Reality thread...continued.

Default User

Dec 19, 2012
So my wife and I went all out for Xmas this year (gift wise). Parents, grand parents, brothers sisters and their significant others, neighbours, close friends, all the kids in the family, co-workers - pretty much everybody we could think of.

Got the credit card bill today..... FML. Think I'm gonna skip Christmas next year and take a cruise.

Badbart said:
Do you Canadians behave like this also?

Kinda....

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=IEmA...v5PV0&list=PL6cGNLMeqsHCScCry9v7Kg4o14JVXzYBh

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Badbart said:
So true! Me and my sons were on a beach throwing a cast net one December day where the river meets the gulf. We kept hearing noises, like people laughing and screaming and yelling, but could not make out what they were saying?! We looked around the bend over by the beach and saw 2 men and 2 women(pale as the background on this website)in bathing suits jumping in and out of the water. It was in the 40's and the wind was blowing about 15 knots. (We were freezing and only our hands were wet!) They stopped when they saw us looking at them and stared at us for a while, then started laughing and went back to playing in the water again. I figured out after listening to them a while that they were German. They carried on like it was a summer day! Do you Canadians behave like this also?

The Germans are a hearty bunch of tourists. They love Canada too and come out west to see the Rocky Mountains and the Calgary Stampede. One year we met a family on the beach and I took them out in the boat and did some tubing and attempted water skiing. They spoke some English and made lots of friends as they took their rental motor home around our province. Sure wish the other tourists were as outgoing and friendly around here.

As you know, Canadians are not afraid of a little cold weather and have been known to put on long pants and a light jacket when it snows. I am looking forward to seeing the Gulf and maybe taking a quick splash at the end of March. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Have you ever been to Florida before?

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Badbart said:
Have you ever been to Florida before?

This is my first venture to the South East corner of your country. I am looking forward to seeing little bit of the area and especially the Indy car race through St. Petersburg.

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Well, you're coming at a good time of the year. The heat and humidity that we suffer through usually doesn't become a concern until May through October. I hope you have a great time while you're here. The Florida gulf coast is really beautiful, especially the sunsets. Actually the weather right now is nice, 70's and 50's here in the northern part of the state, a bit warmer than usual.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Badbart said:
Well, you're coming at a good time of the year. The heat and humidity that we suffer through usually doesn't become a concern until May through October. I hope you have a great time while you're here. The Florida gulf coast is really beautiful, especially the sunsets. Actually the weather right now is nice, 70's and 50's here in the northern part of the state, a bit warmer than usual.

Well it's bouncing between 32 and 45 here over the next week so I will be primed to be out of this cold. In just over two weeks we fly into Palm Springs for a week (25th) and I really need the sun!

Duc .... order up some heat for me and drive out to the desert and visit!

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Are you guys going to be there on the weekend? We have our cub scout pinewood derby on Sun. the 27th so that is out.
I am however going to the Dealer only Shot Show in Vegas next week for a fun packed 2 days. :wootwoot:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
DucatiSS said:
Are you guys going to be there on the weekend? We have our cub scout pinewood derby on Sun. the 27th so that is out.
I am however going to the Dealer only Shot Show in Vegas next week for a fun packed 2 days. :wootwoot:

We get in on Friday the 25th then leave for home the following Friday Feb 1st.

The Pinewood Derby is the one where you and the kids build the cars?

Hey when could Vegas not be fun! What is at the Shot Show?

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Blade said:
We get in on Friday the 25th then leave for home the following Friday Feb 1st.

The Pinewood Derby is the one where you and the kids build the cars?

Hey when could Vegas not be fun! What is at the Shot Show?

I will see if I can sneak over on Sat. the 26th.

Yep, I am in charge of the pinewood derby. We have a build clinic at my house this weekend. Last year we did some fundraising and bought a new 3 lane 42' all aluminum track with computer start/finish. :wootwoot: At the start of each race we put the running order on the big screen along with a picture of the scout. They love it.

