HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
EaaPhdm.jpg

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Darkrider_LS said:
Well....im def severing ties with GMT400 in the near future....like say within the next week.....jackass is screwing around and will not give full refund even though he did claim in the public thread that he would... :no:
Just do it! Don't wait, leave with a bang.

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
mcsteven said:
Ok, I know the concept has been done before, but I want a tiny camper and was thinking something like this:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414550343.633634.jpg

I figure I'd want an XL, but none of the interior components and nothing north of the rear doors. I know body panels can still be costly, but if I found one being parted out early enough.... Just an idea and rough Photoshop sketch, otherwise I'd make a thread for it.
That would be very heavy for a small camper.

Reactions: Mounce

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Sparky said:
Brakemotive dude, seriously. Nice ceramic pads and they don't cost an arm and a leg or anywhere close.
I think Chris mentioned that Brakemotive didn't carry stuff for his S-10.

BlazingTrails said:
That would be very heavy for a small camper.
How heavy do you think? I figure it would be getting rid of about half the frame (as well as what was sitting on the front half of the frame), all interior components, the gas tank, the exhaust, even most of the interior panels. It would then add a thin plywood floor and low sides. If the headliner and overhead lights were still in place I keep them as well as the taillamps. I would probably keep the suspension though I would get rid of the brakes.

EDIT: Howdy whores!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Using a truck axle over a trailer axle is good bit of weight. The frame is far heavier than most campers as well. You will be pushing prolly `1000 lbs extra by going that route. Not that coolness factor cant justify the weight penalty

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
If $$ and skills allow, I could probably swap a trailer under it so I'd kill those two with one stone, then maybe swap hubs so I could use the same wheels. Just ideas, no plans or $$ to build right now. Besides coolness I like the locking ability and that the outside is basically pre fab. Ditch the boards and add sockets and bulbs for all the lights. Heck, I'd probably add a section of tailpipe even. But, a wooden one is likely to be lighter, cheaper to build, easier to customize, and less to repair if damaged.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
expedition portal has some cool cheap trailer builds....from truck beds to pop-ups to using a $200 Harbor Freight base.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
As If

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
totally

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Sparky said:
Brakemotive dude, seriously. Nice ceramic pads and they don't cost an arm and a leg or anywhere close.
Brakemotive did not seem to have parts for my S10 Blazer last time I searched.
Mounce said:
Start another thread about that bitch, show everyone that he is an ass. Even if mods go wild about you starting another thread, you're leaving anyways, go out with a bang.
I'm going to see if he follows through on what he is willing to do then most likely have the original thread updated.
dmanns67 said:
Do it right meow, why wait.
Waiting to see if he follows through on what he will do
djthumper said:
Just do it! Don't wait, leave with a bang.
See above
mcsteven said:
I think Chris mentioned that Brakemotive didn't carry stuff for his S-10.

How heavy do you think? I figure it would be getting rid of about half the frame (as well as what was sitting on the front half of the frame), all interior components, the gas tank, the exhaust, even most of the interior panels. It would then add a thin plywood floor and low sides. If the headliner and overhead lights were still in place I keep them as well as the taillamps. I would probably keep the suspension though I would get rid of the brakes.

EDIT: Howdy whores!
Correct, could not find anything on their ebay page last time I did brakes.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I said don't jump...n he jumped

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Boomshakkalokka

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Darkrider_LS said:
Brakemotive did not seem to have parts for my S10 Blazer last time I searched.

Correct, could not find anything on their ebay page last time I did brakes.
I'll call them for you. Maybe they carry but don't list on eBay. I have a name of someone I talk to a bit when I bought mine. I wanted to be sure as it was listed for the 5.3 but not the XL. Same brakes I thought and he confirmed just a database glitch. What is the year, drivetrain, etc on your S-10?

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
mcsteven said:
I'll call them for you. Maybe they carry but don't list on eBay. I have a name of someone I talk to a bit when I bought mine. I wanted to be sure as it was listed for the 5.3 but not the XL. Same brakes I thought and he confirmed just a database glitch. What is the year, drivetrain, etc on your S-10?
Thanks Marc

1995 Chevy S10 Blazer
4wd
Disc brake front
Drum brake rear
4.3 v6 w/4l60e transmission

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Posting

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Good good

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Oh that's right, those older blazers had totally different hub/brake setups depending on the powertrain.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
HARDTRAILZ said:
Great discussion to help fill out other section of the site
True

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It ain't no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads