Post A Pic Of Your GMT RIGHT NOW!!!

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
HARDTRAILZ said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_20140716_210551_696.jpg
Love that truck when are you gonna paint the doors from bumper top to the other to match?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The Photoshop of that looked too jeep but I may do a couple inches of lower doors. To hide some scars. Want the hood all white first

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
You could just plastidip it and drive it for a while and see which you like better everything seems different in person

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Plastidip blows to remove...

Reactions: dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My hood SUCKED to peel. Took bug n tar remover.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Could the heat of the hood, engine bay, helped cake the Plastidip on? Seems some with dip on the wheels and bumpers/grille come off sooner than the owner wanted :rotfl: Peeling and all.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
HARDTRAILZ said:
Plastidip blows to remove...
I found spraying the plasti dip with WD-40, letting it sit for about 10 minutes, and then using a pressure washer to blast it off works well. The WD-40 breaks it down enough you might even be able to use a garden hose to spray it off.

Aarkon said:
I remember Dave saying he had to pressure wash his of his rims
That is correct, 2700psi and some WD-40.

Aarkon said:
I just redid my rim yesterday and it peeled right of after a couple months
Did you use Glossifier on top of the plasti dip? I would imagine that would seal it better, kinda like a clear coat.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Plastic Dip sucks.

Had at least 6-8 coats.

Been on the plasti forum n it does not trump my personal miserable experience with it.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I'm getting ready to peel the dip off and go with getting them painted. BEWARE of that plasti cleaner offered it will ruin your painted calipers but will clean the dip pretty damn good. The glossifier adds a bit of gloss to the dip which is cool but I must say white is definitely hard to keep clean

Reactions: dmanns67 and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
HARDTRAILZ said:
Plastic Dip sucks.

Had at least 6-8 coats.

Been on the plasti forum n it does not trump my personal miserable experience with it.
Sorry to hear that Trailz :eek:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
TexazReece said:
I'm getting ready to peel the dip off and go with getting them painted. BEWARE of that plasti cleaner offered it will ruin your painted calipers but will clean the dip pretty damn good. The glossifier adds a bit of gloss to the dip which is cool but I must say white is definitely hard to keep clean
I figured that would be your biggest problem once I seen you painted your calipers and wheels white. I have enough trouble trying to keep my polished wheels and my black calipers clean :no:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
It's a pain :mad:. I just washed my truck saturday and they are back to that dirty look already but the rain accelerated the dirty look this time lol. So this weekend I'll be repainting my calipers :frown:

Reactions: Capote and dmanns67

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Chevy4ever said:
With the all yellow headlights and foglights...

Hard to see on this pic, but everything is yellow when driving at night.

Camera20HDR20Studio20-201405275470726_zps8d307550.jpg
When do we get to see the night shot with the lights on? :popcorn:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Looks good :thumbsup:

Chevy4ever

Mar 19, 2014
Thnx, I though I'd give it a try. It is a 4-D print with some sort of perforated vinyl, so you never get any bubbles.

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
dmanns67 said:
You have a sexy truck, do you blame them :thumbsup: Looks like your rear step pad could use a nice coat of plasti dip :yes: Mine was about as faded as yours.

Very nice touch with the carbon fiber. Looks good :thumbsup:
Actually believe it or not I just dipped it last week but that stuff is a dirt magnet on my dirt roads[emoji17]

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_20140722_014241.jpg
    IMG_20140722_014241.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 44

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I will definitely start posting there :biggrin: I just feel like an amateur compared to some of the stuff I've seen the other guys do. I wired the front ones to the Ignition fuse under the hood, and the rear ones to fuse #50 under the left rear passenger seat fuse box. My next project is putting some LED's in the engine compartment to give some light while working under the hood. I'll post that one in the LED Mod Thread for sure :thumbsup:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
I will definitely start posting there :biggrin: I just feel like an amateur compared to some of the stuff I've seen the other guys do. I wired the front ones to the Ignition fuse under the hood, and the rear ones to fuse #50 under the left rear passenger seat fuse box. My next project is putting some LED's in the engine compartment to give some light while working under the hood. I'll post that one in the LED Mod Thread for sure :thumbsup:
May03LT did a nice mod by adding LED lighting under the hood. I cannot remember if he made a video or just posted in the LED mod thread :undecided:

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
May03LT did a nice mod by adding LED lighting under the hood. I cannot remember if he made a video or just posted in the LED mod thread :undecided:
Yup I saw that mod of his :thumbsup: , I believe he has just the picture. I was also thinking of putting some strips along the bottom of the door frame, sort of like courtesy lights. But I wanna wire them up so they only come on when the interior lights are activated by opening one of the doors. That way they turn off with the closing of the door as well. It'd be a pretty sweet mod to do.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfink

Members Online