Aarkon's Build Thread

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
All that MAY did was paint the bezel and put in a clear corner lense if I read his posts right.

But yeah, I'd love to take your lights off of your hands Ryan but I also can't afford them. :eek:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Mounce said:
All that MAY did was paint the bezel and put in a clear corner lense if I read his posts right.

But yeah, I'd love to take your lights off of your hands Ryan but I also can't afford them. :eek:
Oh yeah, you're right, but he still had to go through the same process for taking them apart

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Aarkon said:
Its what I have in parts for them minus the bulbs I would sell them for that plus whatever shipping would be
$200 is not a bad deal. What HID bulbs does the projectors take? You said that you did not have to modify your bumper cover right?

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
The hids are just regular h1s and I did have to take a dremel and widen the center hole too fit the projector bowl but it was so soft It only took a min.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Aarkon said:
The hids are just regular h1s and I did have to take a dremel and widen the center hole too fit the projector bowl but it was so soft It only took a min.
Thats not bad. At least the fogs still mount in the OE location. Did you have to have a harness or adapter to run the H1 HID?

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Thats not bad. At least the fogs still mount in the OE location. Did you have to have a harness or adapter to run the H1 HID?
No actually all my lights are still running on my kensun ballasts from my old setup with no flaws

Reactions: dmanns67

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Got the new projectors and im already pissedoff because they are not the shrouds I wanted so im build these to sell

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419052727369.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419052727369.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 20

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Sucks man [emoji30]

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Aarkon said:
Got the new projectors and im already pissedoff because they are not the shrouds I wanted so im build these to sell
They are usually pretty good about fixing goof-ups when you let them know...

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
It was a closeout but didn't list these stupid eyelid shrouds anywhere on the site

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Aarkon said:
Started on the second set of fogs
:thumbsup: doing the same thing again?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Are you doing SMD, CCFL, or Plasma?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
So what are your plans for the next set of quads? Different paint job? Different shrouds? The turn signals are a little short, but I'm sure you can make them work.

Reactions: Aarkon

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Im definitely changing up the shrouds but am keeping everything blacked out still have to find some clear corners and what lights im going to put in there if any the signals will get pulled apart and painted as well and fitted into a custom housing I have also been think of how to make the projectors look black as well so during the day it looks like there is nothing there

Ric_Whit

Sep 24, 2012
Aakron,

What kind of projector did you use for the fog light mod and where did you buy them??
Sorry if I missed it.

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Ric_Whit said:
Aakron,

What kind of projector did you use for the fog light mod and where did you buy them??
Sorry if I missed it.
The projectors I used are the Morimoto matchboxs and I had too custom build them unfortunately no one offers anything aftermarket for our foglights

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
After doing a quick mockup im afraid the new projectors are too bit to do quads and only good for low beams. I seem to remember the reflector bowls being deeper or maybe I have been spending to much time on foglights. But I may have a deal for a couple ls owners

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420076401683.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420076401683.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 22

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I knew they looked huge, I was worried that was gonna happened to ya

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
You know I dont quite but too put these in the highs the bezels will need more cutting than I want to do for appearance reasons the matchbox fit almost perfect for an easy retro I wonder how thos would perform[emoji27] but I may use these for now to build a couple pair of ls lights for members

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Cutting the bezels to fit is one way to make them fit Other options would be to do most of the trimming on the shrouds, or using some mod bug steroids, build your own custom shrouds for the high beam projectors, or a uni-shroud for both. (that was my initial grand idea with the vacuum forming :blush: )

But I'm sure a lot of people like your first idea (selling completed retrofits) better :tongue:

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Ya but remember lt lights have that bar through the middle and I had to cut the shrouds on the other ones to fit them these I would have to take huge chunks out of the bezel and it would look goofy I think it will be easier too order a new smaller set and actually me and matt where kinda talking about vacuum forming a clue days ago I kinda wanna look into that but for now ill just build a couple of lights for the guys on here but I would need too know if they want anything custom

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online