What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Regular red light to red light douche baggary.

Reactions: Capote

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Replaced U-L ball joints, L joints were a bitch to remove. Advance auto 10 piece and 23 piece kits were a joke. I would recommend getting a dedicated 360 R&I kit from Kent Moore.

Reactions: Capote

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Went for a second wheel alignment just after I could have been killed.

Firestone in Akron, right in front of where I work, didn't tighten the bolts after doing to toe. I was driving home, on the freeway at 70 mph and it was fine, as soon as I go onto the off ramp and almost stopped at the lights, both wheels toed in and the truck went right. Got out and looked to see if anything was broken, it wasn't, and limped to where I normally get it done. They told me about the bolts.

I have a lifetime alignment with Firestone but you can bet your balls I will only be going to the one I normally go to from now on...I trust those guys.

Akron will be getting a call this morning and corporate on Monday. I expect someone to lose their job at the very least.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Put the old wipers back on it after changing the rubber to silicone inserts. The new trico flex blades I got a month or so ago are shit hopping all around. Seem weak and floppy.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Replaced the clamp to the upper radiator hose to see if it will stop the leaking, while in there I pulled off the TB to give it a good cleaning. Hoping it helps fix the slightly unsteady idle I've been getting lately, also dropped one of the flange nuts. On top of it, I forgot to reset the PCM so I ended up with a P0507 code. Whoops. :duh:

Enlightened1z

Jul 15, 2014
View attachment 80118 New rear brakes. Brakemotive drilled and slotted rotors and semi-metalic pads. Drivers side e-brake completely fell apart when I removed the old rotor. Debating whether or not to do anything about it...
I put the slotted and drilled rotors and pads on front and rear last weekend. They seem to work great. How are they performing for you?

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Wheel alignment after I did the ball joints, probably wasted my money but, most sources suggested it after major front end work...:Rumour: Mike.

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
Bought her a 183 piece socket set with my B-Day money. It was so ridiculously on special I couldn't resist.
On special for $120 down from $450
Who the heck would pay $450, ouch.

Reactions: SnowBlazer

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ordered Moog front sway bar bushings

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Replaced windshield arms, transmissions and linkage.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Replaced the Drivers side Hub Assembly. One more thing goes wrong with it this month and I'm going to comment in the "So I crushed it" Forum...
:explode:
I'm guessing passenger side hub will trigger the "crush" :smiley_kill:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Car wash and tire rotation.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Front/Rear Diff Fluids and Transfer Case, then finished by doing a basic wash until the weather is nice enough to do a wax/clay treatment.

Reactions: RTTBLT1

Enlightened1z

Jul 15, 2014
Did Vacuum test (no codes) to troubleshoot sluggish response to pressing pedal to accelerate. Back pressure problem??? I've attached a youtube link to a recording of the test to get opinions.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Inspected it, babied it, and felt bad for it.

Got rear ended this morning on the way to work. Was on a 1 lane road and traffic stopped abruptly for someone making a left hand turn. Guy behind me wasn't paying attention until the last second. He swerved, but his driver corner caught my passenger corner.

He gave me his info and I snapped a pic of his license. Gonna try to not go through insurance, as he's offering to pay for my repairs. I've got some scratches on the paint and a scuff on the light that should buff out. Some of the plastic clips came loose (bumper pad on that side was never secure) and a small crack on the bottom of the trim piece. There's a little bit that's bent where it popped off the supports under the rear panel.

IMG_20170322_080413.jpg

IMG_20170322_080409.jpg

About to head out to get under there to clip things back together, and break out the rubbing compound to see how things clean up.

Oh yeah, the guy who hit me, was driving a Ford... :hopeless:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Ordered her a new set of in channel window rain guards. Not sure how my driver side had a big chunk break off on our last snow storm but it is what it is.Screenshot_20170323-074337.pngin

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011

Got rear ended this morning on the way to work. Was on a 1 lane road and traffic stopped abruptly for someone making a left hand turn. Guy behind me wasn't paying attention until the last second. He swerved, but his driver corner caught my passenger corner.

He gave me his info and I snapped a pic of his license. Gonna try to not go through insurance, as he's offering to pay for my repairs. I've got some scratches on the paint and a scuff on the light that should buff out. Some of the plastic clips came loose (bumper pad on that side was never secure) and a small crack on the bottom of the trim piece. There's a little bit that's bent where it popped off the supports under the rear panel.

