What are you towing with yours ????

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
03envoy said:
These are my current Sleds...View attachment 3374

Looks like you could benefit from a drop hitch too. having the trailer level makes a big difference in the way they pull. I pulled my camper home with my brother-in-laws big truck once, and it was all over the place. i hook it to my truck with the drop hitch and it tows straight down the road

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
I dont have a picture of it hooked up, but this iw what I tow with mine.

Attachments

• Monterey on the water.jpg
    Monterey on the water.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Monterey pictures 031a.jpg
    Monterey pictures 031a.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: KYblazer06

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Older popup camper

View attachment 18370

With the slide over bike rack, and 18" extension.

View attachment 18371

I know she is older but, for the price I couldn't complain. Paid $500 for the camper and with new peel and stick tiles (with liquid nails), AC, Cabinets, paint, lights, and other minor repair pieces. The total was under $900. Pop Ups are outrageously expensive in this area, similar coleman ones I have seen as high as $1500, in rough shape.

View attachment 18372

The heaviest thing I have towed by far was my uncles 28' 12k lbs open deck trailer. He used it for a John Deere 4600 series tractor with front end loader and backhoe, as well as kubota 0 turn mower. Empty weight is 4600lbs, used it when we moved, est weight was 5400lbs. Truck did very well with it, stopping was a b!*ch with no trailer brake controller though.

Attachments

• 0709101452a.jpg
    0709101452a.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 0709101452.jpg
    0709101452.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 0710101235.jpg
    0710101235.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 46

tzdevill

Dec 22, 2011
Here is mine with a borrowed trailer, less than 24 hours after the truck was in my possesion. I have since got some airlift1000's to help with the rear weight. I was also carrying 3 sets of wheels, cooler, canopy and other misc stuff in the back of the trailblazer.

I am working on getting/making my own trailer so that I can add storage on the trailer and not have to put it in the truck.

Attachments

• TBUCKET AND FRANK.jpg
    TBUCKET AND FRANK.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 47

Instrumental

Jan 29, 2012
Just picked up the Saab recently, but a significant reason for it's purchase is to tow these. I'm itching to get to summer and hitch something up, I'm really looking forward to the upgrade in pulling power from my faithful Aztek.

IMG_5292.jpg

Boat003.jpg

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
SBUBandit said:
Looks like you could benefit from a drop hitch too. having the trailer level makes a big difference in the way they pull. I pulled my camper home with my brother-in-laws big truck once, and it was all over the place. i hook it to my truck with the drop hitch and it tows straight down the road

Yes! This damn trailer loves to fishtail going 80 lol! not to much fun at 80..... LMAO Thanks I am thinking maybe a 3in drop? :undecided:

sLAsh

Jan 26, 2012
No pics but I tow a 10' popup with 3 canoes and a kayak. I canoe for the dog and I, 1 for my wife and one son, a canoe or kayak for my other son depending on whether we are on a day trip or a week long canoe trip

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
03envoy said:
Yes! This damn trailer loves to fishtail going 80 lol! not to much fun at 80..... LMAO Thanks I am thinking maybe a 3in drop? :undecided:

Maybe even more. Those are pretty tiny tires. I found it easiest to get the adjustable hitch at Harbor Freight and then i can move it around depending on the trailer. That way you don't need a different drop for every trailer you pull. The adjustable one i got will go from 10" rise to 11" drop so that's a pretty big range

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
SBUBandit said:
Maybe even more. Those are pretty tiny tires. I found it easiest to get the adjustable hitch at Harbor Freight and then i can move it around depending on the trailer. That way you don't need a different drop for every trailer you pull. The adjustable one i got will go from 10" rise to 11" drop so that's a pretty big range

Sounds like the best sulution!

canadianbacon

Jan 23, 2012
Here's a couple of pictures of my Aluma trailer.

First one is the day I brought it home. The 2nd one is at one of the lookout points in the Great Smokeys, loaded with 3 bikes and the back is full of gear. Last one is helping a friend move furniture, the Bowflex in the front was hilairous. to move.

