05 Envoy XL 5.3 Won't Crank

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
So I could always see the PRNDL screen when the no crank issue was at its worst, and the DIC and the HVAC screens only came back on when I removed the comb. Then when I fixed the BCM wiring initially all 3 displays worked, but all of a sudden none of them work.

On the other hand, I may have made a mistake with the transmission. I changed the trans oil pan (made sure I got the deep pan like I originally did, but with a drain bolt) and I filled it with 4qts like the job called for. When I put the dipstick back in to get a fluid level, it got stuck and I had other issues to deal with (like the car not starting) so I left it. Last night, I finally battled with the dipstick and I won, only to find that the dipstick was completely dry. Not a drop of oil. I know from when I changed the pan that the stick doesn’t go all the way down, but I was horrified to say the least. Ran to get some more valvoline trans oil and I’m filling it up today. No trans leaks to speak of.

I did not, however, account for fluid lost through the transmission cooler lines when the car had been worked on, and I’m wondering if the car sitting for months allowed more fluid to drain back into the pan, which was subsequently lost when the pan came off. Getting the pan off was… messy to say the least so I didn’t get an exact measurement of how much came out.

About the only thing I know about a deep pan is it needs a filter made for a deep pan.

For the dark displays.... Have you checked the headlight/dimmer switch settings yet?

Reactions: EnvoyMan

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Just want to tuck in this BCM Color Wiring and Circuit Schematic:

BCM2004DIAGRAM.jpeg

Reactions: EnvoyMan

EnvoyMan

Original poster
Jan 27, 2023
Parkdale
About the only thing I know about a deep pan is it needs a filter made for a deep pan.

For the dark displays.... Have you checked the headlight/dimmer switch settings yet?
I'm seeing this too late now, but during my drive home (which ended up turning to hell) I decided to mess with it, and sure enough it was turned all the way down. It is weird how it randomly used to get dim and then brighten up, makes me think there is something wrong with my ambient light sensor.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samsen

Members Online