The Shot Show is a HUGE dealer only show where anybody who is anybody shows up to display their stuff. I think all the people from Red Jacket Firearms (Sons of Guns show) are going to be at the VooDoo Tactical booth most of the week, along with most of the Top Shot winners.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
DucatiSS said:
I will see if I can sneak over on Sat. the 26th.

Yep, I am in charge of the pinewood derby. We have a build clinic at my house this weekend. Last year we did some fundraising and bought a new 3 lane 42' all aluminum track with computer start/finish. :wootwoot: At the start of each race we put the running order on the big screen along with a picture of the scout. They love it.

The Shot Show is a HUGE dealer only show where anybody who is anybody shows up to display their stuff. I think all the people from Red Jacket Firearms (Sons of Guns show) are going to be at the VooDoo Tactical booth most of the week, along with most of the Top Shot winners.

That sounds like something to entertain the the BIG kids too! lol! :thumbsup:

I will call you on the 25th after we land. Flying direct to PS this time. I don't think they liked the way I drove in the crazy LA traffic. I thought I fit in fine :tongue:

I googled that Shot Show. Sounds like a fun place to be without the wife!

Oh by the way, I went for a ride on the Kawi today. 37 deg and mainly sunny. Well except for the part where I hit this little shower that had some hail and snow mixed in it. Don't you miss the snow? Lol!

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Looks like Duc had a fun time at the Shot Show. Now if he could have run into say ...... ZZ Top then I would have been impressed.

Tomorrow is day five of the new window installation. project. The temperature outside got up over 40 F today but the snow on the ground was tough on the installer.

Well that and the fact that this old house has settled and they had to square up almost every window frame. :crazy:

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Yeah, I saw him hangin out with Ted Nugent and Sgt. Ermey. I was wondering where Chuck Norris was....oh, wait, Chuck Norris doesn't need a weapon, Chuck Norris IS a weapon!!! :rotfl:

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
Badbart said:
Yeah, I saw him hangin out with Ted Nugent and Sgt. Ermey. I was wondering where Chuck Norris was....oh, wait, Chuck Norris doesn't need a weapon, Chuck Norris IS a weapon!!! :rotfl:

You Did Not!
:eek::hail::hail::hail:

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
Well I can tell you the chinese hubs last a little over 2 years. I stuck my good oem back on (1hr) I'm so good at this point darkness is just an inconvienience), my disconnect rebuild w/o inner bearing & my diff axle seal lasted the same amount.:hissyfit::hissyfit: & on & on!:hissyfit:

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Yeah, ya need to stick with the good parts. Made in Mexico, Canada. Wow, never thought I'd be sayin that....can't find anything made in USA anymore....

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
I survived the golf trip to Palm Springs. Cool evenings but Nice days.

Great house with 4 bedrooms with their own en-suites Pool was great and the hot tub was needed for the aching muscles. Played every day for Six days. Televisions everywhere including a 40 inch flatscreen on the patio. Yes we watched golf and hockey!

My question: Would you enter a sports bar called "Score" when the store right beside it was "Gay Mart".

Me, I just kept driving. I did not want any surprises.

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 6

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
The work scenario is changing again. Going to 12 hour shifts soon. I will work Monday Tuesday Wednesday and get 4 days off. One week of days then one week of nights. 6:30-6:30. Once a month we have to work an extra shift on a Sunday to equalize our hours.

I think I may like the 4 days off. I pity the junior guys that get stuck on the Thursday Friday Saturday shift. No rotation other than days one week and nights the next. With the wife being retired we may finally get some time in our travel trailer. Only have used it about 5 times in almost 2 years.

Hmmmm, Valentines Day! I wonder if I will get my present? :undecided:

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Blade said:
My question: Would you enter a sports bar called "Score" when the store right beside it was "Gay Mart".

