What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Hanging with my son this morning then work this afternoon/night. Then I'll come home and watch some Gold Rush :yes:

Reactions: dmanns67

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
well let's see...cleared frost off the vehicle this morning, did PMCS, drank coffee (x5), got a mission brief, waited, waited, ate lunch, waited some more...now it's 2032hrs and mission is still on standby

oh yeah, I deployed again folks...forgot to mention did I?

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
in the lab. just found a engine dyno near me, Woohoo!

Reactions: xavierny25

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Ran some errands this morning and hit the grocery. No weekend work scheduled for me. Nothing planned for the weekend other than shopping for a snow blower.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Going to the local pull-a-part, seems they have 4 TB's in stock. I need a new glovebox light switch and I'll see what else they've got.

Taking the new pup to the vet for first shots.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
working, watching jets fly, working, choking on dust, cleaning the AO, eating chow(UGR-A's)...that's about it...admin day

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Went to the outlet mall with a lady friend. Stopped in the Adidas store and came across these, WTF?

20160130_134538.jpg

Besides that, taught my friend how to check her tire pressure, and use an inflator. All in all, a productive day. :yes:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Nothing too exciting today. Catching up on the DVR and relaxing. Checked tire pressure and added some air to the tires on the TB. Ordering a new ignition switch from Rock Auto currently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sib

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Consolidated everything into one storage unit, threw out 80% of things I had from both of my units. All that's left besides this is very few items in my apartment. I'm glad I don't own a lot of things.
IMG_20160131_160120.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Reading through and filling out paperwork prior to my first day at the new gig tomorrow. Caught a couple of plays in the Pro Bowl by mistake, quickly remembered why I don't watch it. :no:

I'm glad I don't own a lot of things.

Being a packrat can be a pain in the ass, trust me on that one. :ugh:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I was a huge one when it came to storage units. Especially after my ex left with the kids. I held on to a lot of stuff she didn't take with her and stuff left behind that was the kids, or just shit she didn't take from our apartment. I guess I was attached to those items still since they were in our home. I got rid of all that shit now. Only kept a few small things of my kids and ALL their clothes. I can never part with those I must say.
Whatcha got in the tall black case.....:salivate:
A break barrel 1300fps airgun from when I was in High School. Hasn't been opened since then

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
A break barrel 1300fps airgun from when I was in High School. Hasn't been opened since then

Nice, ironically I aquired one myself in high school when overseas...a Weihrauch HW-35. There were a few others I had my eye on but this one worked out....not as powerful as others but not too bad.

Reactions: Capote

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
Consolidated everything into one storage unit, threw out 80% of things I had from both of my units. All that's left besides this is very few items in my apartment. I'm glad I don't own a lot of things.

looks like my storage unit, with an exception...my TB is also in there

today...hmmm...observing 1S1S getting the crap pounded out of them this morning, would like to say its payback for the last two days, but I'll leave that there...all I can say is our guns are bigger and our targeting is much better

Reactions: Sib and Capote

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
After a long weekend of working, just relaxing at home with my son, and working later. There is a guy from my home town that was signed to the Pittsburg Pirates 40-man roster so he is going to go to big league spring training and hopefully make the 25-man roster from there. Well he is still home so he's coming up to my baseball academy later today and wants me to throw him some batting practice. He got called up to the big leagues in 2014 with the Padres. Kinda cool to throw BP to a major leaguer. :cool:

Reactions: dmanns67 and Matt

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
end of day closing in soon...been watching and hearing air strikes this afternoon

I'm in between two 1S1S held areas, so it's a bit hectic here.

(I use 1S1S so when people search for the other stupid name it doesn't pull up our forum, make sense?)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for da man

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
More job applying and packing things up to move

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Reading through and filling out paperwork prior to my first day at the new gig tomorrow. Caught a couple of plays in the Pro Bowl by mistake, quickly remembered why I don't watch it. :no:

Hope the first day of the new job goes well for you :thumbsup: I too watched about 5 minutes of the Pro Bowl and thought I might have been watching a walk through practice or warm-ups :no: No wonder the stadium was half empty.

As for me, back at work. Hoping my new ignition switch arrives at least by Tuesday so I can install it while the temps are around 60*F.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hope the first day of the new job goes well for you :thumbsup:

That sure was a huge change!!! At my old job, I worked 7am - 3:30pm, and it was great, had plenty of time after work to run errands, and not worry about getting stuck in rush hour traffic. Now I work 8:30 - 5, and it's just plain weird. :weird:

Even though I had been sleeping until 8:30 to 9am most days for the past 2 weeks, and set my alarm clock for 7:30, I still woke up at my usual 6am. :hopeless: Figured there'd be more traffic at 8am compared to quarter to 7, but nope... Ended up getting to the office WAY early. IT dept didn't have my computer ready, but luckily my friend is also my boss, so I sat in his office shadowing him, watching and goofing off.

The office is a pretty laid back atmosphere, and everyone was quite friendly. Did get 1 person ask me to do the stupid dance not even 30 seconds after getting introduced to them :suicide: There's always one...

Now I'm on the couch watching ESPN stuff on the DVR, and eyeballing the fridge. Think some spaghetti leftovers are in order! :yes:

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
earlier, I was admiring all the contrails of the bombers that had flown over Ramadi dropping care packages in 200 and 500 pound increments

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Sitting around at home being sick.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
At home sick
That sucks. Hope ya feel better with the rest.

I'm waiting in the lobby at my Dr office waiting to be seen for a 1030am appointment scheduled a month ago. It's now 1055am and I'm getting agitated.
Can not wait to be seen, have blood taken, and tell him about the anxiety, demand something fast acting to take short term. Xanax, adavin, valium, klotapin, etc.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Still sitting in the lobby at the dr office waiting for my 1030am appointment. Wonder what kind of reaction I would get if i asked for a copy of my records. I can live with 20 minutes but a fracking hour is too much.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Finally in an exam room 1hr 36 minutes after the scheduled appointment time. Wonder how long it will be before the dr gets in here.

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
No work for me today. Just hanging at home. It's about 35° and raining and sleeting. Good day to chill out and do nothing. Looking forward to watching my Blackhawks tonight after they were off during the NHL All Star weekend.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Finally home. I can eat and drink. Had to fast before blood work and provide a urine specimen. Sitting in there hungry as frack with a full bladder. I know if i had pee'd that there would not be any more until i drank something.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
The job applications continue...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Day #2 of shadowing in the books. IT finally got my PC hooked up around 3:30, so I got all excited to get to do some work for an hour or so before heading home, but then my boss couldn't locate my credentials to get into the main system. FAIL!! :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online