Reality thread...continued.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
You asked for it! Went down and met up with Erik and Craig then pulled 3 twelve hour shifts before trying to get it fixed.: D

Ya there is tough then the is tuff. Its only a flesh wound! Lol!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371189300080.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371189300080.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 18

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Blade said:
You asked for it! Went down and met up with Erik and Craig then pulled 3 twelve hour shifts before trying to get it fixed.: D

Ya there is tough then the is tuff. Its only a flesh wound! Lol!

Well that don't look right! Was expecting a shot with flesh but that's pretty good! On the plus side it wasn't your thumb? I was just saying how I won't get a bike yet because it's not if it will happen but when...

Good luck on a speedy recovery

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Absoloutly! Those who have crashed and those who have yet to crash! Hopefully when it happens you can walk away a lot smarter!

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Blade said:
Absoloutly! Those who have crashed and those who have yet to crash! Hopefully when it happens you can walk away!

Fixed it for ya!

I like having a shell to crash and roll around in. My snowboarding/skiing gives me the thrill a bike could-still hit breakneck speeds. Sounds like you're doing better or at least feeling it! Gotta ask now, how's the bike?

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Bent handlebars, scratch up the ferring pretty good. Frame sliders saved my engine case.

I have to look closer once my hands are stronger and I can grab my tools without dropping them.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
I have this really cool stainless steel pin in my finger. It is supposed to hold it all together but it is really uncomfortable. It has been in almost a week and I fear it has to be in allot longer. :frown:

I have already missed a 3 day golf trip with my friends and who knows what else in the next while.

I put about 1000 miles on this bike so far ...... so many decisions to make.

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
Blade said:
I have this really cool stainless steel pin in my finger. It is supposed to hold it all together but it is really uncomfortable. It has been in almost a week and I fear it has to be in allot longer. :frown:

I have already missed a 3 day golf trip with my friends and who knows what else in the next while.

I put about 1000 miles on this bike so far ...... so many decisions to make.

Injuries can mess with your head a lot more than people realize. Keep strong and keep positive man. It sucks that you missed out on a trip but it could have been a whole heck of a lot worse so you have a lot to be thankful about not upset about. Eventually your finger will heal and if you follow the doctors orders and do your physical therapy you will be good as new before you know it. Even though there was no reason to think otherwise I remember thinking there was no way I would ever be the same again, but I was wrong! Just keep the end picture in sight man!

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
xtitan1 said:
Injuries can mess with your head a lot more than people realize. Keep strong and keep positive man. It sucks that you missed out on a trip but it could have been a whole heck of a lot worse so you have a lot to be thankful about not upset about. Eventually your finger will heal and if you follow the doctors orders and do your physical therapy you will be good as new before you know it. Even though there was no reason to think otherwise I remember thinking there was no way I would ever be the same again, but I was wrong! Just keep the end picture in sight man!

^ What he said! You're still with us! Nothing that won't heal. Oh, by the way, we are NOT bullit proof like we were in our YOUNGER days....just sayin'.....:biggrin:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
The truth hurts almost as much as the body these days. Limping away is better than being carried away. :thumbup:

On the bright side, we just booked Vegas for September 3-6. I will get my Exotics Racing done hopefully returning with everything in one piece! Lol!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Blade said:
The truth hurts almost as much as the body these days. Limping away is better than being carried away. :thumbup:

On the bright side, we just booked Vegas for September 3-6. I will get my Exotics Racing done hopefully returning with everything in one piece! Lol!

Good Luck! I was out there and they moved their course but have a nice lay out.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Moved? I better check this out.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Ah i c. Had me worried for a bit! Lol!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
LOL, I only live a few minutes away from the track. I was driving by on I-15 and noticed them running out closer to the freeway.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
So in the "what did you do today?" thread I mentioned I was becoming a 44 y/o grandfather...what I didn't add was potentially.

I'm a foster dad (resource parent) and it turns out that the teen girl we took in during the weekend is pregnant.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
It sounds like you will be very busy for the next while. Very big comittment!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Well, my work situation has changed and is the primary reason I haven't been on the Nation a lot lately. The good news I s that I am still employed. But the corporation decided to close the small office we had in surburban Philly. The engineers (including me) are working from home and traveling to Long Island at least every other week. The program managers have been asked to relocate to LI to which each has said no.

So between setting up a home office and being up in LI two weeks in a row, I've been hopping.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Yep sounds like a busy life. Even though it is painful to type, I still seem to manage :crazy:

Although this crazy night shift is the only time I get a chance to sit down at a terminal. Dayshift ..... they actually expect me do stuff! :biggrin:

I will start repairing the bike soon. I bent the ferring and headlight bracket so it looks like $130 to buy a new one and a couple hours of my labor to change it out. The tank is worth over $500 so I will live with the dent if it can't be suctioned out. Probably from my knee hitting it. Another labor intensive job will be the bent handlebars. So much stuff to remove plus my heated grips.

I think I need a bigger boat. Then I could sell the bike and spend more of my time on the water. Its a lot softer when you land on it. :undecided:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
So the bike is fixed and ready to go. Not sure when I will ride it next. I feel like I need to go out with a bunch of people to get the guts to go into heavy traffic again. Riding around the block is kind of boring but seems quiet and safe. I can almost bend my dislocated finger to make a fist and my dislocated thumb is getting better too. Maybe I will ride it to work if the weather holds.

I have 4 twelve hour night shifts to go then camping! The trailer is ready to go and the campsite is booked. The weather is holding out well up here and we have had it very dry. Just got over a few days of spotty rain showers and boy did we need it. The good news is that I have only had to cut my lawn twice this summer!

My wife says that she is going to get a picture of me on the bike and have it made to look like a painting on canvas. She said she will do it before I SELL THE BIKE. I better enjoy riding into this fall season because I don't think its gonna last much after next spring.

Oh ya ....Vegas in 16 days!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Why is it that you always come down here when I am busy?

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
djthumper said:
Why is it that you always come down here when I am busy?

Good thing I will have my one person fan club at the track cheering me on!:biggrin:

dktb

Dec 1, 2011
Hi Bill we were also planning to going to go to Vegas on those date but sept became a busy month before i could book it.Hope you are getting better after your fall.We moved a little close to you we're at 128 and 100 know.We'll have to get togeather at timmy's for coffee and donuts.Dean

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Sounds great Dean! Maybe you want to come to the track and watch me race around in Vegas!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
You have my number give me a call or a text. If I can I will meet you.

dktb

Dec 1, 2011
Blade said:
Sounds great Dean! Maybe you want to come to the track and watch me race around in Vegas!

I wonted to go but work got pretty busy and with the move,still putting thing away and find space for it.I hoping end of sept to get some time off.5 weeks of renovatians and work had long days then the move still got some stuff at the old place.That was fun LOL.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
dktb said:
I wonted to go but work got pretty busy and with the move,still putting thing away and find space for it.I hoping end of sept to get some time off.5 weeks of renovatians and work had long days then the move still got some stuff at the old place.That was fun LOL.

Same cell/Home PH# or if it changed send me a PM and I will give you a call when I get back from camping.

dktb

Dec 1, 2011
Blade said:
Same cell/Home PH# or if it changed send me a PM and I will give you a call when I get back from camping.

Yes the phone #'s are the same.Have fun.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
dktb said:
Yes the phone #'s are the same.Have fun.

I will give Jeff a call and see if he wants to slum by our area on the weekend!

dktb

Dec 1, 2011
Blade said:
I will give Jeff a call and see if he wants to slum by our area on the weekend!

Might work.tommorrow knight i might go to the A&W on 120th for a car show

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
I'm heading up to Squamish for 2 days of camping. Back on Saturday.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Now its back to reality. The rain has started and the weather is finally cooling down. What a nice change .....actual seasons! :biggrin:

Any of my facebook friends will have already seen the video of my driving out at the track in Las Vegas. That was sure fun. I would recommend RACING SCHOOL, Exotics racing school is the ultimate driving experience at Las Vegas Speedway with Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche. for a really great "beginners" track experience on a road course.

I just booked our Palm Springs Golf trip for March of 2014. This time we are taking the women. :eek: We shall see how that turns out.

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Yes, I saw the vids on Facebook! Bill had a blast! Also glad to hear you have seasons up there. We apparently only have one down here. We call it "hot". Still in the 90's here. Yay.....

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
I have a really good cold coming on. It may have been the craziness at the wedding reception last weekend but man I am paying now. I know ....wah wah wah!

I have really been amazed at the caliber of the photography that my kids are doing. They have the right equipment too but the eye is so important when capturing a subject or a scene. It is just like art. They have the software to make it all happen too.

They have convinced me to shoot RAW and it has been fun. I did not realize how much data is actually in a picture when you shoot RAW. Now if I can just convince the wife that I need another L series lens :undecided:

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
A cold? Probably from all that international travel! You didn't drink the water did you? You need to get vaccinated.....

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
I sure need something vaccinated. The pain .....the suffering ........is unbearable. No wait ....that was my wife's comment about my whining.

I'm sure this bug is something that ran away from Florida. Have to attend a wedding Saturday so it appears that I will be resting lots over the next day and a half.

(47 hour work week behind me)

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Looks like it is going to dip into the 20's next week. No threat of snow yet as it is usually clear when it drops below freezing around here. The only real effect it has on me is the way our product gets frozen. As it sits outside waiting to get processed it is exposed to the freezing temperatures and the moisture in the veneer freezes. The sheets stick together making the frozen loads useless until they thaw.

On the bright side, my cycle is done and I have 4 days off until Monday. That's when the cold weather is supposed to drop in.

Scarabepic, Flyingfisher and I got together in Seattle the other weekend. I had so much fun playing on a boys night out!. (and without the wife lecturing me) Even though she was not there, after a "few" shots, I did not urinate in a public place OR ask the guys if they wanted to "get into a fight" while we were in the bar! :thumbsup:

And yes I was up at the crack of dawn (to pee) then finally up at noon!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
wmolzon said:
Hello hello
Hiya, Rip Van Winkle? It's been a year and a half! Howya doing?!?!?!?!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online