Me, I just kept driving. I did not want any surprises.

Did I tell you about a friend of mine that stopped by "X-Mart" to pick up a gallon of milk?!

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Badbart said:
Did I tell you about a friend of mine that stopped by "X-Mart" to pick up a gallon of milk?!

Lol! Yup. All we wanted was some hockey to watch but they were into some some serious "stick-handling" of their own!

Well we enter the realm of 12 hour shifts the week of Feb 24. Hopefully I can survive the long shift shift for 3 days in order to get the 4 off.

Florida trip is getting closer and trying to figure out what to do. Beach, deep sea fishing, Indy Race, dinner/sightseeing cruises, or sitting beside the pool at the house? hmmmm :undecided:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
I seem to be surviving this 12 hour shift thing. Heading to Tampa next week. It better stop raining!

Rode the bike in to work tonight. Sure love my heated vest :biggrin: I think I will love it more on the way home as it will be around 37 degrees on the ride home :undecided:

Just over half way thru my first of 3 shifts this week.

Hope you all are doing well! :thumbsup:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Blade said:
Rode the bike in to work tonight. Sure love my heated vest :biggrin: I think I will love it more on the way home as it will be around 37 degrees on the ride home :undecided:
You're a wild man, Bill. Yeah, I once braved the elements. But after 28 years of riding, I've become quite the fair-weather rider. :redface:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
You're a wild man, Bill. Yeah, I once braved the elements. But after 28 years of riding, I've become quite the fair-weather rider. :redface:

Lol! ya wild and crazy. I love riding so much I hate to see it parked. Bought some frame sliders yesterday. Just in case as I don't want to have to replace too much if I do something stupid again. Low speed drops are one thing but a non-moving drop is hard enough on the pride let alone the wallet. Mrs. B keeps bugging me about how a new bike should not be a money pit :cool: she really does not understand men does she.

Off to Florida on Saturday and a late night arrival. Heading to the St. Pete's Indy race on Sunday, Dinner by the pool at the house, and Monday we explore!

Attachments

• IMAG1283.jpg
    IMAG1283.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 11

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Blade said:
Mrs. B keeps bugging me about how a new bike should not be a money pit :cool:
Did you explain to her that anything with an internal combustion engine is a money pit? :rotfl:

Blade said:
Off to Florida on Saturday and a late night arrival. Heading to the St. Pete's Indy race on Sunday, Dinner by the pool at the house, and Monday we explore!
Too bad the race isn't in October. It would have been cool to meet you in person.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I am sick and tired of the cold.

That is all.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:
I am sick and tired of the cold.
Me too! Look at the bright side...fewer insects this summer! :yes:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Did you explain to her that anything with an internal combustion engine is a money pit? :rotfl:

Too bad the race isn't in October. It would have been cool to meet you in person.

Maybe one day Sam. I was within 200 miles of Badbart but he had an appointment that could not be missed. We drove for about 2 hours North, near Gainsville, but our plan kinda missed what he had going. We did get to chat on the phone for a bit and I am thinking next year I have to plan a lot better if we head to the southeast again.

Next voyage is Vegas Apr 23-27

Then Eastern Canada on May 10th ........ visiting an old friend and he says the snow is always gone by then.:crazy: Otherwise I would never have an reason to go to the Maritime area. Saint John New Brunswick. 4 hour time change and I'm wondering already, what I was thinking?

Had a nice ride today. weather here was a glorious 65 deg.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
djthumper said:
Is this just another trip or something special?

Hey Larry. Just another trip to keep the wife happy. But Vegas is always "special". :thumbsup:

I do want to see Steve and his little guy.

dktb

Dec 1, 2011
Hi Bill
How u been it's been a bite.I just got back from vegas on friday knight.I was down for 2 weeks,Was in phoenix for most of the time,then went up to the grand canyon for a day then vegas for 4 days.We'll have to get together soon,give me a call and meet for a coffee or some thing.I've been bizzy with work and putting my car back together almost done,plus my kid is building his car his is done just a few little thing to but running and driving.So i have some more time for other thing.Let me know when u have some time to get together.

