What's the differences?

Sierra Alpha Alpha bravo

Original poster
Mar 18, 2015
I have been doing a lot of suspension work on a 2005 saab 9-7x every time I look up parts it gives me everything for the trailblazer the the envoy as matching but I remembering a brochure saying that the saab had a different tune suspension and bigger sway bars and other things like that is that true? The part I've thrown at the car all say for saab as well as the trailblazer and envoy so I'm just wondering where the differences are if any thank you for your time and consideration!!!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: Maybe those differences are for the 9-7x Aero model?

Sierra Alpha Alpha bravo

Original poster
Mar 18, 2015
Good thought I looked at the 2009 aero on various auto parts suppliers and they have all the same stuff for the 6 L aero is well so I'm going to have to go try to find that literature that I read about the differences .was just hoping someone would know offhand thank you for the reply

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Your 5.3 has different front brakes than the 4.2, but that is across all models. Same with having the 8.6 instead of 8.0 rear diff.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There are some differences. Most parts were common across all GMT360's. The Saabs were built on the same Moraine assembly line as the others. The real big differences were with the body parts and interior. One that I have not heard mentioned was the funky ignition key. Unlike it's brethren, the Saabs use a PassKey3 (PK3) system with a chip in the key whereas the others do not, probably because of its mounting location on the center console. Because of that, the door key lock is also different than all other GMT360's. Found that out when I needed to replace the door lock because it was corroded solid. Got one from an Envoy so I now have a separate key for it. The two keys are totally different so I couldn't get the lock re-keyed by a locksmith.

Found out some info here:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/saab-9-7x-first-drive-review

On the mechanical side, Per Jansson--finally, a Swede!--pretty much emptied the suspension engineers' bag of tricks to give the 9-7X more accurate handling and a taut ride and to generally trim off the flab from the GMT360's American-style mushiness. Among the numerous minor (but noticeable in their aggregate) changes are firmer shocks, springs, and control-arm bushings; revised front-suspension geometry; quicker steering (the ratio was lowered to 18.5:1 from 20.3:1); and an increase in the front anti-roll-bar diameter to 1.4 inches from 1.3. Several changes to the braking system, including a switch to stiffer cast-iron calipers, make a huge difference in pedal feel and the ability to modulate braking more precisely.

Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online