Carlisle ATN 2012 [ARCHIVE]

Are you attending the Carlisle Truck Nationals??

• Yes, I'm signed up and I'm definitely going

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm definitely not going this year

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
I will tell you to stay away from the Motel 6 in Carlisle. Jeff and I crashed there earlier this year when we ran out to pick up the parts truck, that place is a dump! I am talking cob webs in corners, dirty carpet, and bugs crawling across their 1980's left over TV. Seriously, as difficult as Hotel Carlisle is, they are still the Ritz compared to that dump.
. Yea that place was pretty bad...hopefully no one gets stuck there. Well if u do get stuck there alone...u won't be alone. Lol

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
smitty5150 said:
The first year I went, I stayed at a place about 25 min away for $60 a night. Ac, cable, wireless, mirror on the ceiling. It was pretty sweet. I forget the name.

Mirror on the ceiling? That is a complete win right there!!!

Edit: Sweet, my 2,000th post was talking about mirrors on ceilings!

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
I was just looking at the site, WOW!---I didn't realize how many events and such they have going on that wknd.
Yes this will be my first time at the Truck Nationals with BIG BLACK. Looks like I will need to bring some spare cash cuz it looks like they may have all kinds of deals and new products on sale!!! :salivate:

May, you know how I was telling you about the backroad shortcut, I am looking at a map and it looks like the main road is Rte 11 (N Hanover ST.). I believe the shortcut road I am thinking of is Cavalry RD. (Maybe you all know about it, if it's old news my apologies, but I think that's the road you can hop on to skip all the traffic)

I am thinking about getting a hotel room in Mechanicsburg which is a little bit East. Still tossing it around.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I feel left out. I wish I was coming but it's about a 8-9 hour drive for me. I love the food planning part and cooking on the grill for everyone. I got a bad ass cooler that'll fit 8x28 cases of Bud! It's x big white styrofoam container that food companies use to ship frozen product around by non refrigerated couriers. I hope your planning goes well and you all have fun. Maybe I get there next year!

Pulled pork is awesome especially with homemade potato salad on the side, take both!!

Enjoy!

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
mikeinDE said:
I was just looking at the site, WOW!---I didn't realize how many events and such they have going on that wknd.
Yes this will be my first time at the Truck Nationals with BIG BLACK. Looks like I will need to bring some spare cash cuz it looks like they may have all kinds of deals and new products on sale!!! :salivate:

May, you know how I was telling you about the backroad shortcut, I am looking at a map and it looks like the main road is Rte 11 (N Hanover ST.). I believe the shortcut road I am thinking of is Cavalry RD. (Maybe you all know about it, if it's old news my apologies, but I think that's the road you can hop on to skip all the traffic)

I am thinking about getting a hotel room in Mechanicsburg which is a little bit East. Still tossing it around.

Yeah, even staying 3 days - there's no need to be bored - unless you want to be!

You can probably find better/cheaper places to stay, but it's pretty awesome having us at 1 place and being able to just hang out in the parking lot till who knows when. Even if you get another place, I'd still come hangout at Hotel Carlisle.:wootwoot:

Denali n DOO said:
I feel left out. I wish I was coming but it's about a 8-9 hour drive for me.

Enjoy!

It'd be a lot of $ for gas, but if you can do it - do it. I don't think I ever heard anybody say they wished they hadn't gone.:thumbsup:
I'm not sure of the longest travel to Carlisle we had? I know people came from Florida, Texas, Canada (not sure what part), Iowa, ...

Denali n DOO said:
Pulled pork is awesome especially with homemade potato salad on the side, take both!!

Enjoy!
Ha, I like the way you think!!:lipsrsealed::biggrin:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Black LT said:
Yeah, even staying 3 days - there's no need to be bored - unless you want to be!

You can probably find better/cheaper places to stay, but it's pretty awesome having us at 1 place and being able to just hang out in the parking lot till who knows when. Even if you get another place, I'd still come hangout at Hotel Carlisle.:wootwoot:

Well even with all that, I will be doing quite a bit of "just sitting around and relaxing" :cool:

Oh I'm sure I will be chilling with the NATION at the Hotel Carlisle for a bit...

Denali n DOO said:
I feel left out. I wish I was coming but it's about a 8-9 hour drive for me. I love the food planning part and cooking on the grill for everyone. I got a bad ass cooler that'll fit 8x28 cases of Bud! It's x big white styrofoam container that food companies use to ship frozen product around by non refrigerated couriers. I hope your planning goes well and you all have fun. Maybe I get there next year!

Enjoy!

It's not too late to plan something out and come :yes: :biggrin:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
mikeinDE said:
It's not too late to plan something out and come :yes: :biggrin:

Oh I've thought about Carlisle and the Ohio meet as great destinations for a road trip! I haven't worked since January so I do have the time, but when I lost the job (28yrs) I also lost the company car. Now all we have is the envoy to share. I don't wanna buy a car yet as my next job would probably come with one too. Then the biggest pita is i don't have an up to date passport, border crossing could be difficult. I know my wife and kids would love the trip so maybe Carlisle next year. I hope you all post some pics of the festivities!

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Oh I've thought about Carlisle and the Ohio meet as great destinations for a road trip! I haven't worked since January so I do have the time, but when I lost the job (28yrs) I also lost the company car. Now all we have is the envoy to share. I don't wanna buy a car yet as my next job would probably come with one too. Then the biggest pita is i don't have an up to date passport, border crossing could be difficult. I know my wife and kids would love the trip so maybe Carlisle next year. I hope you all post some pics of the festivities!

Totally understood :yes:
I don't even have a passport, shows ya how much I travel.
But I am trying to get some travel mates together to attend a meet in FLA later on in the year.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Hotel info added to first post. There are 6 rooms remaining under the GMTNation name.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Hotel info added to first post. There are 6 rooms remaining under the GMTNation name.

This is the rate I got from them;

Room Type BNQQ Room Nights 2 Rate 127.96 Total 278.96

Is that what everyone else got? Maybe add the nightly rate to the first post also - so people know.:undecided:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
hmm i didn't even bother asking, i just gave up my cc# and didnt ask any questions. lol i'm a dummy

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
jimmyjam said:
lol i'm a dummy
:iagree:

I mean...I agree 'cause I'm a dummy too. :biggrin:

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Anybody have any projects to do while we're there?

Also, anybody looking for;
factory roof rack
" stabilizer bar
" running boards
"rear coil springs
K&N air fiter and or oil
probably other stuff

All VERY reasonable.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Black LT said:
Anybody have any projects to do while we're there?

I've got a couple projects I might bring up. No hood struts or anything cool like that though.:frown:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
I will be bringing my PIAA 520's (driving beam) that I have FOR SALE. I got 4 of them, they retail for about $500 for the 2 pairs, I'm looking for $100 total. No wiring or switches, just the lights.

and i have one of these: (retails for about 90 I think, looking for about 50)
View attachment 22007

Hopefully I can get rid of these somehow up there...

Attachments

• ARC-7-GN-lg.jpg
    ARC-7-GN-lg.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 51

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
mikeinDE said:
Hopefully I can get rid of these somehow up there...

Put them in someones truck when they aren't looking. Works everytime!!!!!:wootwoot:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Put them in someones truck when they aren't looking. Works everytime!!!!!:wootwoot:

And then pick their pocket :thumbsup:

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Only 3 days of work before Carlisle.:wootwoot:
My trucks been neglected - working in the heat, when I wasn't working I had to relax!!

Didn't have time to give my truck to ChriSS K (PureGemDetailing) so it's going to get what it gets this week - I took off thursday so it ought to at least get a good wash and vacuum.

Had my HID's out - they weren't firing up sometimes. I think it may have been the VLED module I had in. I took it out and did the capacitor thing to make the DRL's run at 100%. So I'm putting them back in this week. If I have my stock lights in at Carlisle, you'll know something didn't work out!!

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
yey!!!! can't wait... I am going to try to get a detail done thurs morning before i have to head out to orlando. hopefully it doesnt' get caked with bugs on the way there

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I got a lot done this weekend but I'll be doing little things here and there every night this week. That's the price I pay for the months of neglect.

Getting close.....I'm cited!!!:wootwoot:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
MAY03LT said:
That's the price I pay for the months of neglect.
Tell me about it. I've just accepted the fact that mine won't be perfect. (I guess that's why I'm in the non-judged show field) :wink:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
My week so far: :thumbsup:
--got my new 3rd Brake Light on today.
--Put down a deposit for some new audio goodies today. (which won't be done by Carlisle :frown:)
--new Grant Steering Wheel will be on on Thurs.
--After the steering wheel goes on, she will get a wash and the usual 2 coats of wax.
--Friday's a'comin!!!

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
All systems GO!

IMAG0378.jpg

JPZ

Dec 4, 2011
Looking good.

Is our tent in the same spot as it has been or were we moved?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
89ba3204.jpg

I think we're 1 row out from last year. Or something?

Also LMFAO at formerly trailvoy.:wootwoot:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Ha, take that TV!
At the same time I suspect that they don't even care, which takes some of the fun out of it.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
looks like the same spot we were at last time i went 2 years ago

think i'm about ready...
IMAG0379.jpg

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
jimmyjam said:
looks like the same spot we were at last time i went 2 years ago
:iagree:

Pretty sure it's the same.

khoover

Jun 25, 2012
I will be there with my Boyfriend and Our Tralblazer , we have gone every year since 2010 , was wondering if maybe we could park with you guys? my Truck is nothing special just a stereo upgrade but thats all money allows for at this time.We Have a room at the Days Inn. Please let me know either way, It will be great to meet other people with the same intrests. I should mention the First year we went we took his Baby that is no longer with us ( 2003 Chevy S10 xtreme) we miss that truck! :smile:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
khoover said:
was wondering if maybe we could park with you guys?
The more the merrier!

Even though you're not staying at Hotel Carlisle, you are welcome to join us for our usual evening pizza in the lot gathering.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Friday - A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Sunny, with a high near 95. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday Night - A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 72. Southeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday - A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 91. South wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday Night - A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 72. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday - A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 90. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday Night - A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Current radar <-- clicky thing

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
about to unboard in VA, I'll be there before noon at this rate

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I'm getting a late start. Should be there be there between 2:30 and 3:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online