To everyone - We'll have to come up wiith some new genuine mods to put in this site.

Since we launched we're off to a great start! Kardains switchback tails, my non-srck dual park tails, TXBlazers LED insets, blkshdws dual front switchbacks (I think, can't read his posts on the OS to verify) all came from here!

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
^that reminds me... I still need to do a write up for those

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Someone PMed me about the switch also so I'm starting to feel convinced that it is the problem. They're pretty cheap, so I'll go ahead and replace it to see what happens.

So, someone is over there PM'ing people with advice. I don't know what's funnier, the fact they PM'd the guy or the actual advice itself.

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
LikeEnvoy said:
Mike- nice fall colours in your pic. Must get over to the East coats sometime.
Winnipeg drops its leaves too fast.

These fall colours in this pic,

4226348485_984bf323bc_n_d.jpg

or this photo?
6238430268_51b6cb816c_n_d.jpg

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Note any difference between the sites?

View attachment 20481

View attachment 20482

Seriously, how can an introduction post have 15, 26, 40 views and ZERO replies?!?!?!?! :crazy: They should be embarrassed, not even volunteer noob greeters have the energy to say HIYA? :redface: :no:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 36

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
Note any difference between the sites?

View attachment 6230

View attachment 6231

Seriously, how can an introduction post have 15, 26, 40 views and ZERO replies?!?!?!?! :crazy: They should be embarrassed, not even volunteer noob greeters have the energy to say HIYA? :redface: :no:

Embedded sponsored ads blow. A complete abandonment of the OS was justified and righteous. :yes:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
:thumbsup:

Dec 4, 2011
To the question "Who uses the old site", I do but not much.

Yesterday I got a pm from a newbie who is somewhat local asking me about how to set a scan gauge tool to read tranny temps. Not having one myself, but knowing lots of folks do, I suggested he come to this site and search (left a link in the email). I can't believe that info is not available on TV. He replied thanks but left a little forlorn hope in his reply.

Is it possible that the web address to here was stripped and he didn't get it? If this could have happened I gave him my personal email and suggested he contact me direct.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
RedEnvoyDenali said:
Is it possible that the web address to here was stripped and he didn't get it?

Quite. If you used the actual url, there is text replacement enabled on TV to automatically change gmtnation to trailvoy.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
CdnGMan said:
Best thing to do is to have him contact you OUTSIDE of the OS using your personal email addy...
I've done it a few times... :wink:
Member's email addresses used to be visible in the profiles over there, until they figured out the truth was being shared using that path. Locked down now. You used to be able to PM multiple members at a time, now that's locked down to only one at a time every 30 seconds.

What kind of community can you nurture with no free and open communications? Ahhhh, NONE. They don't CARE about the community or the members individually. Just as a collection of eyeballs to sell access to. :hissyfit:

Dec 4, 2011
kardain said:
Quite. If you used the actual url, there is text replacement enabled on TV to automatically change gmtnation to trailvoy.

Thought so that is why I posted my personal email so he can contact me and I can set him straight.

Dec 4, 2011
Me007gold said:
You can always use tinyurl. It creats a link with out giving out the address

Please explain, don't know what a tiny URL is?

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Here is a noob that is literally begging for some assistance...

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?p=1164997

MoneyMaker said:
:thx

Can i get a response from any of my 43 views? lol I need some help picking out new rear springs and shocks as well as front for clearance on the trail for hunting. :thx

The original question is a simple one, yet after two days it remains unanswered.

We'll see if they finds their way over here :wink: :lipsrsealed:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Evan.wyatt

Members Online