View attachment 18406

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 54

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
canadianbacon said:
The 2nd one is at one of the lookout points in the Great Smokeys, loaded with 3 bikes and the back is full of gear.

Did you ride the Dragon's Tail?

canadianbacon

Jan 23, 2012
I did, and I took the trailer with bikes on it thru the Dragon to stay in Robbinnsville, NC for the night :smile: I went thru there in April of 2011 and also October 2011. I try to hit the DealsGap and region at least once a year. Its only about 12-13 hours drive for me to get there.

Here's a couple of pics I had originally posted on Trailvoy but were taken from the Killboy site :biggrin:

View attachment 18412
SBUBandit said:
Did you ride the Dragon's Tail?

Attachments

• killboy truck 5 edited.jpg
    killboy truck 5 edited.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 47
  • killboy truck 4 edited.jpg
    killboy truck 4 edited.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 50
  • killboy truck 3 edited.jpg
    killboy truck 3 edited.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 53
  • killboy truck 1 edited.jpg
    killboy truck 1 edited.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 48

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
GMT towing GMT, lol, 1400 miles in 25 hours straight, pulled like a champ! I don't know how much it all weighed but it had a to be close to capacity for an AWD TBSS (got about 12-13mpg empty trailer and about 9 with it loaded, and that was even thru some mild mountains). (second pic is in the morning before we let the rear air ride fill up)

e9uhw8.jpg

2b44n9.jpg

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
GotAir? said:
GMT towing GMT, lol, 1400 miles in 25 hours straight, pulled like a champ! I don't know how much it all weighed but it had a to be close to capacity for an AWD TBSS (got about 12-13mpg empty trailer and about 9 with it loaded, and that was even thru some mild mountains). (second pic is in the morning before we let the rear air ride fill up)

e9uhw8.jpg

2b44n9.jpg

Wow. lol Thats two nice trucks ya got there...lol.. Wish they still made the TBSS:frown: Cause I would buy one but, by the time I get the money the truck will be like 15 lol.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
03envoy said:
Wish they still made the TBSS:frown: Cause I would buy one but, by the time I get the money the truck will be like 15 lol.

Remember the Typhoon and Cyclone, 2 very nice chevy's truck/suv was made in the early 90's. Very rare truck these days. I have seen just the body molding get $4000 if its in great condition.

Reactions: loondog33

Spong

Dec 12, 2011
GotAir? said:

Wow, you had to be at the limit! Trailer probably weighs around 2k and Envoy around 5k??

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Wow, that's a lot of money fir a freaking molding...

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Spong said:
Wow, you had to be at the limit! Trailer probably weighs around 2k and Envoy around 5k??

Remember the pics of the Roadie-Mobile on a trailer getting towed? I saw the thread on the OS. That was a feat on its own too :eek:

million-miles

Jan 10, 2012
Tried to get a pick of the inside and trailer of the TB today but phone batt was to low. I have a 4x8 trailer with 2 foot sides. I have it loaded with wood and about anouther 500 pounds in the TB. Have made about 4-5 trailer fulls and 2 TB fulls to my parents house they burn wood alot. Have had to put it in 3rd for some of the little hills i go up and down to get to there house. But even in 3rd its not turning to many rpms at 60-65. With the trail empty its about 1k pounds old trailer with 3/4 wood floor and sides. TB acts like its not even there.

DevilishT2003

Nov 21, 2011
canadianbacon said:
Here's a couple of pictures of my Aluma trailer.

First one is the day I brought it home. The 2nd one is at one of the lookout points in the Great Smokeys, loaded with 3 bikes and the back is full of gear. Last one is helping a friend move furniture, the Bowflex in the front was hilairous. to move.

View attachment 3451

Your Hypermotard or a buddies?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

Attachments

• ComTrailer.jpg
    ComTrailer.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Ranger.jpg
    Ranger.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 46

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
03envoy said:
Sounds like the best sulution!

