SUPPORT Post software upgrade issues

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Might I suggest, for now, that you use this link: http://gmtnation.com/forums/find-new/posts?recent=1

I'll find a way to add that into the menu bar somewhere. However, you could just use that as your bookmark and always go right to that page. Let me know if that's more like what you're talking about.

This is what I've been doing. The new behavior is the same way TBSSOwners works, so I had already gotten into this habit. Would be cool to have that option on the menu bar as well.

Reactions: Mooseman
Upvote 0

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
With the old software you could view more than 20 replies per page to a thread topic. Is that possible with the new software? I looked around but didn't see anyway to adjust it. Other than that, everything looks great!!!

Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I think that is being looked into. You were not the only one seeing that difference.

Upvote 0

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Did you check the box to stay signed in? I haven't noticed problems coming back and being automatically signed in. Give your cookies a flush, maybe an old cookie from the old site is messing with you.

flushed cookies, and checked keep logged on, did not notice that before.
worked for keeping me logged in.
thank you sir.

Reactions: Jman423
Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Something that should be tagged low priority, is embedded videos. Looks like all of the URLs need to be wrapped with [Media ] [/Media] tags. Current entries aren't even hyperlinks anymore, so things like the random videos thread aren't as entertaining without copying/pasting.

Edit: It looks like the lone URL will still work. In current posts if they are edited and re-saved, the videos will embed properly.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Something that should be tagged low priority, is embedded videos. Looks like all of the URLs need to be wrapped with [Media ] [/Media] tags. Current entries aren't even hyperlinks anymore, so things like the random videos thread aren't as entertaining without copying/pasting.

Edit: It looks like the lone URL will still work. In current posts if they are edited and re-saved, the videos will embed properly.

I might be able to fix that, don't go crazy editing just yet.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I was wondering why after you read through a thread, then clicked "new posts" that the thread went away. Unlike the old software where the thread would not be "bolded" anymore.

No more vehicle information under the username or is that still in the works?

This is what I've been doing. The new behavior is the same way TBSSOwners works, so I had already gotten into this habit. Would be cool to have that option on the menu bar as well.

This link has been added to the NavBar.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
We are not able too see any pictures in tapatalk. Any ideas what would cause this?

[attachment=70884:Screenshot_2015-10-10-17-24-35.png]
If someone posted those links to their gallery, the links are going to be broken until we can get our gallery back up and running and import the data from the old forums.

Attachments should still be displayed though.

Upvote 0

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Hi there, it seems like we lost a couple of pages in at least one of my threads (haven't checked all of them yet). But in my thread: Need expert help with BCM problem all the pages are't there, nothing after page 2.

Upvote 0

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Hey guys, just a heads up. I was not logged in and I was able to access the anything goes section and view the forums... just letting you know.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Hi there, it seems like we lost a couple of pages in at least one of my threads (haven't checked all of them yet). But in my thread: Need expert help with BCM problem all the pages are't there, nothing after page 2.
Can you link me to the thread please?
Hey guys, just a heads up. I was not logged in and I was able to access the anything goes section and view the forums... just letting you know.
Fixed. Thank you for pointing that out.

Reactions: littleblazer
Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

Your thread looks the way I remember it. Keep in mind, the settings were changed to allow more posts per page, so that may be why you're not seeing a 3rd page as you may have been expecting like before.

Upvote 0

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Your thread looks the way I remember it. Keep in mind, the settings were changed to allow more posts per page, so that may be why you're not seeing a 3rd page as you may have been expecting like before.

My bad, I got confused with an PM I sent earlier. I thought it was in the thread but it was in a PM.

Sitting in the corner with my dumb a$$ hat on

Upvote 0

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky

I noticed that last night when i was at the lake last night and got on the forum on my cell. Hit the internet app and the post whore thread was the last page i had looked at so it went right to it. Did not realize i was not logged in until i tried to post and could not find the post box. Thought it was just a cached page at the time. But thinking back about it, it was showing current posts and not the ones that i had last viewed.

Reactions: littleblazer
Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
i still only see 20 per page.
is there some where within my profile to change this?
i looked in preferences, where i believe it used to be, but no luck.

You probably need to clear your cache, it's not a user editable setting with this version.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
i still only see 20 per page.
is there some where within my profile to change this?
i looked in preferences, where i believe it used to be, but no luck.

You probably need to clear your cache, it's not a user editable setting with this version.

Yeah, try to clear your cookies and cache and check again. Let us know your findings.

Upvote 0

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Yeah, try to clear your cookies and cache and check again. Let us know your findings.

cleared cookies and cache in both IE and Firefox (currently using firefox)
deleted bookmarks on both, restarted. signed in on both.
still get only 20 per page on either browser. anything else to try?

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
cleared cookies and cache in both IE and Firefox (currently using firefox)
deleted bookmarks on both, restarted. signed in on both.
still get only 20 per page on either browser. anything else to try?
I will look into it for you.

Is anyone else out there having this problme? Do you all see 20 or 40 posts per page?
Can't access anything goes right now.
Sorry about that, I'll look into it and get it fixed. Usergroup and forum permissions in Xenforo are so flexible that it's a bit tricky to master. We'll get there.

Reactions: Mounce
Upvote 0

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I see 40 posts per page.

I'm not able to access anything goes forum either. the last time I couldn't get into anything goes forum I wasn't able to see it listed in the forums. this time I see it in the forums but when I click on it I get the same message as Mounce.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I get 40 posts. Didn't clear the cache or cookies neither to get them.

Anything goes, no issues for me.

Upvote 0

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Not sure if it has been covered yet but why don't we have vehicle information and location etc under our avatar on the left??

It is extremely valuable when troubleshooting problems, we need to see what they are driving.......It is way too much trouble to go to their profile and click on the information tab to reply to a tech question.

Reactions: dmanns67
Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I have a message from Escapepilot who is not even able to login. I tried to look at his account and no issues pop out at me at this time.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Not sure if it has been covered yet but why don't we have vehicle information and location etc under our avatar on the left??

It is extremely valuable when troubleshooting problems, we need to see what they are driving.......It is way too much trouble to go to their profile and click on the information tab to reply to a tech question.
It is high on my list, I'm having trouble getting it to work properly, but I am working on it. I know how important it is to have that info visible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have a message from Escapepilot who is not even able to login. I tried to look at his account and no issues pop out at me at this time.
Please have him try again.

Reactions: BlazingTrails
Upvote 0

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Question, is there an issue with the membership upgrades? Don't know if this was covered yet...

Upvote 0

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online