SUPPORT Post software upgrade issues

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I know Jimmy was up pretty late into the morning to get everything back online, so he probably won't be back on to tinker with those settings until he can recharge his batteries a bit.

Reactions: BlazingTrails
Upvote 0

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
what what happened to the anything goes forum? I can't find it.

Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It's still there. JMan will have to check some of the permissions settings when he gets back on. We're making notes of any issues as we go along, so it might take a little while to get all of the wrinkles ironed out.

Reactions: xavierny25
Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Some things are still being worked on. It will be around.

Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Not sure if any of you guys know, but whenever I post it says: "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors." and is obviously invisible. Just a friendly heads up. :tongue:

I know that is the case for the site support forum, but if you're getting this for all the other thread posts, then that's an issue to be looked into.

Upvote 0

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
I just posted in the Cooper AT/3 thread and got the message.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
SB, For whatever reason, you might be on global moderation where we have to approve all your posts. I don't have access to the control panel yet so I can't check. Have you posted anywhere else?

Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I was getting notices to approve Snowblazer posts but not anymore...

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That's because I approved it :smile:

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ
Upvote 0

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
My account doesn't show that I'm a gold member in account page.
Don't see anything goes tread either. Also getting the waiting for moderator approval message on post.

Upvote 0

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
I noticed that the alert settings for posts are somewhat broken. I noticed a huge delay in one of the topics on the alerts section on this site and received an email advising of the comment on the topic. I went into the alert preferences but don't see any option where you can select to disable email alerts. I myself only want alerts to be on the site itself, not through my email. Having the ability to check what alert you want to your site alerts and mailbox would be great.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
My account doesn't show that I'm a gold member in account page.
Don't see anything goes tread either. Also getting the waiting for moderator approval message on post.

Your status is set to Gold, but your transaction is not yet present. I will have to enter these manually for every active subscription. The reason you can't see Anything Goes is because I have not setup the permissions on that forum yet. I will do it shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm willing to believe that the majority of these issues are related to member status on the site. No anything goes, can't post unless mod approves, and now I can't add links to my signature.

When did you last try to add links to your signature? I just readjusted everyone's usergroup permissions right after I got your moderation/approval thing taken care of. You should be good now. Anything Goes will be back shortly.

I noticed that the alert settings for posts are somewhat broken. I noticed a huge delay in one of the topics on the alerts section on this site and received an email advising of the comment on the topic. I went into the alert preferences but don't see any option where you can select to disable email alerts. I myself only want alerts to be on the site itself, not through my email. Having the ability to check what alert you want to your site alerts and mailbox would be great.

I'll look into this. There should be a way.

Upvote 0

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
i'm sure this is down on the list, i liked on the old software where if you had read a topic it went un bold, but still stayed up on the board for a while. it seems with the new software, once a topic is read it is gone when you refresh the "New Post" button after you have replied to a topic.

also, is there a time limit on the sign on? i used to be able to come back after a few hours and still be signed in.

Reactions: kickass audio
Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
it went un bold, but still stayed up on the board for a while
This may be a software limitation, I can look into it, but like you said, it is a lower priority on the list.
time limit on the sign on
Did you check the box to stay signed in? I haven't noticed problems coming back and being automatically signed in. Give your cookies a flush, maybe an old cookie from the old site is messing with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
This may be a software limitation, I can look into it, but like you said, it is a lower priority on the list.

Did you check the box to stay signed in? I haven't noticed problems coming back and being automatically signed in. Give you cookies a flush, maybe an old cookie from the old site is messing with you.

Thanks for all your hard work jman!

Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
So "new posts" only shows threads that you have not read, while "recent posts" shows all threads (which is the way new posts worked on IPB). Just throwing that out there for my fellow "new post" cruisers.

Also I'm locked out of anything goes as well.

Reactions: dmanns67
Upvote 0

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
anything goes has been working for me for at least 30 minutes

Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Drew, try doing a refresh or clear your cookies. you may have some of the old site cached.

Reactions: MAY03LT
Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I haven't seen too much broken yet that is show stopping or hasn't been mentioned yet. All the subsections are working for me, have been since I first tried anyway.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

If you click on your Username on top, go to Preferences and the Notification and Email options are there. As for the delay for the email, there always was one even in the old software. Alerts have been quick for me.

Reactions: Jman423
Upvote 0

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
So "new posts" only shows threads that you have not read, while "recent posts" shows all threads (which is the way new posts worked on IPB). Just throwing that out there for my fellow "new post" cruisers.

I was wondering why after you read through a thread, then clicked "new posts" that the thread went away. Unlike the old software where the thread would not be "bolded" anymore.

No more vehicle information under the username or is that still in the works?

Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Member map?

IIRC we are hoping to get that back. Jimmy's priorities are getting everyone to back to normal as possible. Then work on the little things. Some of the stuff are 3rd party add-ons to do what we had.

I believe that will come back soon. I actually like that when people ask questions and don't tell us what they are driving.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Member map?
This has already been paid for and I'm awaiting a license. We will not be able to carry over the old locations from the member map on the old site, but this one automatically takes the "location" field from people's profiles and populates the map. This will make it even more important to fill out your location field correctly. It will also ensure that more people are on the member map. I've yet to see all of the settings, but I'll discuss it more when we get it installed.

I was wondering why after you read through a thread, then clicked "new posts" that the thread went away. Unlike the old software where the thread would not be "bolded" anymore.

Might I suggest, for now, that you use this link: http://gmtnation.com/forums/find-new/posts?recent=1

I'll find a way to add that into the menubar somewhere. However, you could just use that as your bookmark and always go right to that page. Let me know if that's more like what you're talking about.

IIRC we are hoping to get that back. Jimmy's priorities are getting everyone to back to normal as possible. Then work on the little things. Some of the stuff are 3rd party add-ons to do what we had.

I believe that will come back soon. I actually like that when people ask questions and don't tell us what they are driving.
Correct. The staff is driving the priority list for me. I'm doing my best to get the core forum experience configured properly, then I'm going to focus on third-party add-ons such as the member map and plenty of other features. At the moment, we don't have our gallery up and running yet, but we will. We'll import the data from our old gallery as well.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher