What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
In the shed trying Christmas gifts again, keurig machine, Marley blue mountain coffee and Kahlua....

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Went hunting this morning, two days left in duck season around here. Plan on going again tomorrow since its the last day and warm enough to wade anywhere in the marsh. Now off to family Christmas #4

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Just working a little today. Wife ain't feelin' so hot today so gonna have to go home and play doctor. Also, was checkin status on a few orders I placed. My vanity mirror LEDs were supposed to be delivered yesterday and nothing came in :mad: , and I just saw that my HIDs from TRS are on backorder :hissyfit: . Hopefully not for long. WTF??

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nursing a vicious hangover

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Went out and saw Top 5 with a couple of friends. :crackup: TTF :dielaugh:

Made a run to Lowes for some little things. Took the roommie over to the park to see how rusty his bball skills were. Good workout, and a got a good sweat in. Time for a shower, some grub, and maybe see what movies are on the HTPC to watch.

Im Blazed said:
I just saw that my HIDs from TRS are on backorder :hissyfit: . Hopefully not for long. WTF??
They usually restock pretty quickly. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Sib

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hanging w kiddos

Reactions: Capote

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Removed the radiator and motor mounts today and got the passenger side replaced. Working on getting the drivers side on tomorrow along with replacing the radiator and hoses.

Reactions: Mounce
May 5, 2013
Random brewery tasks today. Pear cider needs to be transferred to a carboy and todays the day the brown porter gets mixed with a vanilla bean and rum tincture that I've been macerating for 3 weeks. Really can't wait to taste that one!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Making beer brats n deer chili

Reactions: djthumper

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Maybe take the kids out somewhere

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Sulking.....lol.

This JD 212 I just finished up started knocking a little so I checked the point gap and was still .020. Motor has about an hour on it and I heard that .012 on the points would reduce the knocking. The knocking went away but that's too retarded for the timing. I was told to pull the head and check the piston...sure enough, it was rocking back and forth at TDC.

With the piston rocked to one side, I have .021 gap at the top of the piston. Now this motor has to come back out and I will have to get with the machine shop and see what to do with a $180 piston/rod ass'y plus the machine work. Looks like the bore was cut to the skirt and the top of the piston is too small for that.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drinking before Bengals game!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Maybe during and after...

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Better

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Just made a photo album in the gallery showing my new trailer. Hoping spring comes early in 2015 :thumbsup:

Reactions: Capote

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Did this yesterday, my little weekend project.

The problem on my roomie's 07 Pontiac:

fBroYE1.jpg

Headlight harness burnt out on the low bulb. It uses some H-number bulb, so it's a little problematic finding replacements for cheap because nobody around here stocks them regularly like with the 9000-series bulb sockets.

So, I take the whole headlamp assembly down to my..... "state-of-the-art" workbench.

DpoNFtS.jpg

That wire down on the front next to the wire tool is part of the old wire. See how it has a crimp on each end!? Yeah, I thought the same thing. Stock wiring in the headlamp is AWG16, it had the necessary wires leading up to a crimp, then a 2" run of AWG12 (the yellow wire in between the crimps), then another set of crimps up on the butt-end of the harness itself, which tells me this isn't the first time this happened either. The harness was missing its waterproofing ring, I'm not sure if it burnt up or didn't exist (saw no evidence of it either way) the new harness has it.

So, a bit of wire cutting, stripping, soldering, and heatshrinking.... bam!

HbeTIy9.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
No rest for this IT guy. Main virtual server at work is throwing fits. Randomly starts dropping system services but they never fully stop, and the whole thing gradually grinds to a halt :no: Don't think it is a hardware issue since all the other virtual servers on the same hardware are perfectly fine. Weird one, this is.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Back to cube

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ran some errands this morning. Got groceries, and hit up the liquor store for NYE preparations. :biggrin: :Lager Louts:

Arguing with an Ebay seller about how the switchbacks they sent me do not match their listed description (AO, but I got AW) and one of the bulbs has its internal contacts reversed, so it flashes WA :duh: So I want to send them back for a refund. They asked me to send them pics using Ebay's message system... Well static pics don't show you flash patterns, and you can't upload video, so I ended up shooting a short vid with my cell, and doing some Photochopping to convert it to a GIF. Let's see if THIS gets my point across.

no bueno :no:
Cenn2010-Switchbacks.gif

wehowardjr

Nov 12, 2014
Decided to clean the throttle body. My first reaction when I removed the resonator and opened the butterfly was WTF!!!! The TB has 148,555 miles and I believe the last time the inside of the throttle body saw daylight was when installed at the factory. There was so much crap built up behind the butterfly it literally looked like a miniature mountain range. I ran my finger over it and could feel the ridges. There is no need for neglect like that, totally stupid. I cleaned it up, reinstalled and pulled the two PCM fuses. It was running good before the cleaning, it should now run fantastic.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Tilted Kilt is awesome. Love the waitresses uniform :yes:

Drinking a beer getting ready for kickoff.
We just got a tilted kilt here, been pondering checking it out some time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online