OFFICIAL 2014 MIDWEST MEET THREAD June 6-8, 2014 Auburn, IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I might be a maybe for this. Things took a turn for the worse at my job and i might be losing my job, or at the very least take a very heavy reduction in pay. I've been filling out apps like crazy, and even with all my schooling, and all my experience, all I've gotten was an interview and one place telling me i am too qualified and that they wouldn't be able to pay me enough for what i know...

will keep you all posted...

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
That sucks!

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Well i'm now a free man so now no more lady friend visiting this weekend, so I'm back in! I'm up in Warren and don't have any coolers so not sure what I could bring thats not already being brought.....

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Juan that sucks man, hope it all works out!

FlyingFischer, here's the food list currently, we do need more people to sign up for stuff. Last time I bought perishable items locally the day of.

Grill:
Hamburgers:
Hot dogs:
Buns: Boricua SS
Ketchup/Mustard/Relish: Sparky
Cowboy Beans: Regulator (Matthew)
Chips: Sparky (potato chips)
Plates: Boricua SS
Napkins & Silverware: Boricua SS
Coke, Dr Pepper, Sprite, Mt Dew: Sparky

And I'm sure if there is something you don't see on here that you think we should have feel free to do that also. Just a rough guide is all it is :biggrin:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:
Juan that sucks man, hope it all works out!

FlyingFischer, here's the food list currently, we do need more people to sign up for stuff. Last time I bought perishable items locally the day of.

Grill:
Hamburgers:
Hot dogs:
Buns: Boricua SS
Plates: Boricua SS

And I'm sure if there is something you don't see on here that you think we should have feel free to do that also. Just a rough guide is all it is :biggrin:
If Juan can't come, I'll take care of his stuff...buns, plates, napkins and silverware.

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Well what ever is left I could go grab before the feast. Also Matt you still offering that extra bed?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
Well what ever is left I could go grab before the feast. Also Matt you still offering that extra bed?
Yes sir. If anyone want's to go halves, the room has two queen beds in it.

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Matt said:
Yes sir. If anyone want's to go halves, the room has two queen beds in it.
I will take it.

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
I will take it.
Done...roomie! I'll be there Friday arvo. Leaving NEO about noon, so I should be there around 3.30ish.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well damn.. i just realized i was hogging up all the items to be brought :rotfl:.. so why don't i split that up... how about i just bring the forks/knives/spoons/napkins, and Matt or someone else can bring buns, plates, etc...? Is that ok for everyone?

I had a meeting at work, and for at least the month of May, i can keep my salary. I know i should still be worried, etc..., but after what i've been put through, i need a break. So needless to say, i am coming to the meet because i need to get away from this shit and drink a few or 10 beers :crackup: The owner is selling his organization but he is not telling us when or to whom but we can all feel that it is close due not fixing equipment, not dealing with people issues, and just being beyond crazy lately and acting way out of the norms we are used to dealing with him. Then we just got a phone call from Oak brook, IL stating that we are getting relocated and rebuilt, but there is no other proof or plans stating that, so this is all up in the air right now and it is driving us all bonkers the more and more we speculate on it... so im just saying ta hell with it, i have my salary, i have some savings, and i am still applying everywhere that's accepting, plus there have already been other organizations just drooling to take me to their stores... So i am coming to the meet :yes:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Great news Juan! I'll get the plates and burger/hot dog buns.

Grill:
Hamburgers:
Hot dogs:
Buns: Matt
Plates: Matt

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
anybody coming to this thing have a tech 2 or similar? (thinking about getting my tune soon, need to do a case relearn)

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011

Grill:
Hamburgers:
Hot dogs:jrSS (can buy brats too)

Coke, Dr Pepper, Sprite, Mt Dew:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
DDonnie said:
anybody coming to this thing have a tech 2 or similar? (thinking about getting my tune soon, need to do a case relearn)
Are you doing a swap or getting yours tuned?

jomulk56

Apr 21, 2014
jrSS said:
Grill:
PORK burgers: jomulk56 (only because jrSS is making me)
Hot dogs:jrSS (can buy brats too)

Coke, Dr Pepper, Sprite, Mt Dew:

I'll bring pork burgers

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
By all means, bring it! :crackup: im Puerto Rican and we love our seasonings :rotfl:

Reactions: Matt and Aarkon

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
By all means, bring it! :crackup: im Puerto Rican and we love our seasonings :rotfl:
I should've been born Puerto Rican!

Reactions: Boricua SS

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Touché mate

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Rican RUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well I just got told that for my bday at work I get an extra half day off I can take whenever, so I'm going to take it June 6th so I can get there on time :wooot:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
the time sure is creeping up on us...

anyone else on GMTN interested in attending :biggrin:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
I'm really hoping on being there. But still don't for sure...

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Dang...it is close

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I know it won't be painted

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Does anybody have a 3.5" or 4" hole saw and a cordless drill I can use at the meet? I need to punch some holes in my radiator shroud.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
Does anybody have a 3.5" or 4" hole saw and a cordless drill I can use at the meet? I need to punch some holes in my radiator shroud.
I'll bring mine for you.

Does anyone want to give me a hand replacing my fan clutch while we're all there?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Sure, I've had to pull the fan before to get to my AC pulley.

If I'm down in Columbus anytime between now and then I'll see if I can borrow a friend's clutch removal tool set. Perfect fit and made it a snap.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Anyone got anything the want to buy/sell/swap? Should we start a thread. I was realizing how much extra stuff I have out in garage and should maybe quit hoarding.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Hmmm how about a whole truck :rotfl:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:
Sure, I've had to pull the fan before to get to my AC pulley.

If I'm down in Columbus anytime between now and then I'll see if I can borrow a friend's clutch removal tool set. Perfect fit and made it a snap.
Thanks mate...I'll bring the rest of the hand tools...anything in particular I need?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
A standard socket set, some flat screwdrivers, channel locks, drain pan, and coolant. We'll need to take out the headlights, grille, upper radiator support, disconnect the upper radiator hose (hence the need of the coolant to top back off), maybe the front bumper cover (not sure, I pulled mine but might not be necessary). I was able to pull my shroud and fan without cutting the shroud.

Not a quick 1 hour job lol. Probably will take a couple hours and I'm not sure where we'll be able to dispose of the coolant around there.

I have some extra dexcool already mixed up and misc tools like the channel locks if you don't have that stuff.

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Im sorry to say guys I cant make it this year my pay has magically dropped about $300

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well that sucks!

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
I might try to hitch a ride, but my truck isn't going to be ready. Ran out of money before I could buy all the fluids

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:
A standard socket set, some flat screwdrivers, channel locks, drain pan, and coolant. We'll need to take out the headlights, grille, upper radiator support, disconnect the upper radiator hose (hence the need of the coolant to top back off), maybe the front bumper cover (not sure, I pulled mine but might not be necessary). I was able to pull my shroud and fan without cutting the shroud.

Not a quick 1 hour job lol. Probably will take a couple hours and I'm not sure where we'll be able to dispose of the coolant around there.

I have some extra dexcool already mixed up and misc tools like the channel locks if you don't have that stuff.
what?

Way overdoing fan clutch. I could leave damn near everything hooked up n swap mine.

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
HARDTRAILZ said:
what?

Way overdoing fan clutch. I could leave damn near everything hooked up n swap mine.
I agree. I removed mine and installed efans without removing most of that.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Well It's official, I will not be there for this meet. Think this will have been only the 2nd meet i haven't been to...:sadcry: Yall have fun. Try not to have the cops come with out me.

FlyingFischer said:
Agreed as well. I have removed 4 fan clutches. All I had to remove was the upper radiator hose, shroud, fan, and clutch. And I can do it under an hour if I don't get hit in the head with a lead pipe... I'm looking at you Hotness....

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
what?

FlyingFischer said:
You guys can supervise then! :biggrin: :yes:

I have premixed dex that I will bring...I'll just throw a set of tools in the carry toolbox and we'll use what we use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online