What came in your mail today?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nothing but bills

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Handful of assorted USB cables and extensions for a few projects. Also decided to pull the trigger on one of those cell phone USB borescopes. Always wanted one for being able to look at things in the EXT that are in inconvenient locations.

Due to recent projects fishing wiring through walls, realized it would come in handy when wires make a left turn when I need them to go right :bonk:

IMG_20171107_221114.jpg IMG_20171107_221154.jpg

Quality is best up close as you'd expect. There's a dimmer wheel for the LEDs, and a push button which I assume is supposed to take pictures (depending on which app you use) Doesn't work with this one, but that's no biggie.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Also decided to pull the trigger on one of those cell phone USB borescopes.

I'm also buying one but it hooks up to the laptop and has a 50' cable. I'm going to connect it to a fish tape to see where our storm drain is broken. For about $40 it's better than paying a plumber $$$ to do the same thing.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The first of my many black Friday purchases arrived tonight. Thank you Amazon Prime :biggrin:

Got myself a Makita cordless hammer drill, so my old corded B&D can be relegated to emergency backup duty. Also settled on a ceiling TV mount that's long enough for my vaulted ceiling in the living room.

IMG_20171124_223708.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Stuff20171125_134443.jpg

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Got my own USB borescope cam delivered yesterday ($12, thanks to Amazon discount). Works like a charm. My thanks to others for the idea :smile:

As an aside...ordered Thurs morning and my order was on the doorstep Sat morning - complete w/ a pic as proof of delivery on Amazon's site (!?!) No, I am not Prime.

I guess now I know why Bezos is worth $100 billion as of Friday...sheesh!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got my pair of Makita 5 Ah batteries, and dual battery charger.

IMG_20171128_180034.jpg

Also got a short 2 post server rack, and 3 shelves. These will be used for my new mini entertainment center (Home theater receiver, PS4, cable box), after I ceiling mount the 65" TV

IMG_20171128_180503.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Suspension Maxx bushings and nuts to freshen up the used end links I just had powder coated. Also got another set of tow straps mine looked a little beat up from the last time I leant them out.20171129_180000.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Was a little worried when I got home and saw THIS at my door... :worried: :eek:

IMG_20171130_170527.jpg IMG_20171130_170537.jpg

Handful of Styrofoam peanuts in the driveway, and walkway leading to the front door. Turns out, due to the way the OEM box is shaped, there was a huge void at the top of the box (no idea if there were peanuts there for support before or not) But the battery powered hedge trimmer was just fine. :thumbsup: This should make my trimming jobs much easier than using the sawzall :bonk:

IMG_20171130_170917.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Another surprise from @limequat when I got home:
IMG_20171207_011731.jpg
IMG_20171207_011743.jpg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Nothing truck related. An Xbox One S and extra controller for Connor (and me) for Chrissie. And because Walmart and UPS farked up, they're send me a duplicate that I'll have to take back to a store. And no, they didn't charge me for it so I have to take it back.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got the random air fresheners I added to an Amazon order for free shipping...

Reactions: Capote

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Finally received my order from RA, a day late (carrier issue). An air filter and encoder motor for the Saab. Got a Cardone. Sure hope it lasts. And if you're wondering why I ordered from RA in Canada, it's still cheaper than anything local or even Amazon Canada. We get seriously hosed here even with the exchange rate.

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Hello everyone, been a minute since my last post. Hope everyone is well.

Made and received another Amazon prime order...

- 20ft 4 Gauge Jumper Cables
- 20ft 10,000lbs capacity Tow Strap
- 200pcs First Aid Kit
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System Reset Tool (for DD 06 Impala)
- 5-button GM OEM Key Fob with Electronics/Motherboard (for DD 06 Impala)...
20171209_184842.jpg
20171209_184941.jpg
The Jumper Cables, Tow Strap and First Aid Kit are for permanent placement in the TB. Got the Jumper Cables since my second pair is worn out, the Tow Strap since I didn't want to lug around my slightly rusted and HEAVY Tow Chain and the First Aid Kit mainly for camping but also in case I run across a bad situation on the road. All for emergency situations mainly.

And for the DD Impala. Picked up the Tpms Reset Tool cause I was tired of letting air out to reset Sensors every time I rotated the tires. And the Key Fob cause the range on one of the original/factory remotes got horrible, like down to only 10-15ft range when it should be around 150ft.

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone!

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Those TPMS reset tools are great time savers. FWIW point it at the sensor through the tire and not the valve stem (like I first did) :duh:

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
My New HP Spectre x360 15t with the new 8550u i7 CPU, my old laptop has busted hinges on the screen, the plastic bezel around the screen won't stay together because of the busted hinges, the cable between the motherboard and LCD panel is finicky and makes the screen flicker when certain colors are displayed unless you hold it at just the right angle and the connection for the SATA Hard Drives is failing so I don't trust it for anything but cryptocurrency mining (since it has a dedicated GPU) anymore so I bought a new laptop and retired the old laptop into a mining rig which will pay the electric cost to run it and the desktop plus a VERY SMALL profit so the desktop mining will be pure profit.

Attachments

• 20171212_212116.jpg
    20171212_212116.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20171212_212127.jpg
    20171212_212127.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20171212_212139.jpg
    20171212_212139.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 3

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got a big bag of dogfood. Still amazed Prime is cheaper than walmart for it

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
This is going on my plow truck (5.7 sbc), might be overkill but, I'm sick of the old Q-jet, especially in the cold weather...no more choke....wheee!
I ordered it from Summit at 3pm yesterday and they delivered UPS today at 10am, that's awesome.
100_4092.JPG 100_4093.JPG

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
a TaoTronics TT-BA08, it's a bluetooth receiver/transmitter, you can use it to make wired headphones connect to bluetooth devices or take a 3.5mm or RCA audio output (from something like a TV audio out port) and make it a bluetooth signal that you can connect your bluetooth headphones to and the great part is there is NO LAG, I use it for making my wired headphones bluetooth because the headphone jack on this new laptop is on the wrong side and I didn't want to deal with a cable extension and watching things like Youtube, Netflix or Philo and the audio PERFECTLY matches the mouth movements, not like how my Shield TV and roku have a just noticeable fraction of a second delay.

FYI, unrelated side note, if you are looking for a new TV service provider and don't need local stations, news stations or sports networks (like if you just want Discovery and Velocity) Philo is a new live TV streaming service (like Sling, Playstation Vue, Hulu Live, Youtube TV, Fubo and DirecTV Now), the big difference is they are SUPER CHEAP because they cut out all the sports/news networks and any network owned by a company that would force them to add sports networks so they have a package at 16 bucks a month, it allows for streaming on up to 3 devices at once, has a 30 day unlimited DVR that is basically like Playstation Vues 28 day DVR where every episode that airs gets recorded and stored for 30 days, it also has a full 72 Hour Rewind on EVERY CHANNEL (but you get forced to watch commercials) and a bunch of On Demand content as well (the OnDemand I watched did not have commercials)

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
2nd design rear wiper arm / blade for the Voy.
$15.30 shipped from NJ, on the Bay.

I remember the last blade I bought for the existing arm cost almost as much - and it didn't fit. Thankfully, I discovered that in the parking lot of the parts store, and walked it right back in for a refund.

s-l275.jpg

(don't ask when I'll be pulling the old arm off to put this one on - *certainly* not anytime soon, when it would come in handy for clearing the back glass this winter!)

Reactions: Redbeard

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
So I was on Twitter early last month and randomly saw Nvidia was doing a Giveaway and all you had to do was tweet some thing to enter so naturally I entered it like I do every giveaway except this time I WON, well my prize arrived today. I now have 2 of the mot powerful gaming GPU to exist today for my computer.

2nd design rear wiper arm / blade for the Voy.
$15.30 shipped from NJ, on the Bay.

I remember the last blade I bought for the existing arm cost almost as much - and it didn't fit. Thankfully, I discovered that in the parking lot of the parts store, and walked it right back in for a refund.

s-l275.jpg

(don't ask when I'll be pulling the old arm off to put this one on - *certainly* not anytime soon, when it would come in handy for clearing the back glass this winter!)

is this purely a cosmetic upgrade or is there a reason for doing this? I vaguely recall mention of this but I forget the reason why.

Attachments

• 20171218_220950.jpg
    20171218_220950.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 7

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
is this purely a cosmetic upgrade or is there a reason for doing this? I vaguely recall mention of this but I forget the reason why.

No - I wouldn't bother if it were purely cosmetic.
The 2nd design arm is supposed to perform a better wipe across the glass (the 1st-gen arms tend to do a 'hit-and-miss' on the glass - mine does).

IIRC, I believe the newer ones also seat better into the holder / rest when they're not operating (the older ones tend to miss the holder entirely, which is a bit annoying.)

That being said, (IMO) the newer one indisputably looks better, but that's just the icing on my cake.
And hopefully, replacement blades fit the new arm better (I know they use the same size blade)

My rear wiper motor is very sluggish, so I'm going to see what I need to do with that (repair vs. replace) before swapping the arm. Thankfully, I don't need to use the rear wiper very often at all, and the defroster grid on my replacement glass works better than the old one did.

Once I get it swapped out, I'll post back with observations (in a new thread)

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I got a set of new end links for the front of my truck, and a budget 4K video card for my HTPC (although my TV isn't playing nice with it). Also got some tire valves for another oddball project I have in mind.

IMG_20171219_153000.jpg

Not pictured, some replacement electric toothbrush heads and some presents for me and my sister that our parents shipped.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Got an Amazon Fire TV Stick ($35 on a 1 day sale). My smart TV doesn't have an app for Amazon video. So far, very good except that in January, Google is pulling YouTube from it, apparently in a dispute with Amazon refusing to sell some Google products. No big loss for me since I can watch that on the smart TV.

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
Got an Amazon Fire TV Stick ($35 on a 1 day sale). My smart TV doesn't have an app for Amazon video. So far, very good except that in January, Google is pulling YouTube from it, apparently in a dispute with Amazon refusing to sell some Google products. No big loss for me since I can watch that on the smart TV.

these companies need to learn to work together, unless every software is supported on there device people will have a reason to buy a different device and if Amazon doesn't sell the other device thats not gonna get people to buy the Amazon device, they'll just completely miss out on the sale and in the end all this competition only hurts the consumer for all the hassle we have to jump through.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
No - I wouldn't bother if it were purely cosmetic.
The 2nd design arm is supposed to perform a better wipe across the glass (the 1st-gen arms tend to do a 'hit-and-miss' on the glass - mine does).

IIRC, I believe the newer ones also seat better into the holder / rest when they're not operating (the older ones tend to miss the holder entirely, which is a bit annoying.)

That being said, (IMO) the newer one indisputably looks better, but that's just the icing on my cake.
And hopefully, replacement blades fit the new arm better (I know they use the same size blade)

My rear wiper motor is very sluggish, so I'm going to see what I need to do with that (repair vs. replace) before swapping the arm. Thankfully, I don't need to use the rear wiper very often at all, and the defroster grid on my replacement glass works better than the old one did.

Once I get it swapped out, I'll post back with observations (in a new thread)
Definitely cosmetic. I had had two of them and never saw a point to swapping either on my truck since mine functions perfect and I honestly do not think the newer looks better. They kinda look like cheap plastic vs a standard wiper to me. Having owned trucks with both, there is no performance difference in my experience.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Got me some LED's from China. All colours. You take them apart and it will be easy to solder to the boards. My HVAC panel is almost all dead and different colours for each button will be cool.
IMG_20171220_174817_resized321767291.jpg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
New to me fuel door with the same colour code (U8555) for the truck. The hinge finally rusted out. Picked it up on the Bay for $31.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hunting backpack finally came

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just in time for Christmas, for the Saab. Will be installing these over the holidays so I have two functional headlights.

IMG_20171222_125450_resized1503676461.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Oh look a fun box.20171223_104439.jpg 20171223_105101.jpg 20171223_105236.jpg
As much as I don't like Holley it's actually a pretty nice carb.

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
was supposed to get here SATURDAY but stupid post office sent it to Hiawassee which is like 2-3 counties NORTH of me along this main highway and had to send it all the way back to Atlanta to get it sent back out to the right county.

Now I won't have to worry about those 1 second power outages shutting down my desktop when I'm gone at work costing me several dollars a day worth of PROFITS and the machine will stay up and running making MONEY mining Cryptocurrency all day everyday unless we have a MAJOR outage.

we had 3 or 4 outages that where just long enough to shutoff the computer in the last week that I've been actively mining, it probably cost me 20 bucks in lost potential earnings.

Attachments

• 20171226_132406.jpg
    20171226_132406.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 4

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online

No members online now.