Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Living that Whore life yo....Ok...i had totally forgotten about this deal i started working on with my boss at Paladin...But it was brought up in a conversation with him tonight...Trying to sort out exactly what to do with this thing...Said thing is a 2005 Kia Sportage (LX i believe...which ever one is the fully loaded one) with the V6 and AWD for 1K...it does need a head gasket but really with the resources i have on tap..not too major of issue really....sad part is that buying and redoing the headgasket for the Kia is actually looking cheaper then just buying the parts needed for the Trailblazer..which really sucks..but that is life i suppose...plus the gf and i got talking to her sister and we might be buying the sisters '01 Pontiac Grand Prix GT for $500...the Grand Prix makes more sense for the gf since she has driven the car a lot and is familiar with it..plus its lower to the ground making it easier for her to get in and out of on a daily basis...(she has problems getting into the TB at stock height...let alone what its gonna be like 3 inches taller from suspension lift and what ever height is gained from moving up to a 30-31" tire...) But really with the GP a possibility plus the fact we have the Blazer and Trailblazer...not really sure where the Kia really fits into a mostly GM collection lol (the exception to all GM being my MK2 VW Jetta project...)

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
Living that Whore life yo....Ok...i had totally forgotten about this deal i started working on with my boss at Paladin...But it was brought up in a conversation with him tonight...Trying to sort out exactly what to do with this thing...Said thing is a 2005 Kia Sportage (LX i believe...which ever one is the fully loaded one) with the V6 and AWD for 1K...it does need a head gasket but really with the resources i have on tap..not too major of issue really....sad part is that buying and redoing the headgasket for the Kia is actually looking cheaper then just buying the parts needed for the Trailblazer..which really sucks..but that is life i suppose...plus the gf and i got talking to her sister and we might be buying the sisters '01 Pontiac Grand Prix GT for $500...the Grand Prix makes more sense for the gf since she has driven the car a lot and is familiar with it..plus its lower to the ground making it easier for her to get in and out of on a daily basis...(she has problems getting into the TB at stock height...let alone what its gonna be like 3 inches taller from suspension lift and what ever height is gained from moving up to a 30-31" tire...) But really with the GP a possibility plus the fact we have the Blazer and Trailblazer...not really sure where the Kia really fits into a mostly GM collection lol (the exception to all GM being my MK2 VW Jetta project...)
Fuck the Kia, GM all the way brother!

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Trust me Kia is the cheapest ford brand its not worth a head gasket it will cost more in the long run

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
Fuck the Kia, GM all the way brother!
The Dub is staying either way it lands...this is my second MK2...1st one was a wolfsberg edition that had the early mechanical injection and an automatic transmission...and the oh so comfortable Recaro seats....kinda miss that part about that car....this one is a bit newer with the Digifiant EFI in it and a 5 speed...well 4 speed with a dead 5th gear...not sure whats up with that just yet...but the shell alone is worth making an effort towards rebuild and restoration...I could easily build myself a nice lil corner carver out of that car...and that is kinda the plan once i get the Blazer and Trailblazer fully sorted out...would have been further along if it wasnt for that damn curb hit....and other lil issues that have cropped up on the Blazer from rushing it into service before it was fully ready...but oh well...

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
The Dub is staying either way it lands...this is my second MK2...1st one was a wolfsberg edition that had the early mechanical injection and an automatic transmission...and the oh so comfortable Recaro seats....kinda miss that part about that car....this one is a bit newer with the Digifiant EFI in it and a 5 speed...well 4 speed with a dead 5th gear...not sure whats up with that just yet...but the shell alone is worth making an effort towards rebuild and restoration...I could easily build myself a nice lil corner carver out of that car...and that is kinda the plan once i get the Blazer and Trailblazer fully sorted out...would have been further along if it wasnt for that damn curb hit....and other lil issues that have cropped up on the Blazer from rushing it into service before it was fully ready...but oh well...
Got any pics of the MK2?

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Aarkon said:
Trust me Kia is the cheapest ford brand its not worth a head gasket it will cost more in the long run
You arent the first to say that actually...thats what has me thinking of what its fate may be..

djthumper said:
Ya bunch of whore boobs!
Hello to you too maddafawker...

Capote said:
Got any pics of the MK2?
I have a couple..give me a moment to find the best one i have with the TB...

Edit: found the pic i was looking for...

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
You arent the first to say that actually...thats what has me thinking of what its fate may be..

That car looks like it has potential man. Sleeper? :Zzzz:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
That car looks like it has potential man. Sleeper? :Zzzz:
I have def kicked around the thought of either TDI or VR6 swap...even thought about a G60 from a Corrado...honestly depends on what i can find for a reasonable price...found a perfect VR6 Donor awhile ago..it was a MK2 that had the swap done and was going for stupid cheap for what it was...it had a lot of my wishlist parts actually....the VR6...the round headlight grille and proper rad support for that, coilovers...the list of goodies i could have scavanged from that car and transplanted into mine was endless...biggest reason for using my shell vs using the donor cars...the fact that my shell has a valid VIN that was last registered in my province...

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hopefully the blazer and TB get dealt with soon enough so you can get back to fiddling around with it :thumbsup:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
Hopefully the blazer and TB get dealt with soon enough so you can get back to fiddling around with it :thumbsup:
That is my hope...biggest things im concerned about on the Blazer at this stage are front door handles..rear shocks seem to be holding up so they can wait a bit...Might end up ordering a drivers door window regulator for the VW in the near future so i can make sure the windows are sealed up this winter lol...

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
That is my hope...biggest things im concerned about on the Blazer at this stage are front door handles..rear shocks seem to be holding up so they can wait a bit...Might end up ordering a drivers door window regulator for the VW in the near future so i can make sure the windows are sealed up this winter lol...
lol yes we don't want snow to build up in there :rotfl:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Kia is pretty good. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyundai. Check out their reliability records, etc. through most of the major car websites. I'll bet you that model has 3 1/2 to 5 stars and just about everything. The transmissions were good on those, the engines were pretty good on those, their interior was just coming up in quality around those years.

Grab the Kia. If you don't use it, you can probably turn a few bucks on the sale of it.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
lol yes we don't want snow to build up in there :rotfl:
Yea no kidding...lol

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Darkrider_LS said:

Is that the promised land where that the money trees grow? :raspberry: interesting car though, I can dig it for a toy or a DD if it needed to be. :yes:

Reactions: Porkins and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Where have the whores gone?! I'm not tired, and my back and left hip hurts, bored god dammit! :rotfl:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
If it can be a cheeseburger then yah

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Morning whore

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Bored, been on here the whole time and browsing RockAuto, Ebay, & CarID for stuff

Reactions: mcsteven

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
And a murika' mornin' to you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrY2JJqkiI

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Fire06 said:
Browsing in those ares can get expensive
Yess ,yess indeed. Just getting some ideas and what-not

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Well you have fun with it and if I see something I know you need i will postit for you .. You know the stuff I would like but can not afford

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Whores

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Capote said:
Bored, been on here the whole time and browsing RockAuto, Ebay, & CarID for stuff
Anything specific you were browsing for? Just ideas? Start talking Mugsy.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
This damn phone (voice recognition) doesn't know the difference between whores and horse but it knows how to spell the nickname Mugsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just_Michael

Members Online