Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Fire06 said:
Maybe some colour around the black gmc to highlight it. Not sure what colour but maybe a red???

I prob wouldnt do red since I have a black and pewter theme going, but I see what your saying! I am thinking of painting the inside of it but then covering it with something clear so that nothing can get in there and ruin the paint (like snow dirt etc) Just not sure what I can use yet.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Would the touch up paint stick to it well? Because the rims are painted so I would have to do some very careful sanding and painting lol

I would not sand. Just try to the touch up paint. If it does not stick, then you only lost a bit of time since you can easily remove it all cause it does not stick, but I have seen plenty of epople paint a bit here and there for accents without issue.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
I prob wouldnt do red since I have a black and pewter theme going, but I see what your saying! I am thinking of painting the inside of it but then covering it with something clear so that nothing can get in there and ruin the paint (like snow dirt etc) Just not sure what I can use yet.

Not sur what colour like I said but something just to accent it

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I would not sand. Just try to the touch up paint. If it does not stick, then you only lost a bit of time since you can easily remove it all cause it does not stick, but I have seen plenty of epople paint a bit here and there for accents without issue.

Very true!! I am going to give that a shot and see how it works out! Just need it to be warmer is all and then I start! Thanks for the help man!

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Afternoon all you loose finger keyboard tapping sluts. :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Good Afternoon

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
:woohoo: Work Day Is Almost Over!!!!:woohoo:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
07ChevyTruck said:
:woohoo: Work Day Is Almost Over!!!!:woohoo:
Good afternoon whores. Once again this work thing is getting in the way of the forums.

Why not mask up the GMC and use plastic dip? If you don't like it you can just peel it back off.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Good evening my whores. (with a Dracula accent)
dracula.gif

Re: Painting the wheels.

My two cents: The vinyl may not stick well (or long) because of the movement (spinning) & heat of the wheels. If you're gonna test paint, use a water-based acrylic paint. It'll come off quickly and easily if you don't like the end results. If you want a more permanent solution, tape the area around the lettering and the rest of the wheel off so you don't damage it. Wet sand with 2500 then 3000 grit paper to remove the clear & coloring. Prime and paint the lettering with HI-TEMP primer & paint and a small brush (or air-brush if you're of the talented type). Let dry & cure. Put a second layer on if you like. Unmask the center cap and re-apply a few coats of HI-TEMP clear over the worked area and the center cap, making sure you "wrap" around the edges with it to help mitigate peeling. If you want a more even finish, clean the wheel thoroughly and wet sand the rest of the wheel and re-apply the HI-TEMP clear to the whole wheel.

Keep in mind, these are the musings of a back-yard, amature body-man. The theory hasn't been tested personally. These are the steps I would take if I wished to try the project.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
djthumper said:
Good afternoon whores. Once again this work thing is getting in the way of the forums.

Why not mask up the GMC and use plastic dip? If you don't like it you can just peel it back off.

I would do that, but the problem is that those GMC on the caps are pretty small so it would be take such a long time to tape off and stuff.

harmless said:
Good evening my whores. (with a Dracula accent)
dracula.gif

Re: Painting the wheels.

My two cents: The vinyl may not stick well (or long) because of the movement (spinning) & heat of the wheels. If you're gonna test paint, use a water-based acrylic paint. It'll come off quickly and easily if you don't like the end results. If you want a more permanent solution, tape the area around the lettering and the rest of the wheel off so you don't damage it. Wet sand with 2500 then 3000 grit paper to remove the clear & coloring. Prime and paint the lettering with HI-TEMP primer & paint and a small brush (or air-brush if you're of the talented type). Let dry & cure. Put a second layer on if you like. Unmask the center cap and re-apply a few coats of HI-TEMP clear over the worked area and the center cap, making sure you "wrap" around the edges with it to help mitigate peeling. If you want a more even finish, clean the wheel thoroughly and wet sand the rest of the wheel and re-apply the HI-TEMP clear to the whole wheel.

Keep in mind, these are the musings of a back-yard, amature body-man. The theory hasn't been tested personally. These are the steps I would take if I wished to try the project.

I am thinking to sand those parts a bit or what I can (since its small and I have bigger fingers lol) and use the touch up paint to paint them like Kyle said. I mean the GMC emblem on the grille I did not sand down, just spray a couple of coats and then a couple of clear and has been holding great!! But there two different surfaces so one can hold better then the other! I have an idea in mind but not sure how well this could work and how messy it could get lol I was thinking of getting that glue the plumbers use the white one that needs a gun to get it out, take some out and put black paint on it and mix it so the white is black and then fill that GMC with black glue. But not sure if that kind of glue would hold?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Never had wheels get hot enough I would think hi-temp paint is warranted

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Evening all...

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
Hey Ho's. ...hey they are just rims.. many decades of Concours type work here.(& used car lot exp. Shhhh.)
so I would keep it simple..
Brake clean the rims real good spray bomb a puddle somewhere & use a Qtip it will look like you spent all day masking...lol..& if you don't like the result some quick work with carb cleaner to clean things up.
Just my 2 for you & I semi glossed black the inner edges of my LTZ wheels gave them more depth ...stilll like it...
Should have been factory IMO.:wink:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Morning whores

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Morning whores.

SHIT
So Happy Its Thursday, for those that don't remember

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Let your weekend begin:thumbsup:

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Good morning everyone Late start to the whoring for the day had to go to physio for the knee and was a little rushed before I went. I am back and posting now.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Well, it *was* quiet until HE ^ showed up. :raspberry:

ON a side note, where's that FU thread... I need to vent. :lipsrsealed:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Afternoon whores. What is on everyone's agenda today? I need to get outside and swap out some lower control arms, but am stuck on the couch. I smashed the shit out of my knee last night at work and can barely walk right now. :hissyfit:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I need to get some lower control arms, but spent to much on the rig lately.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
What works for Knee pain is a nice rye and coke or ginger. This is from my personal experience with a sore knee :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Beer, shot, beer, shot, shot, beer, beer, shot, shot, shot, beer, then a big ole mixed drink and all will be better.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Reg hope the knee is just banged up. I ripped up the cartilage in mine and have been waiting for surgery which is happening soon. Crazy thing fell off a 2 step ladder, fastening a cradle to the roof of the truck to carry my sons racing shell. When I hit the ground twisted my knee causing all the damage. Stayed on my feet though, just cost me the knee.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
slimfast and champagne is good for the knee lol

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Fire06 said:
Reg hope the knee is just banged up. I ripped up the cartilage in mine and have been waiting for surgery which is happening soon. Crazy thing fell off a 2 step ladder, fastening a cradle to the roof of the truck to carry my sons racing shell. When I hit the ground twisted my knee causing all the damage. Stayed on my feet though, just cost me the knee.

Oh I know all about knee damage. I have had work one the left knee twice, right knee once, and have already been told that both need to be replaced, however the VA says I am to young and the won't touch them yet. This is the reason, at least one of them, that I am usually up until 4am most nights. Partial tears in ACL, PCL, and Miniscus; scar tissue build up and arthritis makes for a bit of pain.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Regulator said:
Oh I know all about knee damage. I have had work one the left knee twice, right knee once, and have already been told that both need to be replaced, however the VA says I am to young and the won't touch them yet. This is the reason, at least one of them, that I am usually up until 4am most nights. Partial tears in ACL, PCL, and Miniscus; scar tissue build up and arthritis makes for a bit of pain.

There is a new method I think pioneered out of California where the Knee is all measured up, I think by MRI and then one is made to you exact measurements. It is then manufactured out of titanium I think and then installed. The usual way I read about is to pick a size that is close to you and then install. Is new method makes one just like yours. I am not that bad yet but in the future who knows. This is my first time for knee surgery

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Fire06 said:
That hurts Hatchet :frown::lipsrsealed::mad: Did you forget that I am sensitive:yes::yes:

:confused::confused:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Fire06 said:
There is a new method I think pioneered out of California where the Knee is all measured up, I think by MRI and then one is made to you exact measurements. It is then manufactured out of titanium I think and then installed. The usual way I read about is to pick a size that is close to you and then install. Is new method makes one just like yours. I am not that bad yet but in the future who knows. This is my first time for knee surgery

I live in Warsaw, IN which is the orthopedic capital of the world. The big three major manufacturers (Zimmer, Biomet, Depuy) of artificial joints are all located here. The issue is more the fact that the current life span for artificial joints is 20-30 years. I am 35, and still to young according to the docs.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
I hate crazy days at the office. :blinkhuh:

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Regulator said:
I live in Warsaw, IN which is the orthopedic capital of the world. The big three major manufacturers (Zimmer, Biomet, Depuy) of artificial joints are all located here. The issue is more the fact that the current life span for artificial joints is 20-30 years. I am 35, and still to young according to the docs.

My gosh you are just a young pup and already fallen apart. I am 48 and still hanging on Good luck

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Evening whores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CmdrRaster

Members Online