What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Worked today and just got home from MILs house. Fired up the grill over there and threw some brats on. Washed em down with an ice cold beer. Now I'm just gonna chillax at home in the AC.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Ringing another shop that I'm told should have no worries removing the diff seal with the axle already removed.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
At the work place

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Drilling holes.
uploadfromtaptalk1437397191647.jpg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Matt said:
Ringing another shop that I'm told should have no worries removing the diff seal with the axle already removed.
Success! They'll do it despite the axle already being out of the truck.

Reactions: Blckshdw and Sparky

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
Aarkon said:
Had a great first day at the new job the boss even took me out to lunch it was great I have never had a company want me so much and pay so well!
Exactly the reason why I'm still with the same company after 23 years.

Relaxing drinking a beer and thinking of what to do with my time of 4 weeks when the kids are away. Woohoo

Reactions: Mounce and Aarkon

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Trained again as a server. The boss lady said I need a couple more training shifts due to confidence. I can't complain since I get free food for every shift I train. uploadfromtaptalk1437509396027.jpg

Reactions: Porkins

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Hit the gym this morning then removed the fog lights from the TB. I guess due to the heat and humidity lately, I have some moisture issues going on :hissyfit: I guess I am going to dig the RTV out of the vent hole and cover it with a Gore-Tex patch to allow for some air flow.

Also, going to angle up the projectors a little more so they shine further down the road. I think when I over tightened the screw and cracked the housing, the projectors shifted down slightly. The cutoff shines on the road 30ft out front of the vehicle.

Currently at work now.

Reactions: Blckshdw and Sib

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
First two days of our 10 mini camp in the books. We look good so far. Lots of young talent showing signs of being key pieces this year. We lost a lot of senior leadership in graduation, but the returning upperclassmen are bought in to the program and have done great all summer with our incoming freshman class. Only time will tell, but I'm exactly for this season.
With football back, my days are nice and busy. Which has kept my brain from wondering how it could spend money on my truck or the lady's new jeep

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Did something I have never done before, well large scale. I rebuilt the carburetor on our Honda 200s, aka changed the jets, hosed with carb cleaner and put new o-rings in and called it a day. So any way, the boat has been acting funny, surging idle, like it had a hot cam, but being a 4 cylinder and not a sbc, A. there would be no gain to that at all in a boat. And B. the tank vents openly, aka not sealed. So, since there was no stabilizer in it while it sat for the last 2 months, the borderline carb finally went. It was partially rebuilt a few years ago, as in carb cleaner and new float. This time, I fully stripped it and soaked it in simple green and water in a harbor freight ultrasonic tank. It worked extremely well and actually looks brand new.
Dirty:
20150721_184842.jpg
20150721_193258.jpg
Cleaned:
20150721_205610.jpg
20150721_205615.jpg
Cleaned and assembled:
20150721_231056.jpg
20150721_231111.jpg
20150721_231118.jpg
20150721_231854.jpg
Old stuff that was replaced with the kit:
20150721_231907.jpg

I was originally going to have a shop do it, but when I was quoted about 500$ I was just so sticker shocked that I reconsidered. Granted it is on the table still and not running on the boat, but I feel confident. So the break down on price, About 90$ for the ultrasonic cleaner, and 56$ for the rebuild kit. Not bad if you ask me, savings of about 360$ (at the moment.)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Half day in cube then more drywall work in basement and maybe frame up the bathroom

Reactions: Matt and AManders6

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Wish I had just a half day in the cube today. I've done some productive things, and fixed a couple of small glitches in my web application, still have a ways to go before it's all set. After getting over those hurdles, all my motivation left the office and I think is on its way to the beach. 2 and a half hours down, way too many more to go for me... :frown:

Trolling the GameFAQs forum for some reading on a couple of old PS3 games I've been playing lately. Such a hugely different format from here, no attachments or inline images, no post counts or join dates, or anything shown in threads. That whole delete your own posts ability throws me off, but I guess it makes sense, since sometimes noobs here wonder why they can't do it. :compu-punch:

Reactions: AManders6

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Finished up the first half of our practice today. Time for a little break and classroom session before hitting the field for offense

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Flying to NY to see my twins, it's been 5 months since I last saw them
uploadfromtaptalk1437576868720.jpg

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Hit the gym then came home and worked on my fog lights. Surprisingly, the RTV was not terrible to remove. Took about 40 minutes to get one fog light apart, I was expecting hours.

