Work Done, Now A Vibration On The Hiway

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
My friend has an 03 TB I6. He took it into a Midas shop to get a few things done. Now when he gets to around 120km/h he gets a vibration from under the truck. They did an oil change, 4 wheel alignment, machine rear rotors, replaced a rear stabilizer end link, replaced outer tie rod end, put in a new universal joint.

We crawled under it last light to look around. Wow, he's pretty mad right now at the shit job they did :hissyfit:. Looks like the end link is installed upside down :confused: and is very stiff and hardly moves, would that cause a vibration at higher speeds? Didn't get a pic of the rear u joint but maybe thats not installed right either, is it called in or out of phase if it's not in properly, could that cause a vibration at higher speeds? Just wondering what we could check to determine what the vibration is. Ha, look at the machined rear rotors he just paid for :confused:. Any advise about the vibration?

Attachments

• DSC02586.jpg
    DSC02586.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC02588.jpg
    DSC02588.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC02589.jpg
    DSC02589.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC02579.jpg
    DSC02579.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC02580.jpg
    DSC02580.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 6

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Definitely did not machine the rotors or put the endlinks on right. They probably either didn't mark the driveshaft and now have it out of balance or bent one of the ears on it.... They completely fuct him on that one! Thats HORRIBLE...

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
The factory U-Joints are epoxied in place and need to be heated up to aid in breaking them loose.

If they didn't heat them they could have possibly put much added stress on the ears.

Just a hunch though as well as not marking the shaft.

You bet your arse I would be there bright and early having a chat with the manager.

If you can show up with a local news T-shirt that could probably work in your favor also. :biggrin:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Friends don't let friends go to large chain stores without some EXTREMELY favorable reviews by locals you trust.

View attachment 22740

Attachments

• facepalm.gif
    facepalm.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 79

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
Pittdawg said:
Go back, demand all your money back and go somewhere else.

I know he was going back but don't know the outcome yet. I post later what they did. I recall reading another thread recently about a bad Midas experience.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
He got bent over

BuckeyeEvan

Apr 1, 2012
the roadie said:
Friends don't let friends go to large chain stores without some EXTREMELY favorable reviews by locals you trust.

View attachment 9163

:iagree:
Midas guys make money on commission. the more they sell the more they make. I highly recommend a call to corporate first... they care if a customer calls and says he is going to the local station with xyz...... suggest a Money back for what they claimed they did.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.