What's for dinner??

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
meerschm said:
View attachment 12099

Chili on the menu here too. I brown the meat (use 96% lean to skip the draining), toss the chopped onion on top, then empty the various cans, bring back to a near boil and simmer for a half hour or so.

I also throw in a few Jalapeno peppers I have frozen, a gift from my sister's garden. I cut and remove the seeds before Freezing, too hot for me with the seeds still in. Sometimes I toss in half a green bell pepper, but someone ate it already.

will finish with shredded extra sharp cheddar and optional hot sauce (red or green tobasco)

Looks yummy!!! I add sliced baby portabella mushrooms, chili beans, red, orange, yellow, and green bell peppers, onions, garlic and of course the usual tomato stuff. I LOVE LOVE making my chili with venison but we were unsuccessful this hunting season, so cow it is :thumbsup:

I add Franks red hot, cheese and crackers to mine separately, my kids are wussies when it comes to heat lol

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
daughter, and very possible future son in law, ( hasn't popped the question yet) coming over for the game.
roasted vegetable (onion , mushroom, green and red pepper and zuccini) lasagna is on the menu.
and cherry dump salad (angle food cake in chunks, cherry jello & cherry pie filling) for dessert. :wootwoot:
and different forms of libations of course.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Voymom said:
Looks yummy!!! I add sliced baby portabella mushrooms, chili beans, red, orange, yellow, and green bell peppers, onions, garlic and of course the usual tomato stuff. I LOVE LOVE making my chili with venison but we were unsuccessful this hunting season, so cow it is :thumbsup:

I add Franks red hot, cheese and crackers to mine separately, my kids are wussies when it comes to heat lol

My wife does not enjoy the fungus, so I save my mushrooms for eating out.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online