Cooking up some egg whites and toast for lunch then off to work.

Reactions: Blckshdw and Capote

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Had some free time so pulled the cluster out of my '05 Impala in order to have it rebuilt. Not my DD since getting the TB and the boy doesn't care for the speedo only working when it feels like it. Broke one clip on the dash panel when popping it out, which is pretty good for me and fragile items. Bringing it to a local shop because, yeah, fragile. I'm more comfortable with a job requiring a breaker bar or BFH.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
In the cubicle... It kind of sucks after being at camp for a week in the Sierras

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
In my random pokings around the interwebz today instead of working, stumbled on this pic. A remake of Ghostbusters is being released in June 2016, and is having an all female crew. Based on the names cast, I am intrigued, this could be pretty good. :undecided:

From L to R: Leslie Jones, Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon

CJk7RsLWUAAZg1K.jpg

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Slinging pizza, car club meeting after that, then out to a buddies place for a visit...possibility of this being followed by researching application requirements for the RCMP...

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Darkrider_LS said:
Slinging pizza, car club meeting after that, then out to a buddies place for a visit...possibility of this being followed by researching application requirements for the RCMP...
Those poor souls....

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Blckshdw said:
In my random pokings around the interwebz today instead of working, stumbled on this pic. A remake of Ghostbusters is being released in June 2016, and is having an all female crew. Based on the names cast, I am intrigued, this could be pretty good. :undecided:

From L to R: Leslie Jones, Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon

CJk7RsLWUAAZg1K.jpg
Mate, you're a month or two late with that news... :raspberry: :biggrin:

Today I'm waiting for a call to tell me that the diff seal is fixed.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Real deal on the carb. Runs great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwSqtqF-gb0&feature=youtu.be

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Called the AC guy, he'll be available early next week to hook up the refrigerant lines and fire it up!
I wanted to get the lines through the wall this evening but I had to get the grass cut first, and it was really thick in the back and side from not being cut in a few weeks. Took quite a while to get it cut and by the time I was done it was getting dark. Oh well. Tomorrow after work it is!

Reactions: Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Researching PS3 failure resolution for me (although I should be working) Wanted to do a little gaming this morning before coming in to work, and left my PS3 on overnight, so I could skip the boot up, and loading screens for the game. Got to play for maybe 20-25 minutes, then it beeped 3 times, and the screen goes dark. :confused:

:ugh: Look down, the red light is flashing. :eek: :wowfaint: Preliminary Googling says either the GPU has detached from the motherboard and needs to be resoldered, and/or the thermal paste between the GPU and heat sink has dried out, crumbled away, and isn't doing it's job. I do remember the unit being a little warm, but hell the thing had been on for 12 hours... Both seem to be easy fixes for the mod bug, but additional research will be done.

USPS tracking says my new stepper motors should be delivered today, so I'll be breaking down my interior after work. My soldering iron will be busy tonight and tomorrow, that's for damn sure! :yes:

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Just fetched the cluster for the Impala from the rebuilder so I'm gonna toss that in real quick. $125 was fair enough but I do wish I had the patience for that kind of work because the dude had a pile of them there. Easy money for a guy who likes to solder.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Just got done finally installing my ZZP gauge pod with a boost and voltage gauge on my DD Cruze. I bought everything 3 months ago and just haven't had the urge to do anything lol...

20150723_162912_zpsewvwikdw.jpg

T on the factory boost line..
20150723_162250_zpsav0eienw.jpg

20150723_182709_zpsn6tihhrn.jpg

And overall progress of the Cruze. Friggin love this car! I fill it up maybe twice a month with gas. Awesome MPG's! Windows are getting tinted Monday and HID'S are awaiting to be ordered.
20150723_182627_zpsbbyrigrl.jpg

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Workin a little today, picking up my son from Daycare, and then heading home to order some pizza and throw back a few barley pops (that's beer for you young bucks out there :raspberry: ). Wife and I have been sick (her mostly) over the last week and finally starting to feel better.

Reactions: dmanns67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CISR2K

Members Online