Reality thread...continued.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Ugh, reality. Ten month marriage on the skids. Its affecting my mood, health, money, and business. Still can't decide if it's time to pull the trigger and end it. Too soon for her to get a dime of the fifty bucks to my name, no rights to the business, no kids. Seems like a no brained. I won't explain the last seven years....lets just say that Murphy is really good friends with our pal Jim Beam and our good buddy Wiser.....

I hate to bring this stuff to forums but my family has heard the same tale too many times. So scared to end thing but I fear its for the best.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Blade said:
On the bright side, I Lost 6 lbs after a trip to Vegas!
Like they say...What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! (at least we'll hope so)

smitty5150 said:
I hate to bring this stuff to forums but my family has heard the same tale too many times.
Hang in there, buddy. You know we're here for you. :grouphug:

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Blade said:
Spent two days close to the throne and all I had was Gatorade, ginger ale and water with the occasional cracker.

You didn't drink the water did you?! :biggrin:

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Blade said:
all I had was Gatorade, ginger ale and water with the occasional cracker.

What did you call me????? :hissyfit:

Oh wait, I wasn't there. :rotfl:

I hope you get well soon.

Attachments

• racoon.jpg
    racoon.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 13

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
That's like.....Free is good, right?

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Ugh, reality. Ten month marriage on the skids. Its affecting my mood, health, money, and business. Still can't decide if it's time to pull the trigger and end it. Too soon for her to get a dime of the fifty bucks to my name, no rights to the business, no kids. Seems like a no brained. I won't explain the last seven years....lets just say that Murphy is really good friends with our pal Jim Beam and our good buddy Wiser.....

I hate to bring this stuff to forums but my family has heard the same tale too many times. So scared to end thing but I fear its for the best.

Well you know us ........ always a ear around hear :Lager Louts:

Badbart said:
You didn't drink the water did you?! :biggrin:

The water sure was lousy there ..... but as long is it makes the toilet flush :thumbsup:

DucatiSS said:
What did you call me????? :hissyfit:

Oh wait, I wasn't there. :rotfl:

I hope you get well soon.

My guts are finally calming down and its been almost a week. At least the messy part was over in a day and a half. :crazy: I sure was disappointed to miss the Exotics Racing. Oh well, it will have to wait until October now. :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
smitty5150 said:

Shitty situation. Best I can tell you is...

Only you will put you first, so do what you need to do.

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
smitty5150 said:

Many of us have been there. My advice is to use your head, not your heart. I was married to someone that took advantage of my money and social standing. Had I went through with the divorce when I discovered all the credit cards that she acquired by forging my name in the beginning, instead of trying to make it work for five years I would have been much better off, emotionally and financially. But, alas, I was in love and nothing else mattered at the time. Life is too short to live in misery. Do what you gotta do. Much better off today and married to the right woman for the past twenty years!

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
So it is my Friday today. Rode my bike into work and of course the clouds rolled into the parking lot with me. It's not supposed to rain but I hate getting wet. (Makes me like a cat?)

Looking forward to my 4 days off and getting some work done in the yard. I guess going for a nice long ride is probably my first thought as the weather is getting warm this weekend. 70's are perfect!

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Blade said:
So it is my Friday today. Rode my bike into work and of course the clouds rolled into the parking lot with me. It's not supposed to rain but I hate getting wet. (Makes me like a cat?)

Looking forward to my 4 days off and getting some work done in the yard. I guess going for a nice long ride is probably my first thought as the weather is getting warm this weekend. 70's are perfect!

Does this make you "Bill The Cat"? Or are you referring to your Ninja like qualitys?

You're off again? I think you have more time off than me, and I'm unemployed!?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Well all of this explains why no calls Bill... Sorry to hear that this trip went to crap.

Hopefully Things will calm down for me on your next trip and we can actually meet up again.

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
"The courageous fighter shuns violence. The skillful soldier avoids anger. A mighty warrior does not fight for petty conquests." -- Bill the Cat

djthumper said:
... Sorry to hear that this trip went to crap.

:lipsrsealed::rotfl::raspberry:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Curious if I'm full of it. Friend has a 82 K5 blazer for sale. After toying around I looked at his '11 4runner lifted a few inches w BFG rugged terrain t/a 265/70/17s (I just watched a video of a ram pulling a 2500 with back ends locked together) and started thinking "I could pull you!"

He has the limited with a 4.0 and 3.73 gears I believe and no other mods besides tires/suspension worth mentioning. Fancy 4wd system too. 50-55k miles. Driven hard.

