Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Pizzagut

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
My new set of fog lights just arrived and the adjustment screw on these is the same as OE. Every other set of aftermarket fogs had a philips adjustment screw versus the star. Maybe because this set was around $55 versus $30. Hopefully they hold up better than the Spyder set I bought last.

Reactions: Capote

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:
My new set of fog lights just arrived and the adjustment screw on these is the same as OE. Every other set of aftermarket fogs had a philips adjustment screw versus the star. Maybe because this set was around $55 versus $30. Hopefully they hold up better than the Spyder set I bought last.
Have fun with that lol. Only way I could aim mine were to take them out, turn the screw with pliers and put them back in.

I maxed both of them out as in, they're touching the top of their recess and can't go any higher. Wish they'd go a little higher but much better than they were.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
[emoji777]

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
Have fun with that lol. Only way I could aim mine were to take them out, turn the screw with pliers and put them back in.

I maxed both of them out as in, they're touching the top of their recess and can't go any higher. Wish they'd go a little higher but much better than they were.
I max mine out as well prior to install. It keeps them from bouncing around plus shines light up and out versus at the ground. It will be trial and error with projectors though. I want the beam as straight as possible. A couple degrees off 10ft away from the wall will be amplified the further out you go. Dont want to blind drivers. I am really excited about the projectors being bi-xenon. Need to figure out how to wire the solenoid :undecided:

Reactions: Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:
I max mine out as well prior to install. It keeps them from bouncing around plus shines light up and out versus at the ground. It will be trial and error with projectors though. I want the beam as straight as possible. A couple degrees off 10ft away from the wall will be amplified the further out you go. Dont want to blind drivers. I am really excited about the projectors being bi-xenon. Need to figure out how to wire the solenoid :undecided:
Diodes soldered to some wire tapped into the trigger for the headlights :yes:

Been thinking hard about doing a retrofit on the Mustang. Ever seen the standard h1 projectors in the closeouts section on TRS? I saw a thread on hidp last night where someone used them and tbh they had great output, nothing like some fx-r's or mini h1's but it was pretty good and the wow factor to me is the price. I don't have a lot of money to throw around and I'm a cheap sob so those are perfect for me lol. I'll get a link to the thread.

Thinking either the standard h1's or B-stock. Really leaning towards the standard h1's though because I don't know shit about fixing a projector like I'd have to do for the B-stock ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online