Dean

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
dktb said:
Hi Bill
How u been it's been a bite.I just got back from vegas on friday knight.I was down for 2 weeks,Was in phoenix for most of the time,then went up to the grand canyon for a day then vegas for 4 days.We'll have to get together soon,give me a call and meet for a coffee or some thing.I've been bizzy with work and putting my car back together almost done,plus my kid is building his car his is done just a few little thing to but running and driving.So i have some more time for other thing.Let me know when u have some time to get together.

Dean

Sounds great Dean. Jeff has been bugging me for a get together too so we should do it soon. I will give you a call! :thumbsup:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Blade said:
Hey Larry. Just another trip to keep the wife happy. But Vegas is always "special". :thumbsup:

I do want to see Steve and his little guy.

I am busy that weekend but maybe we can get together for a short time when you are here.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
djthumper said:
I am busy that weekend but maybe we can get together for a short time when you are here.

There must be a place we could meet and I could buy you a Soda or something? I will pm you my cell number and we can text or phone if you can squeeze out an hour for some BS! :biggrin:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Well I am gearing up for Vegas next week. Looking forward to some R&R and some warm weather. I am hoping to see a couple of the local guys there while the wife shops :lipsrsealed:

I went for a nice bike ride yesterday morning but without the heated vest and leathers I would have froze the naughty bits. We need a few more degrees for a comfort zone type of ride.

Still cool up at the lake house right now so Vegas will have to do for my warm fix!

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
DucatiSS said:
Really??????? :whistle:

Ya that sounded almost too weird for me also. :rotfl:

But is is my Friday today and I am off until the 28th :raspberry: Liver forgive me ...... Vegas awaits!

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Looks like you'll be seeing some 90* temps Bill. Maybe it will make up for the cold blast you got here in Florida! Don't forget the sunscreen this time!! Have fun!!!

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Badbart said:
Looks like you'll be seeing some 90* temps Bill. Maybe it will make up for the cold blast you got here in Florida! Don't forget the sunscreen this time!! Have fun!!!

Should be a good time. Heading out to the airport now and then a girlfriend of the wife will be joining us Wednesday. Still debating on heading to the Las Vegas Speedway to drive a Porsche or something around the track :undecided:

I sure hope the suite is large enough for the 3 of us. The bed was so crowded last time:thumbsup:

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Blade said:
Should be a good time. Heading out to the airport now and then a girlfriend of the wife will be joining us Wednesday. Still debating on heading to the Las Vegas Speedway to drive a Porsche or something around the track :undecided:

I sure hope the suite is large enough for the 3 of us. The bed was so crowded last time:thumbsup:

Yeah, well.....ummm, hate it when that happens, right?! Wow, Porsche huh? Nice weather, yeah, good....so....hmmmm...ahh...what do you guys do for fun? Ohhh....you don't have to answer that....:redface:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I know they dropped off about 8 Jaguars yesterday.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Well what a messed up trip. Wife had fun with her girlfriend shopping and gambling and going to a show. I spent most of my time sitting in my room being sick. Gambled like a maniac on the first day to get it out of my system and then went out for dinner. Gambled a bit that night after dinner then went to bed early to get out to the race track early the next day. BOOM! went my world about 4:30 am.

I thought I had a good fart coming on and luckily I decided to save my wife the horror and let it go in the can as I had to piss anyway. Well that was a good break for my wife, my dignity, and the housekeeping staff.:frown:

Spent two days close to the throne and all I had was Gatorade, ginger ale and water with the occasional cracker. On the bright side, I Lost 6 lbs after a trip to Vegas! :thumbsup: Took some Imodium as a safety precaution for the flight home. And they said "Come to Vegas for Craps!"

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online