OFFICIAL 2014 MIDWEST MEET THREAD June 6-8, 2014 Auburn, IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Boricua SS said:
Martiiiiiiin! :raspberry:

Looks like we have a good list going. Now if I can just finish my mods in time :rotfl:

Thx for starting to get things together Matt. Im guessing as soon as things get closer, then we'll start the list of who is bringing what?

I might be out. Confirmed engine is shot, not looking like the ins is going to pay or the dealer who I bout the truck from less than 5k miles ago...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
You've only put 5k miles on it since last year? :eek:

You're still welcome to come even without the GMT.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I know all too well the battle you're about to face if you challange the dealer & insurance/warranty company. Over 2 yrs after my troubles started, I'm still dealing with loose ends and trying to get things squared away.

Hope things work out and you can make it.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Sparky said:

You're still welcome to come even without the GMT.

yeah, I mostly just drove it pulling the boat or trailer and I have a cavalier that gets waaaaay higher MPG for a DD. I drove it in the snow some but it's been in the shop for a month

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Grimor said:
I might be out. Confirmed engine is shot, not looking like the ins is going to pay or the dealer who I bout the truck from less than 5k miles ago...

Are you in the Elkhart area? If your interested, we could pull a salvage yard motor and drop it into your truck. I have already done one motor swap, it is not that difficult. Cost wise, you would be looking at around $500 for the motor. We could switch over all your sensors, plugs and coil packs or do a full tune up at that time.

Just wanted to offer, I know how difficult it is having a truck that is out of commission.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Sparky said:

:crackup: thats about what i put on my Grand Prix every year and thats my DD. I took it over from my mom with 124,xxx miles back in 2011. It now has 138,xxx. I guess working 4 miles from my house pays off ehh? :rotfl:

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Regulator said:
Are you in the Elkhart area? If your interested, we could pull a salvage yard motor and drop it into your truck. I have already done one motor swap, it is not that difficult. Cost wise, you would be looking at around $500 for the motor. We could switch over all your sensors, plugs and coil packs or do a full tune up at that time.

Just wanted to offer, I know how difficult it is having a truck that is out of commission.

I am in Elkhart, I actually live just south of the Air Port. That's more in my budget than the $2700 plus engine cost from the dealer. Would need to wait till it stops snowing first lol. I don't know if I have an engine hoist that's tall enough to clear the engine.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
:undecided:

Engine swap meet! :biggrin:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Regulator said:

Jeez, Midwest folks be like "we're like brothers in arms up in here" :rotfl:

Makes me miss living in the Midwest. That is seriously one of the most bro things I've seen in a long time happen across the Internet from one person to another, whether they knew them personally or not. The last one was in Dec/Jan when I bought Starbound for one lucky anonymous individual, and that was like $15 and twenty seconds to confirm my order and gift it along to their Steam address which isn't much by comparison lol.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
If there was some interest.... I could cook up a hog, open the bar and maybe get a band to play....

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Grimor - When Regulator, Hotness, ErikSS, and I did my engine swap it took around a total of 24 hours or so from start to finish. Started Friday 9pm tearing it down. on the way home Sunday around 1 pm. There is a thread about it on here somewhere. As long as you have space for the work, i'm sure Reg could bring his hoist. We know its big enough.

IllogicTC - You are so right. I know alot of these guys outside of the site. But I know them all because of the site. The 3 "gentleman" above dropped everything on a 3 day notice to pull my truck over to Reg's house and spend the weekend working on it. Couldn't ask for a better group of brothers in my life.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Hatchet said:
Grimor - When Regulator, Hotness, ErikSS, and I did my engine swap it took around a total of 24 hours or so from start to finish. Started Friday 9pm tearing it down. on the way home Sunday around 1 pm. There is a thread about it on here somewhere. As long as you have space for the work, i'm sure Reg could bring his hoist. We know its big enough.

IllogicTC - You are so right. I know alot of these guys outside of the site. But I know them all because of the site. The 3 "gentleman" above dropped everything on a 3 day notice to pull my truck over to Reg's house and spend the weekend working on it. Couldn't ask for a better group of brothers in my life.

Speaking of, how's it running? Any trouble since the swap?

I was so bummed when i thought you were down for the count.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Was running great. Was running into random issue of non starting. Started replacing the fuel pump a little bit ago. Havn't finished yet. Been to busy working OT and trying to fix the necessary parts of the house up. All I got left is to get the last few gallons of fuel out of the gas tank and then I can put it back in and hope/pray that is all it is.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Anyone want to step up and make the decisions on everything or I will? I know we got members coming from some distances and it would be nice to have a pretty solid agenda.

I don't know much about the area, but can likely google fu enough info to get us a good time.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
1. Hardtrailz
2. Sparky
3. Boricua SS
4. jrSS
5. Hatchet (maybe)
6. Grimor
7. DDonnie (and possibly Mrs. DDonnie)
8. Matt
9. FlyingFischer
10. DJones
11. wink
12. Big ed
13. Ms SilverBullet
14. Regulator
15. Pita (Mrs. Regulator)
16. Midnyteryder02
17. Sleepy_Jr

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Aarkon said:
count me and my old lady in for sure!:wootwoot:

1. Hardtrailz
2. Sparky
3. Boricua SS
4. jrSS
5. Hatchet (maybe)
6. Grimor
8. Matt
9. FlyingFischer
10. DJones
11. wink
12. Big ed
13. Ms SilverBullet
14. Regulator
16. Midnyteryder02
17. Sleepy_Jr
18. Aarkon (and Ms/Mrs Aarkon)

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
well i was doing alittle reasearch on auburn looks like they have a pretty neat museum and alot of good resturants i definately wanna go to stake and shake:yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Motor

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Ok folks, here it is.

Friday afternoon / evening: hotel check in and get situated

Hotel of choice is:

Comfort Suites
1137 W 15th St
Auburn, IN 46706
(260) 920-7600

Other options are:

Holiday Inn Express Auburn-Touring Dr
404 Touring Dr
Auburn, IN 46706
(260) 925-1900

Super 8 Auburn
503 Ley Dr
Auburn, IN 46706
(260) 927-8800

La Quinta Inn & Conference Center Auburn
306 Touring Dr
Auburn, IN 46706
(260) 920-1900

Days Inn Auburn
1115 W 7th St
Auburn, IN 46706
(260) 925-1316

Friday 7pm: Group Dinner

Mad Anthony Brewing Co
114 N Main St
Auburn, IN 46706

This is a local favorite and a very good microbrewery! You will not be disappointed.

Friday late evening: Group parking lot hang out and drinking competition!

Saturday AM: Breakfast: hotel buffet

Saturday 11 AM: Official meet

National Military History Center
5634 County Road 11A
Auburn, IN 46706

We will claim a corner of the parking lot to hang out. The museum offers Military history, movie memorabilia and car & truck museum. I would highly encourage everyone to check it out.

Saturday 12 PM: Cook out lunch

Grill:
Hamburgers:
Hot dogs:
Buns:
Ketchup/Mustard/Relish:
Cowboy Beans: Regulator (Matthew)
Chips:
Plates:
Napkins & Silverware:

If you want to bring anything else just add it to the list.

Saturday 3PM: Group Convoy

Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum
1600 Wayne St
Auburn, IN 46706

This museum has antique cars as well as muscle cars. There will also be an antique car club meeting in their parking lot, so that will provide more entertainment.

Saturday 7PM: Group Dinner

Buffalo Wild Wings
1071 Smaltz Way
Auburn, IN 46706

Saturday late evening: Group parking lot hang out and drinking competition!

Sunday 9 AM: Group breakfast.

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
1410 Shook Dr
Auburn, IN 46706

Sunday 11AM: Group convoy for some off roading for anyone interested.

