Status
Not open for further replies.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
what really sucks is that the price goes way up for the '08 and '09 for a tune. I suspect i will prob end up going with the option of buying a pre tuned ECM/TCM and keeping my originals just in case i end up needing to revert to stock for some unforseen reason. Either way...it will be nice to fully unleash what the TB can do.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
what really sucks is that the price goes way up for the '08 and '09 for a tune. I suspect i will prob end up going with the option of buying a pre tuned ECM/TCM and keeping my originals just in case i end up needing to revert to stock for some unforseen reason. Either way...it will be nice to fully unleash what the TB can do.
I'm keeping my original and ordering a tuned one

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Why do you want to keep your original? You are far cheaper to tune the original and keep the loaner.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Keep in mind you will need to do a security relearn and also need a CASE relearn.
Yeah, i'm tracking :thumbsup:

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
Yeah, i'm tracking :thumbsup:
It is more expensive to buy a tuned PCM, but on the other hand you will have roughly zero down time waiting for the tune, it gives you a spare PCM, and if you get rid of the TB you can install the stock PCM and sell the tuned one.

I had my PCM tuned during a week of vacation. Without vacation time, I would have had to buy a tuned PCM as well.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
It is more expensive to buy a tuned PCM, but on the other hand you will have roughly zero down time waiting for the tune, it gives you a spare PCM, and if you get rid of the TB you can install the stock PCM and sell the tuned one.

I had my PCM tuned during a week of vacation. Without vacation time, I wuld have had to buy a tuned PCM as well.
Going that route to keep a spare :yes:

I'll never get rid of the TB, plan on being a TB guy for life :thumbsup: maybe a TBSS owner in the future if my current TB doesn't last.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
djthumper said:
What are you tracking?
Security relearn and CASE relearn

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
djthumper said:
What are you tracking?
Security and case relearn.

Capote said:
Going that route to keep a spare :yes:

I'll never get rid of the TB, plan on being a TB guy for life :thumbsup: maybe a TBSS owner in the future if my current TB doesn't last.
If I had the money, I would definitely have a TBSS. Wife is next in line for a new vehicle and she has expensive taste. She wants a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Lifted with big wheels and tires. Has to be white, auto tranny, with a soft ajd hard top. No compromise.

Reactions: Capote

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I want to race someone with a tune and 3.42gears.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
djthumper said:
Why do you want to keep your original? You are far cheaper to tune the original and keep the loaner.
Last I checked they do not have the loner program for '08-09. Just the dashhawk and core.
dmanns67 said:

I had my PCM tuned during a week of vacation. Without vacation time, I would have had to buy a tuned PCM as well.
Pretty much listed all the reasons I want to go this route....though my situation does allow me to consider sending in my originals...

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Security and case relearn.

If I had the money, I would definitely have a TBSS. Wife is next in line for a new vehicle and she has expensive taste. She wants a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Lifted with big wheels and tires. Has to be white, auto tranny, with a soft ajd hard top. No compromise.
:thumbsup:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:rotfl:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Plus your 15 more stock hp. Just rolled 139k and going strong.

If I ever hit the mid Atlantic with it I definitely will :thumbsup:

Reactions: Capote and dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'm @ almost 127K, had 123K when I bought her

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Heh I'm only around 55k

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
17,2xx ish. End of May 2007.
Best recollection of annual mileage count

8xk

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
Heh I'm only around 55k
Jealous :frown:

Mounce said:
Hmmmmm...thinking about jumping on some 5630 switchbacks.. $23.. Hmmmm decisions.
Do it, I don't really like mine anymore only because they look way too yellow-ish depending on what angle you look at them, really looks awkward when you compare it to my grille LED strips & HID lights

Reactions: Mounce

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
dmanns67 said:
I am over 141k. I averaged around 21,000 miles a year :eek:
At least 10% of my miles go on her car, probably more. All the little late and weekend runs are with that.. Just bought an '11 Mazda3 5 spd w 21k.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Nice. Dont think I could own a car again after having a TB.
Agreed :biggrin: :biggrin: Once I owned my Dad's Yukon, there was no way i'd be driving a car again lol

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
First two vehicles were two door cars. Once I sat in the TB I was in love. Plus everytime I moved duty stations, everything I owned fit in the back on my TB with the seats down.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
19,900K you whore

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Darkrider_LS said:
Heh I'm only around 55k
You have to drive it to get mileage...

When I bought mine in 2010 it had 31K miles. I have 92K on it now.

Reactions: Capote and dmanns67

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:
Do it. You looking for AW or AO?
AW even though most people don't like them. Either way, I've never seen anyone with switchbacks, guys around here that like leds would probably drool when they see switchbacks for the first time.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Mounce said:
AW even though most people don't like them. Either way, I've never seen anyone with switchbacks, guys around here that like leds would probably drool when they see switchbacks for the first time.
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpimp

Members Online