IMG_20170322_080413.jpg

IMG_20170322_080409.jpg

About to head out to get under there to clip things back together, and break out the rubbing compound to see how things clean up.

Get a shop quote before you touch it. Better to be safe than sorry if he turns out to be a less than honest person.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Get a shop quote before you touch it. Better to be safe than sorry if he turns out to be a less than honest person.

Yeah, too late. I fiddled with it right after posting that. Got the bumper seated properly, and snapped the trim piece clips back in. There's a larger gap between the bumper and tail light on that side than the driver's now, but I'm probably the only one who will notice.

Really the only tell tale sign is the paint, there are spider cracks and some scuffs. If my paint was pristine, then it might bug me enough to get it fixed right. But I've got chips and scrapes elsewhere too. So I dunno...

Just glad I didn't put a lowering kit on it. Would have ended WAY worse.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Its still damaged and you should at least get the check for dealing with the damage even if not fixed. Let people slide for shit like that and they never learn....help em catch the fish they deserve.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Filled it up again, for about the 8th time since Sunday...vacations are hard on the wallet!

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Replaced my window rain guard for the in channel ones. I had to replace them anyway because i got hit by a piece of ice that toke off a chunk on the front driver side. Smh. I also went up under her to install those helper bags I got a few weeks ago.20170324_164957.jpg 20170324_165011.jpg 20170324_165020.jpg

I should put a build thread together already. Lol

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Several hard pulls today to show off a bit in front of a coworker:laugh:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Had my guy at work put the tires on her this morning.

IMG_20170325_120857.jpg

Before cleaning the blue off. Yes i know I'm gonna have to clean the wheels lol. Hand prints galore in the brake dust.

After cleaning the blue off.

IMG_20170325_171544-1.jpg

Threw him a $20 so we're all happy. He made money on easy work and I saved $80 compared to the going rate around here for a mount and balance.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Ripped out the old factory struts since they were loooooong gone, and installed Monroe OE Spectrums and did a tune up at the same time. Didn't have to touch the rear shocks since those were changed a year ago by the previous owner when they swapped the airbags for coil springs. Wish they left the air compressor though, other then that the ride is nice and firm now.

rizzo20

It was a very productive day for me. I don't know that I've ever accomplished as much work on a vehicle as I did today. Big thanks to a good friend, we started at 9:30 this morning and spent the day on my Envoy and tinkering round. See list below of what we did:

installed rear of SS Belltech Stock Height suspension kit (hopefully doing the front next weekend along with all front suspension components/bushings/ball joints/ends)
painted mirror backs white and installed
installed power, heated, signal mirrors (also spray tinted the amber lenses)
replaced both oxygen sensors
replaced water temp sensor
replaced blower motor resistor
replaced 1 front inner fender
EDIT* almost forgot . All new ceramic brake pads on all 4 corners.

20170325_193351.jpg 20170325_193459.jpg

03_LT_EXT_4X4

Dec 31, 2015
Pennsylvania
Finally put a 90.5" belt on it after dealing with the 91.5" belt the local shop put on it when my dad took it in for the last month.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA

IMG_20170322_080413.jpg

IMG_20170322_080409.jpg

Absolutely HATE it when that happens! At least it was a minor bump, I've seen worse :cry:. Let's hope she gets better s and back in shape soon :2thumbsup:

Took her out to the dealership wanted to get a quote on the price for some Trailblazer side door script of the 'newer' gen trailblazer. Would go really well with the GM badges of excellence that are waitin to be put on the TB. My Engine coolant temperature sensor seems to be completely dead and will need a replacement as well as a new gas cap. Gotta get the TB cleaned as well!! Lots of things to do but my wallet isn't cooperating :worried:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yanked the rear door panels off and swapped the speakers out with some pioneers. Rear speakers had quit forever ago so I finally got around to it. Quite a difference having functioning speakers again and they sound great. Now to swap the fronts as well, was gonna do all four at once but wasn't sure the pioneers would sound good in the TB so just bought one pair to start off with.

Then took it to work on my off day and changed the oil. 5/30 maxlife and wix51522.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Upper control arms
Upper ball joints
Lower ball joints
Front and rear brake pads
Both front wheel bearings
Adjusted my parking brake
Installed Denali center console
Installed Denali radio bezel
Installed Denali headlight bezel
Installed Denali shifter thing and boot

I think I'm done for the day

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Drove it to work for the first time since coming home from vacation...it didn't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online