Also, just occurred to me as I was looking at the pic of your trailer again, your fishtailing is quite possibly weight related. Those tires are pretty much dead center of the trailer, so there is not much tongue weight, which will cause fishtailing. Next time you pull it, when you load the sled, get it as far up on the trailer as you can, to shift its weight forward a little. It will put a little more weight on the truck and pull much nicer.

I just bought a utility trailer, and I plan to modify it quite a bit, but in its current setup there is no tongue weight at all, can lift it with 2 fingers. I drove 100 miles to pick it up, and had to drive 30mph home with it because of extreme fishtailing. Took 4 hours to get home, cause i had to avoid all highways.

million-miles

Jan 10, 2012
SBUBandit said:
Also, just occurred to me as I was looking at the pic of your trailer again, your fishtailing is quite possibly weight related. Those tires are pretty much dead center of the trailer, so there is not much tongue weight, which will cause fishtailing. Next time you pull it, when you load the sled, get it as far up on the trailer as you can, to shift its weight forward a little. It will put a little more weight on the truck and pull much nicer.

I was thinking the same thing to much weight behind that trailer axle and its going to be a fun ride. Also those tires look like the are short and wide make sure they are inflated properlly. If there is to much flex in the side wall they will walk on you petty bad.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Or add friction sway control. Not a fix all for lack of tongue weight but will help.

If you have electric trailer brakes and you have fishtailing (trailer sway), ease up on the gas and activate only the trailer brakes from the control unit. It will settle down quickly. That is why I like to mount the brake controller so to be accessible to both front seat passengers.

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
SBUBandit said:

I just bought a utility trailer, and I plan to modify it quite a bit, but in its current setup there is no tongue weight at all, can lift it with 2 fingers. I drove 100 miles to pick it up, and had to drive 30mph home with it because of extreme fishtailing. Took 4 hours to get home, cause i had to avoid all highways.

Just moved sleds up a bit and very little fishtailing! Thanks man!

George

Dec 8, 2011

Attachments

• 2007-chevrolet-trailblazer-tbss-towing-the-tbrs.jpg
    2007-chevrolet-trailblazer-tbss-towing-the-tbrs.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 397

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
First time towing w/ the TB. 6 x 12 trailer, about 1/2 full, towed well even w/ 20-40 mph cross and tail winds.

Attachments

• ri trip eagles 009.jpg
    ri trip eagles 009.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 37

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
ad6eb540-74dc-4966.jpg

Regulator and I goin to hardtrailz with reg's bravada towing the lifted voy. Haha priceless!!

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
I started off towing my 19' Larson. (3000lbs)

Then I went to my 258 Four Winns Vista (5500lbs)

Then I went to a 255 Four Winns Sundowner (5800lbs)

Today and from here on, I tow (8500lbs+) my 278 Four Winns Vista: :eek:

View attachment 19755

I tow my boats 1-2x per year to the boat launch and back which is 1/2 mile down the road. I live on the water, so its a matter of me launching it and driving the boat home for its summer mooring.

In the above picture which was taken 30 minutes ago, Im having it hoisted off the trailer to have the bottom painted. Envoy definitely didnt like towing this one. Thank God for the trailer having 6 electronic/hydraulic disc brakes & surge brakes and for the load leveling suspension on the 'Voy. Otherwise, I'd never risk this.

Attachments

• IMAG0454.jpg
    IMAG0454.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: 07Denali

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
d-2.jpg

Little trailer we built from a pop-up frame. Things tows amazingly well and get tons of hard use quite often. Easy to back and likely my favorite of our 7 or 8 trailers.

Wahugg

Dec 4, 2011
But the 4.2l can still pull its own, plus a wee bit of weight.

View attachment 19789
-------------------------------------------------------------
photobucket-730-1332534720440.jpg

I tow it in 4low with 3.73 gears with out any problems. I just keep it in first gear, and don't go above 10mph due to stopping distance. Plus I never leave the farm with this thing attached. To much of a legal, liability, and safety problem but it hauls nicely.

-Wahugg

Attachments

• photobucket-4682-1332534768936.jpg
    photobucket-4682-1332534768936.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 64

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.