Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Nah. Everyone has their own style. At Carlisle we had everything from stock, to May03's ridiculous sound system, to my TB.

Your TB is far from stock anyways.
True true, mine defiantly looks more unique than his :raspberry: j/k Brandon, love ya whore :biggrin:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Yea people tend to underestimate the L6 trucks....especially the '06+ with the 291 Hp engine...

Reactions: Capote and dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Your TB is one of the cleanest looking ones I've seen though bud :biggrin: the chrome SS wheels and Summit white do well for you :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to seeing how fast yours is, mine would probably be eating your TB's dust :frown: :rotfl:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
dmanns67 said:
Yeah man. My TB has been my DD for the last six years. It is far from ejaculation.
It looks pretty sweet in photos tho
Darkrider_LS said:
Yea people tend to underestimate the L6 trucks....especially the '06+ with the 291 Hp engine...
that is very true, mine started out at 270 and everybody thinks i have a v8 around here......

Reactions: Capote and dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
that is very true, mine started out at 270 and everybody thinks i have a v8 around here......
I do what I can. Wash it weekly, keeo it clean, spray the salt off once a week if temps are high enough and keep up with regular maintenance.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
If I was your neighbor i'd be gawking over at your TB daily lol

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
I say between the tune and other add ons, I should be over 300. Need a dyno to confirm, but my ass dyno agrees with that statement :yes:
sounds about right since im estimating im prob around 296ish with the exhaust mods since that typically adds around 5-10 hp depending what was done.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
Everybody does, even my neighbor that is always trying to fight with me saw my trailblazer and he just stood stood there like damnit. I came home today and he got 22's on his challenger hahahahahaha

true story :thumbsup:
V6?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
sounds about right since im estimating im prob around 296ish with the exhaust mods since that typically adds around 5-10 hp depending what was done.
For some reason I feel my TB is really lacking power :frown:

BlazingTrails said:
Everybody does, even my neighbor that is always trying to fight with me saw my trailblazer and he just stood stood there like damnit. I came home today and he got 22's on his challenger hahahahahaha

true story :thumbsup:
:rotfl:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
For some reason I feel my TB is really lacking power :frown:

:rotfl:
You have a tune? That's what you really need. Huge difference.

BlazingTrails said:
I think so man, it had 16" aluminum wheels on it and no sport package. i haven't really heard it running. i want to run his ass tho.
Do it. Call him out for pink slips.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
You have a tune? That's what you really need. Huge difference.

Do it. Call him out for pink slips.
No tune yet bud. My TB really takes off quick once it's past 3300RPM. I'm always afraid to gun it from a stop or real slow speed, afraid of something breaking somehow, idk.
dmanns67 said:
Haha better hope you.don't.lose
He's the Gingy, nobody can catch him bro! :biggrin: :cool: :thumbsup: :tongue:

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
No tune yet bud. My TB really takes off quick once it's past 3300RPM. I'm always afraid to gun it from a stop or real slow speed, afraid of something breaking somehow, idk.
He's the Gingy, nobody can catch him bro! :biggrin: :cool: :thumbsup: :tongue:
I noticed with a tune and torque management at 10%, it really comes alive around 2k rpm. Plus increasing the rev limiter and firmer shifts help.

Tunes run $159. You catch them during a sale, it typically runs $139 which is what I got mine for.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
I noticed with a tune and torque management at 10%, it really comes alive around 2k rpm. Plus increasing the rev limiter and firmer shifts help.
I planned on having it set at 2 like all us of usually do. What else do you recommend I put down on the order sheet? Been meaning to ask you all btw

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
it's about break time. almost 200 posts in 2.5 hours.....
Our whoring will be lacking this weekend bud, we'll be too busy bsing in the streets lol. Keep whoring noooow! lol

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
I planned on having it set at 2 like all us of usually do. What else do you recommend I put down on the order sheet? Been meaning to ask you all btw
Remove speed limiter, increase rev limiter, shift firmness level 2, do you tow (no, then they will remove 90% torque management), idle rpm is tuners choice.

Most other questions will be left "stock" unless you have changed components. The order sheet will ask about exhaust and intake. Kelly at PCMofNC told me that the exhaust does not affect the tune.

They will also want to know tire and wheel size, how many feet above sea level you are. Cant remember the rest.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
oh i'll be back just want to eat something and go outside and vape :smile:
Giddyup! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Remove spees limiter, increase rev limiter, shift firmness level 2, so you tow (no, then they will remove 90% torque management), idle rpm is tuners choice.

Most other questions will be left "stock" unless you have changed components. The order sheet will ask about exhaust and intake. Kelly at PCMofNC told me that the exhaust does not affect the tune.

They will also want to know tire and wheel size, how many feet above sea level you are. Cant remember the rest.
Not sure what I want my Idle RPM's at yet, but more than what it usually sits at around 629-635

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
600-630 is ok. Mine will jump in between when watching the torque app.
I'm glad I installed my Tach gauge a while back, it's easy to spot when the TB is acting strangely

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
I'm glad I installed my Tach gauge a while back, it's easy to spot when the TB is acting strangely
You can change idle rpm to whatever you want, but on the order sheet it is auto filled with "tuners choice". I figured they knew the I6 better than I did, so I left it.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
You can change idle rpm to whatever you want, but on the order sheet it is auto filled with "tuners choice". I figured they knew the I6 better than I did, so I left it.
:yes:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Me, you, BT, and MC are always in the top 3-4 lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member