Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Going with ceramic pads could not hurt. How much will OE rotors run you for front and rear?
If I keep using the same make of rotors they are $28 each. Not sure what rear drums cost yet since I have yet to need to work on the rears.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
There is a kit on rockauto that has ceramic/carbon fiber hybrid pads with drilled/slotted rotors for about $133 on the site..probably about $150-170 locally since my local supplier brings in pretty much anything rockauto handles

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Darkrider_LS said:
If I keep using the same make of rotors they are $28 each. Not sure what rear drums cost yet since I have yet to need to work on the rears.
Thats not bad. Seems kind of cheap for rotors. What about some d/s rotors with ceramic pads for the front? Seen quite a few on EBay for $100.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Thats not bad. Seems kind of cheap for rotors. What about some d/s rotors with ceramic pads for the front? Seen quite a few on EBay for $100.
See the post above. I may order that kit with new calipers to install in the spring. I will try the oes with the same pads over winter. Gotta add that $28 price is with a slight discount I get.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
If OE is not working, I would invest in something else. No point in buying a product that you know will fail based on your driving habits. Maybe use some of that gmt400 money.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
If OE is not working, I would invest in something else. No point in buying a product that you know will fail based on your driving habits. Maybe use some of that gmt400 money.
If I ever get it...he went silent after I asked for full refund. And I think it was the pads at fault since the left rotor was fine.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
I guess start cheap. Get some ceramic pads with the new rotors and see if that makes any difference
Yea that's my thoughts as well

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
What can you get ceramic pads up there for?
Not sure yet

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Hopefully you can get a discount like on the rotors
Probably can get a few bucks off...they were willing to give me a discount on Raybestos Pro grade pads

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414568619.945933.jpg
Did someone say pizza and no money?

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Well....im def severing ties with GMT400 in the near future....like say within the next week.....jackass is screwing around and will not give full refund even though he did claim in the public thread that he would...:no:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Darkrider_LS said:
Ok....thinking of a different plan....kinda came to the realization that a lot of the brake wear problem is the fact I do 100-150 kms of hard stop/go driving each shift....various speeds and heating the brakes up at a similar rate to the abuse race vehicles see especially in autocross/road course racing. So of course cheap semi metallic pads and cheap Oe type rotors are not gonna hold up as they should. I seen evidence of this in the pads I pulled from the left side....the friction material had large cracks going through it. What I suspect happened on the right side is that the same thing happened and the pad failed rapidly. So I'm thinking that at minimum I need to upgrade to ceramic pads. So I may get a set and a spare pair of oe rotors and plan to install them by January. Still considering a back up beater though.
Brakemotive dude, seriously. Nice ceramic pads and they don't cost an arm and a leg or anywhere close.

jomulk56

Apr 21, 2014
Sparky said:
Brakemotive dude, seriously. Nice ceramic pads and they don't cost an arm and a leg or anywhere close.
Agreed I love them on the TBSS. I'll be getting them for the tahoe when it's time for brakes on it too.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
GOOOOOOOD MOOORRRRNIG!!!!!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
mourning

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Ran out of coffee too quickly.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
5th cup

Reactions: smt 59

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Darkrider_LS said:
Well....im def severing ties with GMT400 in the near future....like say within the next week.....jackass is screwing around and will not give full refund even though he did claim in the public thread that he would...:no:
Start another thread about that bitch, show everyone that he is an ass. Even if mods go wild about you starting another thread, you're leaving anyways, go out with a bang.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Bingo!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Holiday Parties!!!!!!!!!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Darkrider_LS said:
Do it right meow, why wait.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I agree. You gonna change your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholasKit

Members Online