3D Printed Modificiations

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
9L6Q23k.png

Just to tease you guys a little...
Getting close, just a couple final touches and dimensions.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
HARDTRAILZ said:
Now you know I to mark them up an extra 3% for my royalty fees, right?
Just 3%?! That means you gotta sell them :cool:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Semborski said:
Just to tease you guys a little...
Getting close, just a couple final touches and dimensions.
What program are you using? That reminds me of auto desk inventor, I used it in auto cad a couple of years ago in high school.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
littleblazer said:
What program are you using? That reminds me of auto desk inventor, I used it in auto cad a couple of years ago in high school.
You are right. It is autodesk inventor.

Reactions: littleblazer

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Would take awhile to recoup my investment so far at only 3% so lets mark it up 30%. These guys will never know :wink:

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
HARDTRAILZ said:
Would take awhile to recoup my investment so far at only 3% so lets mark it up 30%. These guys will never know :wink:
Well I wasn't gonna let these bad boys go for less than $15 a piece without $650 handling and another $900 shipping charge.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Semborski said:
Well I wasn't gonna let these bad boys go for less than $15 a piece without $650 handling and another $900 shipping charge.
I'm willing to pay 2000 for shipping and handling, as long as the product costs $14.99.[emoji6]

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
First print is just starting. Doesn't have all the final supports but just wanting something to see if the securing mechanism dimensions fit fine.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
IPHi0PR.jpg
First prototype. Looks pretty good to me. Need to add some supports to stiffen it up and get some thin rubber or foam. Does anyone know if the non rounded corners by the screw hole will be a problem or not?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I do not believe the rounded corners interfere, but a dremel will fix that if it is.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
We need plastic lift kits. [emoji6]

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
littleblazer said:
We need plastic lift kits. [emoji6]
I was thinking this! I was planning to start that once I am done with my plastic brake pads.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Back to reality, for the foam, home Depot sells the window sealer, it's a type of single sided adhesive backed foam, but I believe it is the correct width for the door, if that will help.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Printing out the final draft now. 1 hour and 30 minute print time. Will have them ready to order sunday. Will probably start a new thread either tomorrow or tonight even with details and prices and what not.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Semborski said:
Printing out the final draft now. 1 hour and 30 minute print time. Will have them ready to order sunday. Will probably start a new thread either tomorrow or tonight even with details and prices and what not.
I call firsties. [emoji13]

Reactions: Semborski

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Whoever gets the first one needs to be prepared to install it the day they get it so that Semborski will know if it works or if he needs to redesign it before he sells more.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
True. I'll be at school and might not be able to.... I'll let someone else try. [emoji13]

Reactions: Mounce

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Mounce said:
Whoever gets the first one needs to be prepared to install it the day they get it so that Semborski will know if it works or if he needs to redesign it before he sells more.
When I return Hardtrailz's donor he agreed to test fit one for me so that will be taken care off. I'm not cutting a hole in my car but i will mount it up to make sure it fits.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Semborski said:
I'm not cutting a hole in my car but i will mount it up to make sure it fits.
I was gonna say,no cutting would be necessary for a test fit. You'll have the lip for the door to insert into, and the screw mount. That's all you need. :thumbsup:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Ok so with that project done. What's next? Gauge adapter? I have been doing a little side project for myself you guys might be interested in. I bought a 3/4" square aluminum tubing from menards and have been working on quick release fittings for our roof rail channels.

Reactions: littleblazer

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Will they be stronger than the 3/8 bolt n washer I currently employ to attach my crossbars?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
There is a projector shroud that Aarkon and myself have been unable to purchase. No one on the interwebz sells them separately from the projectors. The only issue is trying to get one to you for reference. I know Aarkon is looking for at least three pairs of them.

The plastic will need to be able to handle high temperatures and be UV resistant as the shroud is only an inch or so away from the HID bulb. Not sure what options you have as far as plastics.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Trkdrvremt said:
Anyone know the screw size that goes in the door?
You talking about the metal ones that hold the handle to the door, or the plastic push pins that snap in around the perimeter?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Or the size for cabin filter door?

Reactions: Trkdrvremt

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Cabin air filter door, if you mean that, is 5.5mm I believe. I guess use a self tapping screw with a hex head.

Reactions: Trkdrvremt

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I used these in the Envoy. [emoji6]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421351190718.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421351190718.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: dmanns67
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
So a little thread hijack real quick.. Do car/truck coils get dirty with out the air filter? In my big truck I have 2 filters for the hvac.. One for fresh air and one for recirculate. I have to clean my ac coil out once a year bc of the dirt and dust that we run in gets by the filters. So I was just wondering if anyone without a filter has looked at their coils and seen if they get dirty and plugged up? Or if anyone has ever heard of the coils being plugged in a car/truck.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Midnyteryder196 said:
So a little thread hijack real quick.. Do car/truck coils get dirty with out the air filter? In my big truck I have 2 filters for the hvac.. One for fresh air and one for recirculate. I have to clean my ac coil out once a year bc of the dirt and dust that we run in gets by the filters. So I was just wondering if anyone without a filter has looked at their coils and seen if they get dirty and plugged up? Or if anyone has ever heard of the coils being plugged in a car/truck.
My dad's old 1999 c3500hd old body style sierra, the boxy one, used to plug all the time, on hi it moved as much air as level 1. He hosed it out and decayed leaves and sludge came out and flow was restored. On the newer vehicles the inlet is higher from the floor so it doesn't pick up the the Crap from the floor. So yes, they can plug up, at least I've heard of the old ones doing that anyway. [emoji106]

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
littleblazer said:
My dad's old 1999 c3500hd old body style sierra, the boxy one, used to plug all the time, on hi it moved as much air as level 1. He hosed it out and decayed leaves and sludge came out and flow was restored. On the newer vehicles the inlet is higher from the floor so it doesn't pick up the the Crap from the floor. So yes, they can plug up, at least I've heard of the old ones doing that anyway. [emoji106]
Good to know. When my fan is about halfway to all the way up it sure vibrates the dash and it seems like there should be more air flow tha. What I have, so I guess I will check mine out this weekend then. I'm pretty sure I already have the door but I doubt a filter.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Midnyteryder196 said:
Good to know. When my fan is about halfway to all the way up it sure vibrates the dash and it seems like there should be more air flow tha. What I have, so I guess I will check mine out this weekend then. I'm pretty sure I already have the door but I doubt a filter.
There's a waterless cleaner, he hose it out since it was rubber floors, the spray breaks it down, then just blow it out with compressed air. [emoji106]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online