Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Put Christmas lights on it

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Power inverter, small brown extension to connect to lights so you don't have a trail of lights having to be inside your rig hooking up to the inverter

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If you want me to keep calm giving me an iPhone is not the way to do that. iOS infuriates me :tongue:

Reactions: Blckshdw

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Midnyteryder196 said:
Better be led!! [emoji13]
Hellz yeah! Got some badass bright G.E. LED Christmas lights in my window, so vibrant! I can't stop staring at them!

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Sparky said:
If you want me to keep calm giving me an iPhone is not the way to do that. iOS infuriates me :tongue:
iOS FTW!!

Unlocked IPhone, iOS 7.1, jailbroken.
I am INVINCIBLE!

Reactions: CaptainKD

TBLS

Dec 29, 2013
Can anyone tell me why the TB's motor would be making a loud ticking noise? I know this is not the tech discussion thread but idk where to look and I am concerned. Would it be the timing? Because if it is she is going bye-bye.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
TBLS said:
Can anyone tell me why the TB's motor would be making a loud ticking noise? I know this is not the tech discussion thread but idk where to look and I am concerned. Would it be the timing? Because if it is she is going bye-bye.
Oil level? Stuck lifter or valve? Not sure about timing.

TBLS

Dec 29, 2013
mcsteven said:
Oil level? Stuck lifter or valve? Not sure about timing.
Oil level is fine just got an oil change done 3 days ago. When I looked up timing components/chain/belt it listed a timing chain and belt. I'm no mechanic so that probably sounds dumb that I had no idea it had both. What can be done about a stuck lifter or valve?

If it consists of tearing apart the motor or any part of the motor period I can't afford to have that done.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
We have a timing chain. How long has this been going on? Who changed the oil? I am going to bet that you are low on oil if it just recently started after the oil change. Most places will only put 5 quarts of oil in.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yeah our engines crave oil, I personally put 7 in

Reactions: djthumper

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
The i6 motors call for 7 qts. That's a no brainer to put 7 qts in. I personally put 7.5 qts in due to issues with the shitty oil pick up tube design on the ss model. Lots of trucks with spun rod bearings due to oil starvation issues. When WOT...the oil sloshes to the back of the pan...which is bad because the oil pick up tube is in the front and not in the deepest part of the pan. So when filling with 7.5 qts its a bandaid fix hoping that when the oil sloshes back there still is enough oil to keep oil pressure on the upside.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
To be fair, only the SS guys (maybe the 5.3 too?) suffer from the oil pick up tube issue. The I6 doesn't have that problem that I'm aware of.

Ticking could also come from the fan clutch if it is acting up from what I understand.

Video?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Sparky said:
To be fair, only the SS guys (maybe the 5.3 too?) suffer from the oil pick up tube issue. The I6 doesn't have that problem that I'm aware
Video?
yes sparky....I agree. They share almost the same block and such so im sure they use the same shitty oil pick up design and pan.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not a Tech thread...

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Giddyup

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011