What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
That kink was my fueling problem on my 02 as well. Maybe 02 had screwy fill hoses.

Could be because all the 02's in the yard and the 04 had kinked hoses...then I remembered they had an 06...cost me $1 plus the $1 to get in.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Jumped a co-workers EXT, then rambled on an hour about GMT360 general knowledge, and educated my co-worker on all their normal quirks.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cleaned it out. Had become a catch-all for awhile.

Reactions: RTTBLT1

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I ordered front endlinks. The symptom was a metallic *thump* sound in the front when the body would roll, or just sometimes for no reason at all. There wasn't a noticeable chatter sound like when the rears went bad.

Unbelievably enough, the fronts outlasted the rears by 1 year/10,000 miles. Those suckers are 14 years old with 95,000 miles.

carshinebob

Jun 13, 2014
Today I finally got around to removing the front axles and drive shaft on my Blue Bravada. I've been driving it with the AWD disabled for a year and a half. Yesterday driving home I felt a rumbling in the front end and thought it might be the front diff or wheel bearings. While I was jacking it up the LH upper ball joint came apart. It didn't seem to drive bad at all, so I was quite surprised. I'm sure glad I pulled it in today before it failed while I was driving. ~BOB

Reactions: Mounce

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Since the wife was working from home today I had to come home to the Voy covered in snow,ice and salt thanks to the sanitation department. Cleared off the salt ice and snow. Drove it in and out of its spot a few times to make sure wifey gets out with out an issue for work tomorrow.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Yanked out the driver side PDM to disconnect it since I turned on the voy and the passenger windows came down. The buttons seem to have gotten some salt water mix and froze over last night. Time to take it apart and clean it up and see if it still works properly.20170210_072929.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Slapped some materials from home depot on top and inside so I can get a head start on a friends project. The stuff is on site and ready for me for next Friday.20170210_124302.jpg 20170210_124313.jpg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Also, hopefully solved my fueling problem. The filler hose was kinked right at the top and no amount of fucking around with the pump allowed me to put the pump on the first click without it shutting off. Went to the local pull a part and got the unkinked hose from an 06 and put it on. Have to wait until I fill up next week to see if that solved the problem.

Problem solved, it was the kink in the hose. Filled it today with the pump going flat out and it didn't click off until it was full.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Cleaned engine bay again, gotten really dirty with these a-hole landscapers despite having a car cover on Mondays when they come. Also added a quart of oil.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Put new car cover on it, it's a bit too big... I made it work though. I only need it for Sunday nights after I let her dry off after a wash. Landscapers come through on Monday mornings before I even wake up for work and could care less about who's vehicles they dirty up.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I replaced my front endlinks. They were a lot easier than the rears- I only had to cut one nut off.
Holy moly, what a difference they make. The front end doesn't feel like it's getting sucked into the potholes anymore.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Researching some tires as I think my previous order from September may never arrive and if they do a 25% upcharge for what was supposedly free shipping may be added...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Took it through the car wash and got rear ended. I guess you could call it that anyway, more like a bump. The guy's foot slipped off the brake pedal behind me and bumped his Traverse front plate into my bumper. He was all apologetic, but it just bent his plate and didn't even leave a mark on my truck, so, whatever.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
The fark was he doing so close to your arse?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Same reason that lady was so close and bumped your wombat bar a little while ago I guess!

Reactions: Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I was bumped twice in my Eclipse and once tapped decently in the TB and let them go...I figure its good karma in case me or the wife has a similar incedent

Tire search has now led to possibly new wheels again...the GMT may end up happy if I order up today :wink:

smt 59

Got gas and a wash on the way into work this morning at 5:45 AM all good but been noticing an odd noise under the hood lately. Thought it was the belt tensioner so dropped into the dealer on my way home to check it out and found that the water pump is done. My loaner is a brand new Silverado 4x4 loaded, sweet ride. Got me thinking!!!!

Reactions: xavierny25

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Set off a Volvo's car alarm at work with my exhaust multiple times for giggles

Reactions: 07TrailyLS

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
dropped into the dealer on my way home to check it out and found that the water pump is done.

Hate to think what they're going to charge you for a 1 hour job.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Just changed the trans pan for a Dorman deep with a drain plug. Changed the fluid and filter while I was at it. It was a very dirty pink, so I was pleased at the condition of it after about 65,000 miles.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Drove it in the rain a lil bit today, to rinse off a little bit of the dust that had accumulated. Was gonna hit the car wash actually, but didn't manage to get everything done that I needed to before the clouds rolled in.

