What did you do to your GMT today? [Part II]

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Well, my babied 91 motorhome sold and it's kind of bittersweet because the people who bought it will probably trash it.
I say this because when they came to pick it up I had some extras to put in their van, as they opened the slider I was hit with a cloud of cigarette smoke and the insides looked like a dumpster....alright, maybe I'm exaggerating but, it was sick.
Oh well it had a good life and they did pay up so they can do whatever ....:sadcry:
100_4870.jpeg

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Swapped the winter tires for the summers on the TB, however, one of the TPMS sensors is dead. I'll have it replaced after tire season is over at the dealership. And the tires are getting pretty old, manufactured in 2015 so this may be their last season. They're still in good condition but it's not recommended to run them more than 10 years. They're Firestone Destination AT.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I have the Destination AT/2's on my '04 TB. I really like them!
I almost pulled the trigger one those! Only dislike I had when seeing them was the thread didn't seem as aggressive as the prior A/Ts.

Took the Envoy out on the highway after it basically sat for the last 2 months. Forgot how fun the go fast pedal is when you jump from the I6 to the V8 :celebrate:

Threw a can of B12 chemtool in, and top off the tank with fresh gas while I was at it. Only issue was the CEL coming on, and a slight rough idle that slowly developed. Torque is showing the codes as pending for the Driver Upstream and Passenger Downstream sensors. Looks like my Densos are on the way out after 4 years of use. I cleared the codes for now, and will continue to driver her until they pop up again. I believe the PCM and monitors are a little out of whack from the fuse pulling/battery disconnecting.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Did the front rotors and pads on the boys Forester on Saturday. Went to do the rears and found a seized slide pin on the drivers side.

I'm not messing with it so we're ordering 2 new rear calipers.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did the front rotors and pads on the boys Forester on Saturday. Went to do the rears and found a seized slide pin on the drivers side.

I'm not messing with it so we're ordering 2 new rear calipers.
Didn't know that GM made the Forester :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: northcreek and Matt

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Ordered a new upstream and downstream O2 sensor for the Envoy. Went with NTK, seeing how the AC Delco unit was stamped with the NTK logo for the Trailblazer when I replaced it. Fingers crossed I don't cut my arms up on the heatshield again!

Also went for a car wash earlier, then it started to rain....oh and the door molding decided to snap off during the air dry. Didn't know these were unobtainium. The ones I did find are basically stickers and look nothing like what's on there. I guess I'll be spending the next few weeks peeling these off, and removing the adhesive.

Attachments

• 20240423_135726.jpg
    20240423_135726.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 6

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online