BlazingTrails said:
True story bro. I'd give her an 8
A score of 8 or inches? Or both for that matter :rotfl:

Reactions: mcsteven

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'm partial to black ladies....that's prob why....lol. Chocolaaaaate swiiiiirl. Lol

On a serious note, FINALLY washing my TB. Have had no time.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Whoring

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:
Radio is only as good as the speakers its wired to.
Indeed. Got a radio, sub, and amp coming (albeit sub and amp were a cheap Walmart special, boss audio brand). Gonna have stock door speakers for a little while until I get some more disposable money.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I don't think I'm gonna replace my Bose system unless it were to fail but the next time (probably another car) I have to do a new stereo I'm probably going to use a tablet, amp, and maybe some sort of interchangeable memory. So much can be done now a days with very different items. If the tablet is only Wi-Fi you can connect, update, download, etc. at home, Starbucks, McDonald's, etc. You can play music, movies, and can display Torque app. It can be used to control other parts of the car, play games, etc. there are some I have seen that can send information (such as a movie) to external monitors. Whether using software or something like Chromecast it's likely to be an easy set up. If it has telephone capability, it could easily be used to do what I was doing before my hand injury – setting up a remote for the car through the phone. Dial into it and remote start it, unlock the doors, open the windows or sunroof, honk the horn, etc. It could also be used with GPS as a locator should it get stolen and push number five on your phone and it will disable the ignition.

I think the possibilities are close to endless with a little imagination and wiring ability.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I need to replace my speakers, but am not interested in an amp & subs. I'd rather just have some nice speakers that are better than the original factory ones

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
dmanns67 said:
Radio is only as good as the speakers its wired to.
Nah. If it's a crappy signal coming out of the radio, it's going to sound crappy whether you've got good speakers or bad. I know what you meant, and maybe the analogy is it's only as good as the weakest link. But, with so many advancements, the speakers are usually the weakest link.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Weakest link of my system will be the factory amp for the door speakers :no: Dreading the day when I decide to run wires to the speakers and use the new HU instead of the factory amp, I know that day will come lol.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
[emoji451] [emoji318] [emoji451]

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Factory units do not have much power, the sound is not really adjustable, and stock speakers are garbage. They can sound decent, but never great. And cheap replacements are no better.

door speakers go with pioneer, kenwood, or clarion

head units go with pioneer or clarion.

IMHO

Reactions: Mounce

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Always liked Pioneer stuff.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Kenwood head unit coming, already got some pioneer speakers picked out for door speakers.

I thought clarion was a cheaper brand, BT, never paid any attention to them. You're the first person I've ever seen mention that brand.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Mounce said:
Kenwood head unit coming, already got some pioneer speakers picked out for door speakers.

I thought clarion was a cheaper brand, BT, never paid any attention to them. You're the first person I've ever seen mention that brand.
Clarion is fantastic, I have had them several times. And they are a big brand like pioneer.

dmanns67 said:
Pioneer and Alpine FTW
I totally forgot to mention Alpine, badass :yes:

Reactions: dmanns67

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Blaupunkt and now that they produce affordable mobile audio, Nakamichi.

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
BlazingTrails said:
Factory units do not have much power, the sound is not really adjustable, and stock speakers are garbage. They can sound decent, but never great. And cheap replacements are no better.

door speakers go with pioneer, kenwood, or clarion

head units go with pioneer or clarion.

IMHO
Ive always loved Pioneer but my door speakers are all kicker components and a 12 sub in the back plus the dash speakers and it sounds great with my pioneer double din

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Alpine, Clarion and Kicker are my go to brands when im building a system in a vehicle...though im going to be trying out some cheap Scosche HD 3 way speakers from walmart in the front doors of the Blazer and relocating the older Audio Pipe woofers to the rear doors for back fill. Currently have an older Clarion Pro Audio deck in there for a headunit atm but i will be swapping it out soon for an older Alpine headunit. Most likely the Clarion may end up becoming part of a dual headunit stereo in the Van.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Forgot to mention i put Kicker DS series speakers in the dash of the 1 ton before i traded it off...had ordered two pairs of them with the intent of using the other pair in the rear pillars but ended up saving them to use in the dash of the Diesel. Eventually i will pair them up with some DS series 6x9s for rear fill when i remove the back seats in favor of building a flat cargo floor. Dont really have much of a need for subs in either truck. Cant really hear them all that well over a turbo diesel nor really have much use for them off road lol

But on the off chance i change my mind on that with either one i do have a Kicker 600W amp to play with lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpinDrifter538

Members Online