Got home, and decided to do this to it instead...

20170218_143310.jpg

Might as well give my mod bug some exercise right?

20170218_143522.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Went to Kauffman Tire to have them fix the awful balancing job done on my tires at "Tire Depot". Lifetime Balance :cool: :biggrin:

Last edited:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Helped my brother fix our trailer since we will be needing it verrrrrrry soon for the beaSSt :lipsrsealed:

then came home and started the beaSSt for the first time this year on this freakish 70* day here in Northern Ohio. She fired right up...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got most of my modules re-LED'd to match the ones I put in the steering wheel buttons, still need to do each of the door modules, figure since they aren't as in my line of sight as the dash and console items are, they can wait.

20170219_130733.jpg

HVAC controller is completely Trailvoyed (works fine, still useful, but damn sure isn't what it should/used to be) I need some white LEDs for the sliders, so it's gonna have to come back out anyway, but for the blue ones behind the dials, all of the LEDs are half brightness on the test bench (15V), and do not light up at all in the truck. :confused:

Tracing voltages, only the slider bulbs, and the 2 dial bulbs closest to the ribbon see full power, the other dial bulbs see half that. No idea how this happened. The jumpers I had previously on the backside of the board aren't necessary, and do not help anymore. A few test jumpers had some really odd behavior, like jumping 2 LEDs on one side of the board for one dial, caused the 3rd LED to go out completely, while 1 LED for the other dial went full brightness. :weird:

SOOO, looks like I'm gonna have to run jumpers all over the damn thing. Not looking forward to that, although I was able to confirm which pins on the ribbon are parking illumination and ground, so that's out of the way...

Moore

Sep 8, 2016
Oregon
I replaced the driver side passenger door lock actuator. It was fairly easy, easier than my F350 doors. I just wanted to make a couple of points. I found the door moisture seal loose just as was the drivers door. It seems the bead of sealant wears out. That is where I had massive amount of water coming into the drivers floor area. I sealed both doors with gorilla tape around the moisture seal onto the door. The door panels are big enough that the tape as enough metal to stick to and very little needs trimmed off to be hidden under the panel.

MikeHayes

Mar 20, 2016
Vermont
This isn't a "Just Today" but more of a "On Going Since Friday" thing. Thursday night my wife who drives our TB the most says "there is a grinding noise in the front." Ok, I figure the breaks are finally gone. (Bought it used with 117,000 on it and we have 134,000 on it now and kinda figured they would be getting there) bought the front break pads and got some new rotors for the front all in one shot because that's one of the upgrades I wanted to do. (Rotors are cross drilled and pads are ceramic) Got the tires off and started to the work only to notice the passenger side tie-rod is broke. (Almost in half) went back to the store and bought that and finished everything up. She takes it down town on Friday night and comes back saying now the back ones are doing it. (And yes I know I should have just bought all 4 at once but I just started working again after 6 months of being laid off and at $8 less per hour.) So back to the store and bought the rear pads and rotors and put them on Sunday. Everything is working, scheduled a front end alignment for this coming Saturday. (Soonest I could get in) Today at lunch I get a phone call saying that the passenger side marker light will blink but will not come on otherwise (Headlights or just parking lights on). So I have no idea what could cause that so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Replace the bulb. Dual filament bulb, parking filament burned out. Easy fix.

I've just been putting a few miles on my truck. Driving to work and back at stupid hours sometimes lately. Bought stuff for an oil change that needs done soon, but the parts store was out of the correct filter (go figure). Cross referenced filters and found they had one left of the next size up filter, which I might switch to permanently as it doesn't cost more and it will be a little easier to get a hold of. Not sure why GM put such a tiny stubby filter on the 5.3.

Weather is nice next few days so if I have time (ha that's a joke) I may try to clean it out, vacuum carpets, etc.

Reactions: RTTBLT1 and Mounce

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Got it back from the Auto Electricians yesterday. There's no break in the wires for the drivers door actuator, he's seeing 12v and 5v in the respective wires...but he ran out of time to check for continuity. (I had to work at Lowes last night and needed my truck) I'm going to check for continuity, but he's pretty confident that the digital A/C controller (the actual unit in the dash) is the issue. If it is, I'll get one off ebay for $75 instead of new for $300+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigboylove

Members Online