OFFICIAL 2014 MIDWEST MEET THREAD June 6-8, 2014 Auburn, IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
How do you get the fan out without pulling the upper support to tilt the radiator forward? :confused:

That's OK then, let one of the pros do it lol since apparently went about stuff the hard way :crazy:

*edit* oh wait... probably don't pull the whole fan out when changing just the clutch.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Hatchet said:
Well It's official, I will not be there for this meet. Think this will have been only the 2nd meet i haven't been to...:sadcry: Yall have fun. Try not to have the cops come with out me.

Agreed as well. I have removed 4 fan clutches. All I had to remove was the upper radiator hose, shroud, fan, and clutch. And I can do it under an hour if I don't get hit in the head with a lead pipe... I'm looking at you Hotness....
Sorry to hear :frown:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Sparky said:
How do you get the fan out without pulling the upper support to tilt the radiator forward? :confused:

That's OK then, let one of the pros do it lol since apparently went about stuff the hard way :crazy:

*edit* oh wait... probably don't pull the whole fan out when changing just the clutch.
There is enough flex in the shroud and fan that you can fanagle it around the upper radiator hose attachment. Atleast I have been able to.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Oh. I felt like I was forcing it and was going to break something, which is why I tipped the radiator forward to get more room.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Jared,

Just don't forget about the clutch tool...if get down your mates way. I guess there's more than one way to skin a cat, we'll try one way and if it doesn't work we'll go another route.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Sucks that people are having issues making it, but sometimes life happens. Maybe we will get lucky and some will sign up last minute...

Reactions: Boricua SS

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Well I am coming for sure. Just found out today. While I took a $15,000 pay cut, I still got my time off and I have enough saved for gas...

and to add to all the fan clutch replies, I took off my efans before I took her in for the first motor swap warranty work (shhhhh :rotfl:) and put on my original fan clutch, all while not removing hoses, supports, or the radiator itself. So it can be done.

ErikSS

Apr 14, 2013
I use the fan clutch wrenches on occasion. Typically only the outer wrench because I rarely get a grip on the bolts with the other wrench. I typically prefer a rubber strap wrench to hold the pulley and a large adjustable wrench to turn the nut. (did so on a Dakota today)

I removed off my fan shroud, fan, and clutch together. I did take the upper hose off the radiator which made it pretty darn easy. I think that's all I removed/unbolted.

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I may as well take pics when we do it and make a how to.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Aarkon, if we chipped $300 your way could you make it then?

Hatchet why can't you make it? Anything we can do?

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Matt said:
I'll bring mine for you.

Does anyone want to give me a hand replacing my fan clutch while we're all there?
I gotcha. I have done it multiple times and carry everything needed with me. It will take all of five minutes.

Reactions: Sparky

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Anyone got anything the want to buy/sell/swap? Should we start a thread. I was realizing how much extra stuff I have out in garage and should maybe quit hoarding.
I have a new thermal fan clutch and a new o2 sensor available.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I plan on bringing a brand new set of headlights with me in case anyone needs a set. I don't need or want them but didn't want to bother with shipping them back.

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Sparky said:
i really appreciate the offer but i could never take money from anyone i would feel way to bad i wish i could go and see all the great trucks everyone had oh and can someone pick up m slack and bring the coolers and ice please

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:
I plan on bringing a brand new set of headlights with me in case anyone needs a set. I don't need or want them but didn't want to bother with shipping them back.
Make em projectors for me. I will give ya set of halos n a stock set an an 08 light for em then...:wink:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I don't want to try opening them up. They are permasealed like OEM lights are, so you can't bake them open and I don't want to mess with that lol.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Ahh. If no one needs them I will use them in place of my scratched up ones.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Sparky said:

Hatchet why can't you make it? Anything we can do?
Meh just time, money, dog, and don't trust driving the truck on long distances yet. Don't worry bout lil ole me. I appreciate the offer. Yall just have a great meet and I wanna see picture and stories on here.

Reactions: Wishbone

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Aarkon said:
can someone pick up m slack and bring the coolers and ice please
I'll take care of it for you.

Grill:
PORK burgers: jomulk56 (only because jrSS is making me)
Hot dogs:jrSS (can buy brats too)
Buns: Matt
Ketchup/Mustard/Relish: Sparky
Cowboy Beans: Regulator (Matthew)
Chips: Sparky (potato chips)
Plates: Matt
Napkins & Silverware: Boricua SS

Coke, Dr Pepper, Sprite, Mt Dew:

Cooler & Ice: Matt

Reactions: Aarkon

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
It's not vehicle related but I have a 32" Led 1080p tv that I'd like to get rid of before I take my trek back to Washington.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
How old, what brand/model, how much?

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
uploadfromtaptalk1401391876226.jpg

Less then a year old. Bought it for my arcade and use a 60" instead. Only used it for about a month before I moved over here and haven't used it since. Just sitting in the box.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
What do you want for it?

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
I was hoping $175

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Front lift of MarkMC 3 inch w 88 springs n bilstien HD. Skyjacker rear shocks. Maybe a rear lift block.

Moog 14 front springs

Random headlight housings

Green trasharoo

Some cheap square fog lights w wiring

4 square hella lights

Decent used drilled n slotted front rotors

Mesh part of 2 piece grill

Stock SS G86

Prolly bunch more stuff when I think about it

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Just a few more days. Who's ready?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'm almost. Neighbor got the liftgate mostly done, he's going to finish it tomorrow, then Tuesday/Wednesday evening I'll be finishing it up.

What time are people planning on getting there at the hotel?

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
I can be there whenever. I'm heading to Cedar Point Thursday and staying the night in Sandusky. Probably also hit a few rides in the morning then head that way.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Hate to do this at the last minute gents, but i have to bow out this year. Too many projects trying to get the house ready to adopt stole all my spare cash. But eh, what can you do. If you guys want to do one later in the summer or in the fall, I'd love to join. Maybe a camp ground or something, I've got a camper that I'd be willing to share.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Nope...you are coming

Reactions: FlyingFischer

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I'm planning on getting there about 3 on Friday.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Juan and I will meet up with u asap. When u get in town text me. 260-three 5 seven-eight 3 four five.

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
jrSS said:
Juan and I will meet up with u asap. When u get in town text me. 260-three 5 seven-eight 3 four five.
Cool.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Roll call!!! If I accidentally took your name off the list, I appologise. If you're not on the list, copy it and post it with your name added.

I need to know how many burger and hot dog buns I need to get.

1. Hardtrailz
2. Sparky
3. Boricua SS
4. jrSS
5. Grimor
6. Matt
7. FlyingFischer
8. DJones
9. wink
10. Big ed
11. Ms SilverBullet
12. Regulator
13. Pita (Mrs. Regulator)
14. Midnyteryder02
15. Sleepy_Jr
16. jomulk56
17. Cheryl (maybe)

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
1. Hardtrailz[/font][/font][/color]
2. Sparky
3. Boricua SS
4. jrSS
5. Grimor
6. Matt
7. FlyingFischer
8. DJones
9. wink
10. Big ed
11. Ms SilverBullet
12. Regulator
13. Pita (Mrs. Regulator)
14. Midnyteryder02
15. Sleepy_Jr
16. jomulk56

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
I really don't know if I'll make it. If I do I'll have my kid, but I had him last time so no biggie. Maybe I missed it, but what's Saturdays itinerary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online