What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
At the shop getting some work in. Going to try to get a bunch of trim steels detailed so we can send to the wire cutter on Monday

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
Checking the brakes and wheel bearings, as well as putting new tires on my camper trailer.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Went to a friend's house to install a new kitchen faucet. Sink should be set and holes drilled already, just need to do the actual faucet install I was told... Get there, the guy who mounted the sink had not done the holes yet and there were NO parts there to hook up the faucet with or the drains. Great.

So he goes to drill the hole and only has a 2.5" saw with him. Ummmm that's a no go. So he goes home to get another one... ends up going to the store, getting a whole kit (OK), measures the bottom of the faucet which is about 1.25" on the threaded portion, and proceeds to drill the hole. I go to mount it and he's drilled a 1.75" hole so there is a lot of play in it. Dang it man is it that hard to drill the right size hole! Then I find out that he yanked the old sink out before disconnecting the RO faucet and busted the fitting off the bottom :rolleyes:

Get the faucet mounted, measure out for the supply lines I'll need, go to the store... can't find the fitting for the RO. OK, I'll have to order that. Then at the register they can't find someone's stuff in the system so that takes a while, then the cash drawer gets stuck closed... The day sucked up to this point lol. Good thing is, faucet and drains did NOT leak on the first try, so once I got back to the house it took no time at all to finish up.

TL;DR
Went to install a faucet for a friend, job ended up a fair bit bigger and more frustrating than it should have been.

Reactions: Mounce and Sib

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Relaxing while all the buds are at work. Work and possibly the car meet later tonight...my ride feels so out of place at these meets. :no:

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Helped my dad coach a few baseball games this morning. Now at work. Heading home around 3 to chill out the rest of the day. It's actually very pleasant out so I feel like sitting around and drinking a few barley pops and throwing something on the grill later.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Put the tires in the dirt. Hit up the fireman's fest for chicken dinner. Now a lil rest n go back to check out the beer garden.

Reactions: gmcman

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Dealing with this.... A solid 3" of water and rising. Yay.

Attachments

• WP_20150627_001.jpg
    WP_20150627_001.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 17

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Went to the corvette museum in bowling green ky with my brother, nephews, and brother-in-law. Looked at some sick cars and learned about the corvettes history.

20150627_122621_zpsubiqfrdz.jpg

20150627_131745_zpsbm3iskgh.jpg

20150627_130111_zpscdh3rb5o.jpg

20150627_124846_zpsbrkkjngb.jpg

When we came out of the musume a few hours later we went to investigate some race track noises. We found a brand new race track that was running motorcycles. But we also saw a small auto cross course setup in the parking lot. They were running a stingray corvette, ferrari, and lamborghini. For three laps they were charging $100 for the ferarri and lamborghini. $75 for the corvette. After some talking i drove all three for $150 and an ice cold water for everyone on their team.

I have driven an autocross before in a nissan maxima. For a FWD passenger sedan it handled great. But all three of these cars handled like a dream.

The lamborghini drove like it was on rails. I pushed it hard through first and second gear the majority of the track getting up to 75mph and only hit third in the straight away getting up to 120mph. When you mash the gas it forces you back into the seat.

The ferarri had minor over steer but handled like a dream. Ran it through first and second gear through most of the track getting up to 70mph around the curves and only hit third on the straight away getting up to 110.

The corvette had some under steer and the traction control engaged alot. Ran it through the track in first and second getting up to 70mph only hitting third in the straight away getting up to 110mph. On the third lap i asked if i could disable the traction control. The copilot agreed saying i was the best driver he had rode with all day. This car is a beast and drifted beautifully. It was the most fun to drive.

20150627_154034_zps9tfgscuy.jpg

20150627_154241_zpsl1xqqmmk.jpg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
AManders6 said:
Dealing with this.... A solid 3" of water and rising. Yay.
Sump pump fail? If so, I know all about it, just got the carpet replaced again, now I have to do some touch up paint and put the base boards back on.

Reactions: AManders6

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Matt said:
Sump pump fail? If so, I know all about it, just got the carpet replaced again, now I have to do some touch up paint and put the base boards back on.
there isn't a dedicated one in my basement, so I I put my portable one down there and ran its hose outside and down my driveway. We are in the process of "finishing" the basement to appease the bank inspector so its not too big a deal. There wasn't much down there to ruin, just some tools and thankfully they were up on my work table. This will hopefully get the bank of their butts and get them here and gone so I can tear everything out, seal my foundation, install a proper sump, and be relatively water free.

As to what im doing today, ill be pumping my basement some more, then I have to go pump and evacuate my aunts basement, and go fix some things around my grandparents house that were blown around in the wind. Joys of living between a river and a lake

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Church. Family reunion. Relax n recover this evening.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
AManders6 said:
there isn't a dedicated one in my basement, so I I put my portable one down there and ran its hose outside and down my driveway. We are in the process of "finishing" the basement to appease the bank inspector so its not too big a deal. There wasn't much down there to ruin, just some tools and thankfully they were up on my work table. This will hopefully get the bank of their butts and get them here and gone so I can tear everything out, seal my foundation, install a proper sump, and be relatively water free.

As to what im doing today, ill be pumping my basement some more, then I have to go pump and evacuate my aunts basement, and go fix some things around my grandparents house that were blown around in the wind. Joys of living between a river and a lake
That sucks. We had no power for 7 or so hours with 2 thunder storms and the sump flooded the basement again for the 2nd time in 14 months. I just installed a battery backup pump so it won't happen again.

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Backpressure test. Checking to see if my fluctuating rear O2 sensor is the result of a clogging cat.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Back at work.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Setting up for my wife's art show that opens Thursday afternoon. Then, going on last business trip with this employer. Home tomorrow night, then continue new direction search.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Slinging pizza then going home and gaming most likely since I have tomorrow off

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Hanging with my nephews this morning, 5 years old and almost 2. I love my nieces and nephews. Spending time with me continually reassures me that I'm not in any hurry to have children. They give me any fix I need

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Off today. Ran some errands with my little guy earlier. Now he's taking a nap and I'm bout ready to clean and organize the garage. Having some family over tonight for drinks and dinner. My god mother and her husband are coming over and he told me he's being his bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. Mmmm mmmm mmmmmm. Just love the taste of that. Best tasting scotch I've ever had.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:blinkhuh: Am I seeing things, or does the middle section also have a door handle too? :confused:

As for me, another day in the cube. Been fighting with the old property management company, as they haven't given me my deposit back, and I handed them the keys a month ago. They told me last week, I was getting the full amount back, but here we are and I still got nothing but pocket lint to show for it. :mad:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Taught an archery class a little bit ago. Working till 5:30, then not working after 5:30. Bought some of that "Not Your Father's Rootbeer" yesterday and have a couple left, so will be throwing back a few of those...along with some Sam Adams Rebel Rider IPA (blue label).

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Drove down to Tennessee yesterday with my fiance and our family. Lake Norris, this place is beautiful.
Currently relaxing and eating some delicious tacos before loading up the boat and heading out for some fishing, beer, and cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online