power restoration

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
Hey everyone hope everybody is OK

Basically what I want to do is restoring power to my engine, I have a 2007 trailblazer Lt 4x4 4.2 i6, I went to a drag strip with a friend who owned a 2009 dodge charger 3.5 i6, and he easily was the winner :sadcry: tried racing him 3 times still he was winning and he had a stock engine my times were

18.345 1/4 mile 0-60 10.05 that was the best I reached 122.3 mph
The worst was 18.7 0-60 11.8 reached 120.6 mph

I already had installed a K&N air filter only that I clean every oil change also I had my front right headlight removed for more airflow with the spare tire but still got 18.3 the best

What will I need to change for maintenance I don't want to get pcm4less because I live in a different country

Thank you

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Change where you live and get a tune. Or buy a V8. Or live with perpetual disappointment.

Your performance does not suck for a heavy truck.

Want a dragster.... Buy a dragster.

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
thats not what i mean roadie i cant just change where i live or get a dragster i just want like minor changes example gutting the airbox and cold air intake also chaning spark plugs and cleaning the throttle body even though i cleaned it a month ago i will try a get a tune but the price is 2 times the place you live

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Ya gotta pay to play.

There are NO MAGIC MODS. No cheap mods that give you 30%, or even 10% more performance. Removing all your interior seats and spare tire to cut down weight won't even do it.

Adjusting your expectations is going to make you a happier person.

Advice from somebody who could be your grandfather.

Reactions: Capote

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The reason you keep losing races to your friend, is because you're supposed to. Sure, his engine may be a little bit smaller, but that car is much lighter than our trucks, so the power to weight ratio is much higher, and it has much better aerodynamics.

The title of your thread says power restoration, but in reality you are looking to add power, which is not the same thing. Gutting the airbox, adding an intake, and cleaning your throttle body are not going to give you any additional horsepower without a PCM tune. And even then, the gains will be minimal.

If you insist on punching above your weight class like that, and want to win races, you would need to add forced air induction or nitrous, a higher flowing exhaust system so the engine can breathe better, and upgrade your transmission to be able to handle it. Of course all of those things are unrealistically expensive for the average driver, but like Roadie said, you gotta pay to play.

Reactions: Capote and dfc739

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
The TrailBlazer and Envoy are almost 5000 pound vehicles. My extended cab Silverado is only a couple of hundred pounds heavier. GM designed the TB & Voy as SUVs. While the PCM tune will liven up the I6 engine, racing against a Charger is an apples to oranges comparison.

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
The roadie my speed was in km not miles anyway I will change the spark plugs do you recommend NJK or not and I will gut the air box witha a custom intake and can I just pop the last resonator in the exhaust or not good

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
Also I will try and pay for the tune what do you recommend me to get 0-60 in just 8 or 9 seconds

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
aboturky839 said:
The roadie my speed was in km not miles anyway I will change the spark plugs do you recommend NJK or not and I will gut the air box witha a custom intake and can I just pop the last resonator in the exhaust or not good
Only use AC-Delco 41-103 Iridium spark plugs. They are the only ones proven to be trouble free.

You can remove the resonator on the exhaust. A lot of people do it for looks or clearance. You will just get a little more drone at certain speeds. It won't help or hurt performance whatsoever.

Reactions: Mounce

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
OK so I will just go with the ac delco spark plugs also I have a problem that is when I come to a stop or even when the car is cold on a start the rpm when it stays at 600 rpm it starts to drop to 400 rpm then you fell a hesitation then it comes back to 600 rpm it don't stop doing it

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It don't stop doing it cause you beat it at racetracks.

The truck is pissed at you.

:thumbsup:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
aboturky839 said:
OK so I will just go with the ac delco spark plugs also I have a problem that is when I come to a stop or even when the car is cold on a start the rpm when it stays at 600 rpm it starts to drop to 400 rpm then you fell a hesitation then it comes back to 600 rpm it don't stop doing it
If that is only happening when the AC or defroster or recirculate is running, that usually is fixed by removing and cleaning the throttle-body.

