Jan 25, 2013
Whores

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
:tequila:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Capote said:
That sounds cool :biggrin: wish I had some Batman logo's to do the same with, but I do not at the moment
Create a cutout template. Maybe just print something the right size and then cut it out from a stiff piece of folder or something else appropriate. Then paint over your newly painted calipers with your Batman logo. I know you were going to do it today since you are already had this in the works. But easy to accomplish another time that you have time to take off the wheels.

Porkins said:
White lettering would look killer on the red backdrop.
I'm thinking the same thing. It's black with the stock 17 inch aluminum or brushed aluminum wheels.

Darkrider_LS said:
Not sure, I know that the ion cameras we were talking about can but I'm not sure about my galaxy
Google is your friend.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
mcsteven said:
Create a cutout template. Maybe just print something the right size and then cut it out from a stiff piece of folder or something else appropriate. Then paint over your newly painted calipers with your Batman logo. I know you were going to do it today since you are already had this in the works. But easy to accomplish another time that you have time to take off the wheels.
I'll probably do that in the future. Just trying to get this whole project done before it gets too dark. Just started priming everything just now -.- ..... it's fucking humid and i'm getting annoyed. I don't think I can get to the rear calipers until tomorrow after work. Oh well

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Whoring

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:crazy:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
It's now dark and I still have to paint the right caliper and put that wheel back on.................................
Drivers side is all good and done. I'm pissed that I woke up so damn late today! Now I have to prime and paint left caliper and put everything on the passenger side back together in the dark..... :hissyfit:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
smt 59 said:
No work lights available?
The light outside my apartment is too dim and no, no work lights unfortunately. I do have a bright ass headlamp though. If I didn't have it i'd be S.O.L. lol. Almost done now; tomorrow i'll do the rears.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Damn what time you get out of bed? Whoring is catching up with you :raspberry:
Well last night, or should I say "this morning" I went to bed @ like 4am. I woke up at 1210 and then fell back asleep, then finally got back up and out of bed at 1430-ish lol.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Hell Capote, I went to sleep around 6am and was up at 1000. Not by choice though, the power went out again, third time in two weeks, twice being because of a line malfunction in front of the same house... First time, the line fell from the pole somehow then today, it broke somehow. Never heard of either happening on it's own. It's kinda suspicious.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
Well last night, or should I say "this morning" I went to bed @ like 4am. I woke up at 1210 and then fell back asleep, then finally got back up and out of bed at 1430-ish lol.
Yeah that did not give you much daylight to work with. So your front calipers are painted and still need to do the rears?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Mounce said:
Hell Capote, I went to sleep around 6am and was up at 1000. Not by choice though, the power went out again, third time in two weeks, twice being because of a line malfunction in front of the same house... First time, the line fell from the pole somehow then today, it broke somehow. Never heard of either happening on it's own. It's kinda suspicious.
Hmmm sounds like something is up in your neighborhood :undecided: Detective Mounce?

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Yeah that did not give you much daylight to work with. So your front calipers are painted and still need to do the rears?
One more layer of high temp primer than i'll start putting on some layers of the Anodized Blue. The drivers side is all done, the blue even has a neon shine to it when I aim my headlamp on it, looks sweet. Yeah, i'll have to do the rears after work. I'm hoping the VHT High Temp primer prevents any bubbles, it's rated between 1000-1200 degrees. More than half of what the usual calipers primers are rated for :thumbsup:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
The G2 brush on caliper paint is self leveling and no bubbles. It cost more than duplicolor at $40 and takes longer to brush on than spray on, but the finish is awesome. Plus you have more control where the paint goes and do not have to worry about masking anything off.

Looking forward to :pictures:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
The G2 brush on caliper paint is self leveling and no bubbles. It cost more than duplicolor at $40 and takes longer to brush on than spray on, but the finish is awesome. Plus you have more control where the paint goes and do not have to worry about masking anything off.

Looking forward to :pictures:
Only thing I had to mask off was the caliper pistons. I took the whole caliper off and caliper bracket as well. Taking everything apart gave me an opportunity to really clean everything really well. The day after tomorrow (lol that movie sucks) i'll repaint my wheel wells too, they're faded too much for my liking.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
:tiphat:

What's happening? Picked up a Valet gig myself for some supplemental cash.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
It's my second job and working 4-5 nights. Haven't had a bad day yet so it's alright. Some nice cars. Even a denali left in auto4. I switched it to 2 and then my work integrity made me put it back.

There's one spot that has a full on 1/2mile urban obstacle course. Keeps you in shape and 2 nights of rain at a wedding reception helps.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:
It's my second job and working 4-5 nights. Haven't had a bad day yet so it's alright. Some nice cars. Even a denali left in auto4. I switched it to 2 and then my work integrity made me put it back.

There's one spot that has a full on 1/2mile urban obstacle course. Keeps you in shape and 2 nights of rain at a wedding reception helps.
Good. Should have told the owner you were doing him/her a favor.

What happened to the bakery deal?

Reactions: CaptainKD

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
dmanns67 said:
Good. Should have told the owner you were doing him/her a favor.

What happened to the bakery deal?
I wanted too but again, I wasn't going to lecture them. I wanted to. Gmtnation that sh!t.

It was a pizza joint and still haven't seen my check from that fawker. I started the next day on a Fri and by Sunday hadn't filled out a tax form and he dogged meeting me. I called a few days later and when he was all up in arms and I quit over the phone as it was a second job that was unstable. He called and said check wss in mail. It's been over a week and mail is next day in town around here.

Day shift any better than the nights?

And who's got the hunt?

Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
What a piece of shit. It takes time to find the right job. I looked for about three months.

2nd shift is a lot better than 3rd shift. Feels like I have a normal life again. I do not get much of a Friday night, but I also do not have to be at work until 2pm on Monday.

Reactions: CaptainKD

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:whore:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Capote

Supporting Donor