Post A Pic Of Your GMT RIGHT NOW!!!

TBLS

Dec 29, 2013
Home from school
dunuhu9a.jpg

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:
Doesn't key stuck = weak/dead battery? And there is a manual release on the underside of the column (a little plug you pull out and stick a pen up in to hit the manual release)?

Battery should be good, replaced last winter, early spring. Started just fine last couple days w/ subzero temps.
Got in it wed night, key would not go in all the way, was able to force it in, started and has started since, just can't get key to come out (release). But thank you for the reminder about the manual release :thumbsup: I recall something about that, but did not have the time to search the forum. Will check release tomorrow. This is why I love this site, random stuff stuck in the back of someone's mind, and they come across a thread, and wah la, I know a solution to that problem. Thanks Sparky. Still going to take it in and have it checked out since it's still under warranty.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:
Doesn't key stuck = weak/dead battery? And there is a manual release on the underside of the column (a little plug you pull out and stick a pen up in to hit the manual release)?

was messing around w/ it yesterday, was able to get the key out, just pulled really hard.
was afraid to do earlier as i did not want to get stuck somewhere.
turns out that the key had gotten bent some how.
was able to manually bend it somewhat straight, and that fixed the problem.
so i took the key to my bench vise and clamped it down to get it as straight as i could.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011

amweaver47

May 15, 2012

Attachments

• 20140110_135905.jpg
    20140110_135905.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 17

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Started to snow so I went to raise the wipers. Slow night at work.

Attachments

• 20140114_030015.jpg
    20140114_030015.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 12
Dec 17, 2011
LAGNY SUR MARNE FRANCE
And this one is with my old europeen license plate barcket with old number.

Before 2010 if you by a car the license plate number change and the last number "77" in the picture is coresponding to the state region.
After 2009 exactly if you by a new car or and old one, the nuber is "aa-111-aa" for is life and didnt change.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
trailblazer075 said:
Hi!
Today i change my license plate barcket , i return it in the great position:

and one with my french number

Where you able to drive in France with New York plates? How does that work? Cool :cool:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
trailblazer075 said:
Hi!
Today i change my license plate barcket , i return it in the great position:
In this day and age plates seem so antiquated. Small bar codes or even my EZpass transmitter should be sufficient for officials to extract information. I mean the wide variance of plate numbers/letters, sizes, colors, placement and do we need a front back plate leads me to believe that the DMV doesn't know WTF it's doing....:hissyfit:

glfredrick

Jan 14, 2014
northcreek said:
In this day and age plates seem so antiquated. Small bar codes or even my EZpass transmitter should be sufficient for officials to extract information. I mean the wide variance of plate numbers/letters, sizes, colors, placement and do we need a front back plate leads me to believe that the DMV doesn't know WTF it's doing....:hissyfit:

Most states are already using license plate recognition software and collection devices. They can collect data at speeds up to 130 mph and the database reads out instantly all the pertinent data on the plate. No need for human eyes anymore.

License Plate Recognition Technology - Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR) - Motorola Solutions USA

Police License Plate Readers

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
northcreek said:

Local radio morning show had the state patrol spokeman on 30 mins ago and they spoke of this. Also reminded us that Back to the Future II had barcodes in 2015...:undecided:

:rotfl:

Michigan doesn't have a front plate. Anyone there know why?

Dec 17, 2011
LAGNY SUR MARNE FRANCE
Playsinsnow said:
Where you able to drive in France with New York plates? How does that work? Cool :cool:

No it s not possible!
Just with the french plates on open road.
I put other plates only for the show cars in france.
In France there is a great deal of false plates on stolen cars and thus I use US plates to avoid seeing my french plates usurped

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Playsinsnow said:
Michigan doesn't have a front plate. Anyone there know why?

Well in NY the plates are supposedly made by inmates of the State Pen. so I guess they want to keep them twice as busy :wink:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Threw on the pickup wheels so I can get the other ones balanced. Bit taller, was concerned with the 14mm lug hole but the lug nuts fit fine.

Attachments

• 20140115_134744.jpg
    20140115_134744.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 16

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012

Attachments

• 1379315_10153406935655112_1073440317_n.jpg
    1379315_10153406935655112_1073440317_n.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 22

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
My buddy had a mouse nest by the #1 coil when he bought his Voy.. Took him a few months to actually clean the "dirt" under there. Then I thought of this when Northcreek said to check the box.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Neither does West Virginia. First state out of the six states I have lived in that doesn't.

You know, 19 states don't have a front plate requirement actually. :wootwoot:

Mainly the South, branching a bit west like Oklahoma, and up north in Delaware and Michigan.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
IllogicTC said:
You know, 19 states don't have a front plate requirement actually. :wootwoot:

Mainly the South, branching a bit west like Oklahoma, and up north in Delaware and Michigan.

MD has the requirement, I ran without one for years. I have also heard that they may change the law on it.

On another note I am in one of the few counties in MD that does not require emissions :wootwoot:. I have heard rumors about the local naval base being the reason, as well as some farm rules from who knows when. Whatever the reason I love it.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
You going to cook it for her? Will she know? :rotfl:

glfredrick

Jan 14, 2014
blazinlow89 said:
MD has the requirement, I ran without one for years. I have also heard that they may change the law on it.

On another note I am in one of the few counties in MD that does not require emissions :wootwoot:. I have heard rumors about the local naval base being the reason, as well as some farm rules from who knows when. Whatever the reason I love it.

I helped defeat the VET in Kentucky. My argument was the winning argument that turned the tide against the test; "We are creating more air pollution and consuming more natural resources by requiring EVERY vehicle in the commonwealth to travel to a VET station, run for the mandated 15+ minutes, and test than we are taking out of commission polluting vehicles because over 98% of all tested vehicles pass the test every year."

That is the case in virtually every state that tests, which leaves but two reasons for actually testing; to make an emotional appeal, i.e., "we are doing all we can..." or to collect revenue or give kick-backs from the testing fees.

This is a winning political argument if the PEOPLE who vote in any given state will make it!

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
That is a compelling argument and most places with common sense may listen. However keep in mind MD is Great Communist republic of the east coast (not seriously) and we have some of the most f-ed up taxes. We have a tax on rain Sq ft that is not permeable ground, ie. Driveways, roofs, decks/patios etc. Luckily it applies to all but like 6 or 7 counties and we are in one of them.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
blazinlow89 said:
That is a compelling argument and most places with common sense may listen. However keep in mind MD is Great Communist republic of the east coast (not seriously) and we have some of the most f-ed up taxes. We have a tax on rain Sq ft that is not permeable ground, ie. Driveways, roofs, decks/patios etc. Luckily it applies to all but like 6 or 7 counties and we are in one of them.

....what? So, if you build a house that's more like a tower (increasing vertical dimension to minimize horizontal dimension) you could save on taxes?

I don't get the decks, maybe I'm not thinking right because I'm thinking like an elevated wooden platform with nothing under it, you can't tell me the rain doesn't slip between the planks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adymen

Members Online