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
It happens when the AC is on or off does not matters also I did clean the throttle body one month ago with the MAF sensor but nothing happened I see the voltage drops but the battery is a new one that I checked before buying it 3 days ago

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
Blckshdw said:
The title of your thread says power restoration, but in reality you are looking to add power, which is not the same thing. Gutting the airbox, adding an intake, and cleaning your throttle body are not going to give you any additional horsepower without a PCM tune. And even then, the gains will be minimal.
Actually his times are really slow, slower than stock. It would appear he does need some power restoration!

Reactions: yodaddy4200

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
Yes yes thank you pittdawg you understand me my time is slow and that what I want restoring power like changing spark plugs throttle clean what else can I do

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
aboturky839 said:
Yes yes thank you pittdawg you understand me my time is slow and that what I want restoring power like changing spark plugs throttle clean what else can I do
You need to run some diagnostics and see what component(s) aren't functioning right. Maybe you have a gummed up throttle body, a failing cat converter, fouled up plugs, cracked exhaust manifold, dirty air filter, etc., could be any number of things.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Perforated driveshaft to reduce weight

Reactions: yodaddy4200

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
i am back good and bad news the good new is that i change my spark plugs, cleaned the MAF, did a coolant flush and last but not least i change the fan clutch at first it sounded to hard while moving now the bad news is that my old fan was ticking in the shroud line under it so does not now also how can i fix it what alignment this happened because i hit a bumb hard enough it changed the fan alignment

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
aboturky839 said:
i am back good and bad news the good new is that i change my spark plugs, cleaned the MAF, did a coolant flush and last but not least i change the fan clutch at first it sounded to hard while moving now the bad news is that my old fan was ticking in the shroud line under it so does not now also how can i fix it what alignment this happened because i hit a bumb hard enough it changed the fan alignment
A fan clutch that engages unnecessarily will definitely waste engine power!

If your fan is hitting the shroud:
a. make sure the clutch nut is driven all the way onto the water pump. The base of the nut should contact the pump pulley
b. check the attachment points for the shroud and radiator assembly for cracks or loose bolts
c. unlikely but make sure the rubber block that supports the top center of the radiator is seated (should be as far forward as possible)

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
Actually the fan started so high with loud sound the first time only then it did not happened even I got a new fan clutch relay all the bolts are tightened good also the fan clutch bolt to the water pump is tightened I can't tighten it anymore is moves the pulley when I try to tighten it more I read about the chain method how it that done and is it harmful to the truck

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
Update on what is happening the car is shaking at a stop when idling 612 rpm and the fan is not ticking to anything except when I put it on reverse I keeps on ticking as if it moved down a little bit could it be from the thing that the engine sits on I forgot its name ?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Frame....

Engine mounts....

If you keep abusing the truck - - racing - -ramping bumps-- the engine will be on the ground soon!

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
Yup engine mounts no I don't race the truck all the days I race only 2 times a months also I got offroading 1 time a month I care about my truck :smile: the number I hit was in offroading

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Dang numbers getting in the way.

loondog33

Jun 25, 2014
If you want quick 0-60 time, I'd suggest going over to Dubai and grabbing up one of those abandoned super-cars!

From reading your comments, I'd probably suggest you sell the LT and buy a Subaru wrx or something like that, that will be fun to race/ bragging rights. It's still AWD but you'll destroy your buddy's Charger for sure, and a lot of other cars as well!

Have you taken truck to a good shop, hell are there any over there? Done a compression test or a dyno?
If your 07' has lost power it might not be a good sign of things to come. My 04' with 129,000 miles still runs strong and will still get on it pretty good when I need it, but then again I never race it or off road with it.

Good luck.

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
It does have power on high speeds over 40 miles but while racing my buddy's charger I start by taking him over for like 10 meters then he take me but stays number to number with me and he wins

Reactions: loondog33

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
NOS

Have you not seen the Fast n Furious series of movies. Everyone knows NOS wins races!

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
Of course so a new idea came to me I need to clean my fuel injectors is there any article someone can help me with I want to remove them out of the car and clean them

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
If you're going to remove them, you'll need a lot of patience, removing the (not throttle body) :biggrin: **correction** INTAKE MANIFOLD**is time consuming, or so I've read.... just try a fuel system cleaner like techron....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Throttle body is simple to pop off

Reactions: KNBlazer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online