Aarkon's Build Thread

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Mounce said:
:wooot: can't wait to see a wall pic of that. Good work brother. :yes:
Thanks man I took them out for the first run tonight after the rain and it was great even with just my hid fogs I couldn't see the road as well as these

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Nice output [emoji41]

Reactions: Aarkon

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Aarkon said:
Im excited to see them in hi beam
Ohh boy, can you say Daylight? [emoji38]

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Capote said:
Ohh boy, can you say Daylight? [emoji38]
Daylight! [emoji12]

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Wooooo more badass fogs to come! Can't wait Ryan!

If you're ever interested, i'll pay you in the future to build either for me, for my rig :tongue:

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Well im hoping to be able to produce these new fogs for all our members once I get them made and tested then I can paint match them as well but it may be a month or so before I can produce the first pair since I have a major lack of funds at the moment. I do still have a couple sets of fogs laying around and one thats cut to install projectors but they are the first run so I would have to do some cleaning up on them

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Of the fogs? Ya they are the most recent pics I posted I haven't bought the parts for the new fogs yet

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Aarkon said:
Ok I got a deal I couldn't pass up so I will be building one more pair of projector fogs
Nice bro, any different plans with this set?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hmmm maybe I'll buy, been meaning to install a pair on mine, just need to cut the holes out in the bumper

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Do you already have some brackets made for the fogs? Even on my bumper I still had too trim the slot to fit it in

Reactions: dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
No, but i'm pretty sure I can salvage some from a yard or buy em cheap off of a parting out TB on craigslist

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I don't think bud, I've seen OE fogs on Ebay & Amazon with the brackets included

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Aarkon said:
They are actually molded into the bumper skin I believe
Capote said:
I don't think bud, I've seen OE fogs on Ebay & Amazon with the brackets included
Ran out and checked mine real quick. +1 for molded bumper mount. I guess if the ones you found online come with brackets, you probably just have to attach them to the recessed section somehow, and cut out the plastic grille slits. :undecided:

20141215_162836_zps15py6dca.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ohh okay, well it wouldn't be too difficult to figure it out, especially if the ones I saw had brackets. Just a matter of cutting the slits and drilling holes for the bracket mounts

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
That's if the recess is deep enough. If it's not, you'll have to get creative lol.

Btw, the slit on the bottom is mainly for aiming, if you get true OEM with the star bolt adjuster, you'll probably end up like me and just take it out and use pliers to aim it. Star bolt = pita. Aftermarket fogs have Phillips adjusters on them though.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I know that there is one that Spyder (i believe) makes, same specs as OE one, just looks like it has a lot clearer of a lenses & housing. I don't remember what I kind of adjust it has

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Thats the ones I use they are also Phillips head but strip out the plastic easily on the bracket

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Just too get a feel im planning on selling my fogs and headlights I have on my truck now with the halos and building new ones without them but I want to at least break even with the price of parts

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
How much would you need to break even Ryan?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Geez man, wish I could take them off your hands, but I couldn't afford that

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Haha ya I figured I will just have to hold onto everything but thats no big deal thats why I just thought id throw it out there too see

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'm sure someone would buy them on here if you posted them up for sale. I'd like to experiment with projectors now after seeing your work and now seeing MAY03LT in the process of doing-so

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher