Carlisle ATN 2012 [ARCHIVE]

Are you attending the Carlisle Truck Nationals??

• Yes, I'm signed up and I'm definitely going

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm definitely not going this year

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
barring any unforseen disasters, yes i will be

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
What's the average cost for something like this, over all (not including gas to get there and back). I'm talking admission/hotel/food/etc. I know I can't do this year at all but there is a chance maybe next year if I plan ahead to do it :undecided: I know nothing about this at all.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
admission is $40 prepaid, $50 at the show (for 3 days)
the hotel rate we got previously was around $112/night. you can find cheaper accommodations if you don't mind driving farther.
food? depends on how much you eat? typical fairground prices. you can always bring your own coolers

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
jimmyjam said:
food? depends on how much you eat? typical fairground prices. you can always bring your own coolers
There will be food for lunch provided at our tent. I typically eat McDonalds for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. Friday night and Saturday night is usually pizza in the hotel parking lot. (just pick the stones out and brush off the dirt) :rotfl:

Jul 16, 2012
Hey everyone...I didn't know about this site until a member on another site posted to come here! :yes:So here I am...anyway I was there last year with my SS and it was her first year and once again I will be there. Just wanted to say hi, and I look forward to seeing everyone, all the trucks and my personal fav Trailblazers. :smile:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
gigglingkrissy said:
Hey everyone...I didn't know about this site until a member on another site posted to come here! :yes:So here I am...anyway I was there last year with my SS and it was her first year and once again I will be there. Just wanted to say hi, and I look forward to seeing everyone, all the trucks and my personal fav Trailblazers. :smile:

Coolness. Did you register with your group?

Jul 16, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Coolness. Did you register with your group?

I just received my sticker in the mail last week. :wootwoot: We actually have a truck in Building T and therefore will be there from Thursday to Sunday evening. :smile: We did not register as a club since there are only 8 members with trucks but we go every year and we all love going! I will be sure to stop by and say hi to everyone!

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
:thumbsup: looking forward to meeting you and seeing the fancy truck you'll have indoors :undecided:

any word on the hotel situation?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
jimmyjam said:
any word on the hotel situation?

Phone tag with the lady in the office again today.:hissyfit::mad:

The wife has off tomorrow and she's going to call them every 20 minutes until it's straightened out.:cool:

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
So, what's your schedule? (your = everyone)

I'm probably going to be there friday morning till sunday whenever.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I'm heading up super early on Friday, hoping to be there around 10am. Leaving Sunday afternoon when the fun is over.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
keeping my fingers crossed that another coal train doesn't get derailed
Hopefully be there by noon and not 5pm again

BMM2500

Jul 17, 2012
Black LT said:
So, what's your schedule? (your = everyone)

I work tomorrow 8 to 3:raspberry:

J/K looks like we're heading up super early on Friday, hoping to be there around 10am. Leaving Sunday afternoon when the fun is over. :wootwoot:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Hey guys.. Can tickets be purchased the day of the meet, for me to take my TB into the actual spot with all the other GMT guys. Or am i already to late to buy tickets. Im gonna do everything i can to go but ive been really busy. Thanks

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
You can get them at the gate. I think you can still get them online and save yourself the wait in line. The only thing you missed out on is the $10 discount

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
jimmyjam said:
You can get them at the gate. I think you can still get them online and save yourself the wait in line. The only thing you missed out on is the $10 discount

ok cool man thanks. And ya i knew about that i just didnt make a decision in time because i was suppost to go golfing that weekend but it got cancled :frown: haha. But thanks for the info ill know for sure by next wednesday if ill be attending or not :thumbsup:

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
03TB93 said:
ok cool man thanks. And ya i knew about that i just didnt make a decision in time because i was suppost to go golfing that weekend but it got cancled :frown: haha. But thanks for the info ill know for sure by next wednesday if ill be attending or not :thumbsup:

Golf over GMT nation? WTF MAN!?!?! :rotfl:

ChriSS K

Jan 3, 2012
Anyone need a detail for the show??

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
GMTN over GMTN??!

I think I'm out, guys. Getting ready to move into my first shop and Don't think I can spare the time away from business. Someone please contact em to make arrangements to get the grill. It's cleaned up and ready w/ about 1/2 tank of gas.

And if anyone else wants a detail for the show.....

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Well, now I'm getting pissed. :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

I called the hotel on Wednnesday. Only got voicemail. I left my name and number...no one ever called back. Today, I called at 11:30 this morning. Only got voicemail, no human answered. I called this afternoon. Got through, but was put on hold. After listening to muzak for 10-15 minutes, I was transferred to voicemail again. I called back. I was put on hold again for 5-10 minutes. Then the desk manager picked up and said that they were checking people in and I would have to call back in an hour. I asked to speak with her boss. She said "that's the owner". I said "fine" and she transferred me. Guess what? Another voicemail. I left a message so long that the time limiter cut me off.
In the future, we might want to look elsewhere. For what we are paying for their rooms (and not being great to begin with), I think we should be treated a lot better. :twocents:

:rant:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
maybe you should set an alarm to call 4am when the desk clerk is just sitting around....

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Well, now I'm getting pissed. :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

I called the hotel on Wednnesday. Only got voicemail. I left my name and number...no one ever called back. Today, I called at 11:30 this morning. Only got voicemail, no human answered. I called this afternoon. Got through, but was put on hold. After listening to muzak for 10-15 minutes, I was transferred to voicemail again. I called back. I was put on hold again for 5-10 minutes. Then the desk manager picked up and said that they were checking people in and I would have to call back in an hour. I asked to speak with her boss. She said "that's the owner". I said "fine" and she transferred me. Guess what? Another voicemail. I left a message so long that the time limiter cut me off.
In the future, we might want to look elsewhere. For what we are paying for their rooms (and not being great to begin with), I think we should be treated a lot better. :twocents:

:rant:

I had some trouble getting to talk to them also - not as bad as you though. For the room reservations, all they needed was name, group, phone #, and dates - no CC.
So leave a message with that info and ask them to call you with a confirmation or give them your email and they will send it there.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
BO TIE SS said:

For real, this year it's like nobody there cares.:ugh:

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Tray, work pays tue bills, dolla dolla bills ya'll!!!

Im looking at 30 hours of OT in one week.... Yeh Carlisle can hold another year lol

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
They took my cc#....

Is there a show in town this weekend? Thursday Friday is probably pretty busy but you figure if check out is 11am and check in is 4 then why are they busy between those hours?

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
jimmyjam said:
They took my cc#....

Is there a show in town this weekend? Thursday Friday is probably pretty busy but you figure if check out is 11am and check in is 4 then why are they busy between those hours?

I think they are doing the motorcycle show this weekend. Thursday and friday are going to be non-stop check-ins. I would try Saturday late morning or Monday.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I axed the lady if she was sure that they didn't need a cc, she was all like naaaaaaaa.:undecided:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
jimmyjam said:
maybe you should set an alarm to call 4am when the desk clerk is just sitting around....
:hahano:

I sure as hell am not getting up at 4AM :no:

Black LT said:
So leave a message with that info and ask them to call you with a confirmation or give them your email and they will send it there.
I already left them a message to call me when convenient to make the reservation. (on Wednesday)
The owner didn't respond to the message I left him this afternoon either. :rolleyes:

MAY03LT said:
For real, this year it's like nobody there cares.:ugh:
I've never felt that their over-the-phone customer service was worth crap.

Fishhunter911 said:
Yeh Carlisle can hold another year lol
I've heard that before. :raspberry:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Fishhunter911 said:
Tray, work pays tue bills, dolla dolla bills ya'll!!!

Im looking at 30 hours of OT in one week.... Yeh Carlisle can hold another year lol

That's what I'm sayin. Besides the fact that next year my truck will actually be presentable.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Besides the fact that next year my truck will actually be presentable.

Isn't that what you say EVERY year????:raspberry:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I will tell you to stay away from the Motel 6 in Carlisle. Jeff and I crashed there earlier this year when we ran out to pick up the parts truck, that place is a dump! I am talking cob webs in corners, dirty carpet, and bugs crawling across their 1980's left over TV. Seriously, as difficult as Hotel Carlisle is, they are still the Ritz compared to that dump.

Sorry I can't be there with you all, unfortunately the funds just are not there.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Regulator said:
Seriously, as difficult as Hotel Carlisle is, they are still the Ritz compared to that dump.
Perhaps, but I've stayed in nicer places for half the price and with great customer service. Their location might be great for the show, but I'm willing to stay a little farther out to avoid this place in the future. While I'm in Carlisle this year, I'll do some recon to find a new hotel for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online