I have an '05 I6 3.42 gears 117k miles with oem 17s with ltx m/s tires(2500 miles-just broke in). No mods but a k&n drop in, he has one too now, and excellently maintained :thumbsup:

Question is, would I stand a chance pulling him if we "safely" locked up our rear ends with a rope/strap and had a good ol fashioned tug of war on concrete or asphalt? 4lo first time? I did this once or thrice back in the day. Winning the first time doesn't help. I am willing to bet money he would have fun if it were on any surface besides concrete asphalt. I have the G80 and I know I would lose bad on grass/dirt/gravel/field etc. I thought on hard paved surface if I jumped the gun in 2wd (cut the loss of HP to the wheels? He didn't know how to kill traction control until I showed him-he would be in some sort of 4wd by default) or beat him to full throttle, maybe just maybe, I could pull him a half length before it was a dead heat? only locked up 2wds before too. Is my/our torque low enough to make him get pissed?!? I know his gears are better for this but do I have any chance?

Simply garage thought. I wouldn't really do this. Or rather on impulse he didn't want too. I said it is best that we don't and remain friends in the event I wreck your ride:rotfl:
Am I over confident? I haven't seen stock dyno charts for both but I thought with his lift and my tires I could possibly overcome the gearing and yank that $50k beast :undecided:

Man I really want to do this now:yes:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Well, I would do it. (should not be words of comfort) But remember, it is also about the coefficient of friction. Whomever makes the best contact with the pavement wins.

And as sit here in the doctors office knowing that I must loose weight and the lecture forthcoming.....here we go again! But I already started and am down 5 lbs!

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Blade said:
But I already started and am down 5 lbs!
Congrats Bill! :thumbsup: Just let me know when you want to run a half-marathon with me. :yes:

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
If he could run a half marathon he wouldn't need to lose weight! I've got to get in shape!(round is a shape, right?) I'm only round in the middle.....I could lose thirty pounds, but if I ran half a mile I'd probably die. :yes:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Badbart said:
If he could run a half marathon he wouldn't need to lose weight!
I keep telling myself that. After five of them, I still look in the mirror and know better. :rolleyes:

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
I knew a guy that was an agent at the Governor's mansion a few years ago. A real nice guy, enjoyed his job. He was a runner and was training for a marathon. I'd see him early in the AM running, like 5 AM. They found his body on the side of the road one morning. No foul play suspected. An autopsy showed he had run out of electrolytes!?! He had pushed himself too hard, not enough hydration.

I'm still a firm believer that your heart only has so many beats in it. I'm not going to speed mine up and take any chances!

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
Not to derail this...but a lethal lack of electrolytes doesn't mean dehydration. You can actually, in extreme cases, hydrate yourself to death. If you throw off the electrolyte-water ratio enough (basically salt-water) the bodies nervous system can lose function and essentially shutdown. No bueno.
Sorry, just caught my eye. Lol

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
NinjuhhNutz said:
Not to derail this...but a lethal lack of electrolytes doesn't mean dehydration. You can actually, in extreme cases, hydrate yourself to death. If you throw off the electrolyte-water ratio enough (basically salt-water) the bodies nervous system can lose function and essentially shutdown. No bueno.
Sorry, just caught my eye. Lol
:iagree:

That's probably what he did. Just like the woman who died after winning a water drinking contest.
Many distance runners will drink flat Coke or Mountain Dew at some of their aid stops. This gives them both sugar and sodium that they need. There are also electrolyte replacement pills.

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
I stand corrected. Perhaps not enough of the proper kind of hydration. I would have thought he would have known better.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
I think I will play it safe and not run at the ripe old age of 59:undecided:

And as today is my Birthday and I am on a low carb diet .....no cake!

Step dads funeral on my birthday. Weird but ok because at least I am still having birthdays:biggrin:

oh well time for bed. family coming in by the hoards and airport shuttle (Escalade) all fueled.

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Happy Birthday Bill! 59.....sneaks right up on ya doesn't it! I'm not far behind you.....but at least I AM behind you.....:raspberry:

Go have some Prime Rib!

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Well what a weekend. Crashed the bike pretty good but was not going that fast. Sprained left thumb, dislocated right little finger, two bruised knees and a sprained ankle. Somebody called all the Emergency help and then then questions started. As soon as my hands heal up I will have a new hobby.....bike repair 101. The right ferring is broken and the handlebars are bent. Frame sliders saved my engine case but I will have to look deep for hidden damage. Drove it home but that was an experience in itself with the mirrors facing all over the place and my hands just strong enough to grab on and steer.

I sure won't be riding for a few weeks now.:redface:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Blade said:
It happens to all of us, Bill. Just glad to hear that you're okay. (well, mostly)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
With bikes I have always been told its not if you went down, it is when you went down. Happens to everyone.

Glad you are pretty much OK and not looking at any permanent damage.

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Sounds like you were pretty lucky my friend! Do not try to re-enact this.....

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
Blade;144591 said:
Well what a weekend. Crashed the bike pretty good but was not going that fast. Sprained left thumb, dislocated right little finger, two bruised knees and a sprained ankle. Somebody called all the Emergency help and then then questions started. As soon as my hands heal up I will have a new hobby.....bike repair 101. The right ferring is broken and the handlebars are bent. Frame sliders saved my engine case but I will have to look deep for hidden damage. Drove it home but that was an experience in itself with the mirrors facing all over the place and my hands just strong enough to grab on and steer.

Glad to hear you're okay man! Doesn't take much to make a great day on 2 wheels go really wrong really quick.

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
Last night I was driving from New York to Philly. I thought I had finally seen the last of the rain when right as I was speeding up after a toll a violent rain started and created a small layer of water on the road where I was, which was right between the no shoulder concrete divider and a semi trailer. I lost traction and the car started slipping sideways. I turned the wheel to correct the slipping but then it started slipping the other way. I had zero room because the concrete divider was on one side and the truck on the other.

I slowly eased on the brakes. They immediately gave me an extremely fast pulsing that I could feel in my foot and sounded like an A-10 on a strafing run. I rode with the ABS going like that for a solid couple of seconds and finally got it under control. I immediately looked up and gave a thumbs up and said out loud, thank God for the guy who thought up anti lock brakes!

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Today I see if they can fix this dislocated finger at the hospital. So much for golf next week.

I hope this mess will be the lesson that keeps me from getting into any more trouble with the crotch rocket. (I think DUC said that at least on one occasion but in refference to something else)

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Blade said:
I hope this mess will be the lesson that keeps me from getting into any more trouble with the crotch rocket. (I think DUC said that at least on one occasion but in refference to something else)

what has been seen can not be un-seen.

You can not un-ring a bell. :smile:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Finally looked at the plumbing in this place I rent as the bad water pressure (especially on the hot side) has always annoyed me. Also, the available hot water seems to be lacking as it starts to cool off after only a few minutes in the shower. And forget trying to get a shower in the winter within the first hour of doing laundry.

Found the problem.

They plumbed the hot water tank BACKWARDS! :dunce:

I'm half tempted to ask my landlord to let me replumb it the correct way if he pays for the parts. That's just ridiculous. The ports on top are clearly labeled H and C.

:duh:

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
Sparky said:
Finally looked at the plumbing in this place I rent as the bad water pressure (especially on the hot side) has always annoyed me. Also, the available hot water seems to be lacking as it starts to cool off after only a few minutes in the shower. And forget trying to get a shower in the winter within the first hour of doing laundry.

Found the problem.

They plumbed the hot water tank BACKWARDS! :dunce:

I'm half tempted to ask my landlord to let me replumb it the correct way if he pays for the parts. That's just ridiculous. The ports on top are clearly labeled H and C.

:duh:

Wait so the intake and the outtake are backwards?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
xtitan1 said:
Wait so the intake and the outtake are backwards?

Yup. The cold pipe is connected to the port clearly labeled "hot, outflow" with an arrow pointing out of the tank lol. Totally explains why it has never worked very well :hahano:

Talked to the landlord and got the go-ahead to fix it and deduct the cost from the month's rent.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Wait! Let me get this straight?? You guys use hot water to shower down there?

:biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Blade said:

As long as the tank is plumbed correctly otherwise we just use lukewarm water :raspberry:

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
Sparky said:
Yup. The cold pipe is connected to the port clearly labeled "hot, outflow" with an arrow pointing out of the tank lol. Totally explains why it has never worked very well :hahano:

Talked to the landlord and got the go-ahead to fix it and deduct the cost from the month's rent.

Take pictures of how you did it if you can, I wanna see this!

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Blade said:

Only on Saturdays Bill.....:tongue:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Oh I understand about Saturdays, but man, hot water here is taking it out of the spring! The cold water comes from the glacial water creeks!

Should I show everyone my dislocation?

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Blade said:
Oh I understand about Saturdays, but man, hot water here is taking it out of the spring! The cold water comes from the glacial water creeks!

Should I show everyone my dislocation?

:yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online