Bundy Hill Off Road
9960 Chicago Rd
Jerome, MI 49249

For those that are not lifted, you are still welcome to join us. There should be plenty of open seats in the lifted trucks that will be attending.

We can play Sunday dinner by ear as we leave the park.

Hopefully this will work out and everyone will have a good time. There is not an available park at the first meet location, so I would encourage you bring kids than bring out door toys to entertain them. If anyone has corn hole boards, ladder ball, washers, or any other parking lot / tail gate game than feel free to bring them with you.

Alright folks, I think that will do it!

1. Hardtrailz
2. Sparky
3. Boricua SS
4. jrSS
5. Hatchet (maybe)
6. Grimor
8. Matt
9. FlyingFischer
10. DJones
11. wink
12. Big ed
13. Ms SilverBullet
14. Regulator
16. Midnyteryder02
17. Sleepy_Jr

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Thank you Sir!

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
That sounds like a good time. I've got to convince the wife to let me loose. We'll be in NYC two weeks later so I've got some work to do!

Thanks for putting together a timeline for plans!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Alright, who wants to share a room...and not a bloody bed you perverts!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'll probably be a little late on Friday night because of work but I'll plan on heading over straight from work.

Gonna call Comfort Suites this week for a reservation.

jomulk56

Apr 21, 2014
1. Hardtrailz
2. Sparky
3. Boricua SS
4. jrSS
5. Hatchet (maybe)
6. Grimor
8. Matt
9. FlyingFischer
10. DJones
11. wink
12. Big ed
13. Ms SilverBullet
14. Regulator
16. Midnyteryder02
17. Sleepy_Jr
19. jomulk56

Count me in. I grew up in Auburn and am still only about 10 minutes away.

I do have a few words if advise tho:

Mad Anthony's- located right downtown with limited parking and their busiest day if the week is Friday. The best spot to park will probably be around the court house or to car pool from the hotel.
Bdubs- That's probably the best bar in town really, but seating in the bar area is limited at times. The good news is they're right across from the Hampton in and the parking lot is huge.
If you like Mexican instead there's another restaurant next door called Cebolla's that's really good as well.
Police- just remember it's a smaller town, 12,000ish people, and the boys in blue have that attitude. Meaning you'll probably get to meet them at sometime during the visit.

Last but not least. If you guys need any help with getting anything around just let me know and I'll do my best to help.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Thanks for heads up

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
jomulk56 said:
Police- just remember it's a smaller town, 12,000ish people, and the boys in blue have that attitude. Meaning you'll probably get to meet them at sometime during the visit.
Ohhh snap. Ed there's your queue :rotfl:

Reactions: big ed and fletch09

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
apparently Sleepy knew something i didn't when he put his name in and didn't look far enough in the thread to include my "maybe".(post 58)
i'm out. my great nephew is getting baptized sometime that weekend. which normally would not be a big deal, but the poor little guy lost his father
unexpectedly, he will never know his dad. :frown: need to be there for support for my niece and family.
have a few for me :Lager Louts: , apple pie too.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Friday night parking won't be an issue because there are usually only about 8 of us that get in early enough.

Take care of the family Fletch. Who knows there may be a jar of Apple pie sent back with someone for you.

Reactions: fletch09 and Matt

jomulk56

Apr 21, 2014
Regulator said:
Friday night parking won't be an issue because there are usually only about 8 of us that get in early enough.

Take care of the family Fletch. Who knows there may be a jar of Apple pie sent back with someone for you.
Ok sounds good. I still think parking on one side of the courthouse would look kinda neat tho.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I just ready for the meet!

Reactions: Boricua SS

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Booked the the Comfort Suites last night. There's an extra bed in the room if someone want's to share the expense.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Guess I should figure out if the family is coming along or not.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
I need to finish my trials on the truck to see if its working.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I can bring my usual, buns for the Hamburgers, Forks, Knives, Spoons, and Napkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude