Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Reactions: mrrsm

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Thursday night - Brakes and struts on the Envoy. Still has a vibration. Gonna have to drop it off at a shop cause I cant figure it out.
Friday - Built my Plex server. I5-12600k, 2x16gb memory, 500g NVME and 500g SSD, BluRay Combo Drive, and a 1.5TB storage drive.
Saturday - Childrens Museum, Chinese for Lunch, Aquarium, Chik-A-Filet for Dinner
Sunday - Finished server, 3x 14TB Enterprise Seagate Exos HDD installed, which corrupted my Windows 11 install from Friday. Reinstalled windows 10, upgraded to 11, got the Raid installed. Intel RST is going to take a week or MORE to sync those drives I am betting. 24 hours in, and I am only at 8%. Simple math says 10 days! Hope my old server holds out! Than another 4-5 days to transfer data from old server to new I think. 10.5 TB of data. No drive swapping can happen. Old server is 6x 4TB Raid drives in a Dell Enterprise enviroment.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Had a good first day at the new job. Quite busy, drove 8 people and brought out 3 vehicles for customers. This is a BIG dealership, first one I've seen with its own cafeteria. And the vehicle I was driving today? A new Cadillac SUV (Acadia/Traverse equivalent). Nice ride and fully equipped. The cameras are freaky, shows the car from above while backing, as if from a satellite pic. And I get a butt massage if I get too close to the vehicle in front or close to objects while backing. Connected my phone wirelessly to it and Android Auto worked flawlessly, unlike my truck which disconnects and pukes regularly, and they're basically the same. I'm gonna have to get it checked for an update.

I think I'm going to enjoy this. Driving around all day in a new Caddy burning someone else's gas :biggrin:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Just to drive some stinkey little Nissan later this week? :smile:

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
I'm sick but not dead so I took a few old rifles out and did a little shoot. My KK UIT did not disappoint. Tried out one of the FN Browning SA rifles, which may need the barrel depth adjusted as it had misfeeds and stoppages. Then tried my Winchester Model 99 thumb trigger which had hard extractions with both short and long rifle. I'll try some different brands and hope to figure it out. Then tried an old Stevens Marksman. Shot great and worked really good with some shot shells too.

Then this evening I tried to finish up the fuel filters on the skid steer. The primary filter/water separator went well the other day but shame on JD for not including a new o ring for the canister so here's hoping the old one holds up. The final fuel filter was obviously cranked on by some mechanical gorilla at the factory. Had bent my strap wrench so I picked up a plier style from Kampuchean Tire. Tried that and was close to tearing the damn thing. Maybe tomorrow when I have no timings to meet I'll crank the thing as best as I can and if it tears open, a hammer and chisel will come next. Worst case is the filter head is easy to unbolt and the whole thing can go in a vice. F'ing JD.

Attachments

• 20230328_104921.jpg
    20230328_104921.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230328_105154.jpg
    20230328_105154.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230328_105238.jpg
    20230328_105238.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 1

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Alright, I picked up a plier style filter remover and tackled the final fuel filter on the skid steer. I knew it was likely that I would tear the metal canister and have to resort to alternative methods but still tried. It began to tear and leak so I flipped the filter head on the bracket to better grip the filter base.... no dice. Hammer and chisel came out and progress was made. New filter in, no leaks and we are farting through silk. Had better, had worse but luckily access was good. Then blew out all the cabin and air filters and cooling stack.

I got some other odds and ends to do and then hoping to take out more rifles.

Attachments

• 20230329_132615.jpg
    20230329_132615.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230329_133324.jpg
    20230329_133324.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 4

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Pretty unproductive day in the office. I'm on vacation all next week, so unless someone asked me for help with something, I was all about faking it. Lots of internet window shopping for a possible drip irrigation setup :undecided: There's always something...

When I got home, took advantage of the break in humidity to deal with some roots that were pushing up some of the pavers out back. I've always noticed some of the raised areas, but now some are bad enough to be a tripping hazard for anyone who doesn't know they're there and isn't looking.

20230329_171134.jpg

In most cases the pavers were pushed up enough that they freely lifted from their spots, the biggest one had a ton of ants under it. Unloaded a can of Raid on them, and the surrounding pavers, to settle that real quick.

20230329_171224.jpg

Ran the sawzall through the roots real quick, yanked the pieces out, smoothed out the sand, and put the pavers back. Quickly realized I needed a tamper in my arsenal, but will probably just scoop out some of the sand/soil later, so they seat better and level with the rest.

20230329_171710.jpg

we are farting through silk.
OK that's a new one! 🤣 What the hell does that even mean?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Randomly looked at my electric bill, and noticed a credit. I had a rebate from my solar panels when I got them years ago, but I burned through that late last year, so I was accustomed to seeing the service fees show up.

Took a closer look on the last few bills, and saw that I had a net metering credit last month, which gets paid out annually. Made almost $100 🤑 which translates into 3 more months of not having to pay the nickel and dime service charges. :biggrin: Always a good feeling to see some return on the investment.

richphotos

Feb 26, 2016
St. Louis Park, MN
Trailing arm snapped (other was bad and had the parts already)
And man o man when both are broke that's quite interesting, lots of vibration at anything above 15mph.
Luckily it was coming off of a stop and we were not far from home.
The mounts were pretty gnarly but there was enough there to work with. Rides much better now.
I do see they sell the brackets all over the place online now 😆

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, interesting couple of days. Yesterday's ice storm was fun driving around in. Get home from work, all's good until.about 10pm when a transformer blew and the power went out. Luckily I have a power bank that I can use to run my CPAP machine to sleep with.

Today, power still out. Made coffee using the old kettle on the gas stove. Driving in to work, lots of lights out. No power at the dealership neither. Wound up scraping the ice off a ton of cars and taking vehicles back to customers since the shop has no power neither. Some are stuck in the lifts. At home, my son got the generator working so the house is fine. So now just sitting on my ass while waiting for 5 o'clock to come. No internet at home so this may be it for me today.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well, 4 year old got sick early this week. 2 year old got it the next evening. Last night, the wife and I got it. 2 month old is the lone hold-out.

Just a cold but it is making my brain feel like mush. Good thing I got my big projects at work pretty much done earlier this week because it would be hard to do them with my head like this.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So day 3 no power at home. Genny is still working fine. Neighbour I loaned another generator to messaged me this morning that he couldn't start it. I had shown him how to start it... Close the choke and push the start button and when it starts, open the choke. He had closed the fuel instead :duh:

Data on my phone still wasn't working. Figured it was a network issue caused by the ice storm. Got the WiFi up and running again so cable internet was working.

Then pack up as we were heading to North Bay to visit our granddaughter and family. Drive was good. Used only a quarter tank of diesel for the almost 400km drive, even with a headwind. Damn cell data still not working. Called the provider tech support and, embarrassingly, found out I accidentally turned off cellular data :duh::duh::duh:

Cheyenne731

Apr 9, 2023
Lincoln, Maine
First day at work and come home to the forum down! Just when I was reaching for the bottle, I was able to get back on so personal crisis averted :biggrin:

Went very well, nice place and people to work with. Driving around in a brand new Pathfinder wasn't bad at all. Day went fast shuttling people back and forth and doing errands. My trainer told me it should get busy for the month of April as people get their winter tires swapped out for the summers so some extra hours. And best of all, free coffee :coffee:

Another training day tomorrow and then I start next Thur. This extra cash will be welcome since Mrs. Moose may be going on strike so money will be even more scarce than it is now. :ugh:
Nothing to do with your post. Wasn’t sure how to get hold of you. I have been told that you have diagrams for a 2005 Chevy TB

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Enjoying some warm weather for a change. Got some skid steer work done and then did the usual maintenance on the 3500. As you will see in the staged photos, she's running semi synthetic 10w30 thats made from Canadian oil in a refinery right here in Saskatchewan (i always love to give a shout out to Canadian energy). I did both fuel filters this go around. I'll extend the front one out from the 2:1 to 3:1. That rear filter just plain does a good job. While a bit discolored, its no worse off then the ones I pulled at 24,000km as this one is at 48 and over two years. No degradation that I could find. Then greased up the cardan and away we go. No leaks and I only spilled a bit of diesel on the front diff.

Attachments

• 20230409_111644.jpg
    20230409_111644.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230409_114907.jpg
    20230409_114907.jpg
    586.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230409_120147.jpg
    20230409_120147.jpg
    634.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230409_141950.jpg
    20230409_141950.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 6

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Nothing to do with your post. Wasn’t sure how to get hold of you. I have been told that you have diagrams for a 2005 Chevy TB
Im assuming you got what you were looking for... If not, all you have to do is look at the entire post by @Mooseman , its in every post he ever makes on where to get them.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Had to air up the rear left tire on the van this morning, apparently it has a really slow leak because it threw the low pressure light a few months ago. Did it again over the weekend. Not bad enough to mess with, but just confirmed I need to check it a bit more regularly.

A lot of stuff went on hold this weekend as the wife and I felt like crap. Just mostly a head cold, but still when your head feels like it is full of crap and the kids are running around playing loudly it is hard to think or feel like doing anything. Still a bit "full-headed" and have a residual annoying cough that needs to get the heck outta here.

Good weather this week, so hoping to get some springtime outdoor prep stuff done. Wash cars, get the mower running, the snowblower drained and ready to just sit, and take down the Christmas lights that are still hanging on the gutters - I'm like the only one in the entire county with them still on the house :poke:

Oh, side note - the van is nice, and certainly a much better fit for 3 little kids in car seats, but... I do miss my truck.

Reactions: Matt and BrianF

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
.. the van is nice, and certainly a much better fit for 3 little kids in car seats, but... I do miss my truck.
I am considering getting a min-van as well... FOR THE WIFE!!!

I am already getting a 3 row SUV next year. She can get the mini-van.. When I find the right one. The Kia Carnival was at the top of my list.. But then saw this today..

Still would like to find a Buick Terraza/Pontiac Montana SV6/Saturn Relay/Chevy Uplander AWD with the right options, and odometer reading.

Like this,, But with lower miles!

Or this..

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Check my signature for links to the manuals.

Another day at work. Not crazy busy but steady. Got busy when I was the only driver left to shuttle clients during the last 3 hours. Wound up staying an extra hour to pick up the last clients. Tonight I feel beaten like rented mule.
:yawn:

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The drought we're in is starting to affect my trees. Lots of leaves out back and the mango tree is dropping a lot of the little fruits off. Decided to give them some water, and drain the rain barrel I use to fill my tank sprayer. It's been setup for a year, figured I'd look inside and see how much debris had found its way in from the gutter. I had seen some leaves come through the hose, so who knows how much was in there.

Got it drained and spun the cap off, and it was much cleaner than I expected. Just a lot of fine material, that sprayed out with the hose. Now it's all nice and clean and ready for the next big rain. :2thumbsup:

20230411_175615.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I am considering getting a min-van as well... FOR THE WIFE!!!

I am already getting a 3 row SUV next year. She can get the mini-van.. When I find the right one. The Kia Carnival was at the top of my list.. But then saw this today..

Still would like to find a Buick Terraza/Pontiac Montana SV6/Saturn Relay/Chevy Uplander AWD with the right options, and odometer reading.

Like this,, But with lower miles!

Or this..
It just didn't make any sense to trade in the '13 Civic on the van. Sure, we would have owed less, but the Civic has just under 100k miles still and is basically free of rust. The truck was 5 years older, nearly 240k miles, and leaving rust souvenirs everywhere I went. It wasn't going to last that much longer (2-3 years maybe depending on how bad the body rust got).

My ideal situation is to get the van paid off and sometime get another truck by selling the Civic. In normal times, I could see this working out. These days, well, the future is full of uncertainties and lots of potential of mayhem, so who knows.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I snapped my favorite mini furniture dolly :sadcry: I typically use it with my air jack to lift the front of the EXT, since with the suspension lift, I need to bump up the jack just a little bit for full extension to get the tires off the ground, plus the casters make the air jack easier top maneuver without dragging on the garage floor.

Normally there's never an issue, it will bow a little bit under the truck's weight, but it goes right up and down easily. This time, I didn't have the jack centered, and before I got even halfway up... CRACK!! :eek: Had to use the bigger one, a piece of plywood, and some blocks underneath for reinforcement. Maybe buy 2 smaller ones, just because... :undecided:

20230414_165419.jpg20230414_165433.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
TGIF. Freaking crazy at the dealership since it's tire swapping season. I've had to move several vehicles with these "shifters" and they're garbage, even worse than the new electric ones.

IMG_20230414_163744_resized6501832603805186410.jpg

This was in a Silverado, 3 or 4 years old. Also seen this button type in small Buicks and Chevys. Junk!

Second most hated is the one in the new trucks. Absolute garbage.
(Like this one)

2023-chevrolet-silverado-1500-zr2-8.jpg

It's enough to make me not want a new truck. Gimme my good ol' column shifter!

On a better note, my truck is still running like a top and mileage is way better than I could imagine for city driving.

IMG_20230414_074922_resized3302776389887469362.jpg

That's a one way drive to work. That works out to 27.6 MPG. After 5 days, you can see the needle starting to move.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
It's around Three AM ...and I am holding a Flat Ice Pack wrapped along the outer side of my Right Leg over a Tendon Complex called "The IT Band". Trust me... if you are suffering with "IT Band Syndrome"... You'll KNOW It. I finally had to visit "The Doc's" and in MY case...I am lucky enough to have a Former Team Doctor of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as my Private Physician and believe me... He REALLY Knows His Stuff about Musculo-Skeletal Injuries.

This Video shows the 'Whole Bag of Shells' about how this problem starts and what to do about it. Presently, my Therapy involves STRICTLY following the Squeeze Tube Dosage lengths of OTC "Voltaren" ( to avoid Liver Damage) along with using my "Body-Heat Shaped Ice Pack" for 10-20 Minutes ON and then OFF every 4-6 Hours or so to try and get rid of this crippling problem. The Video is Superb and If you can relate to what is happening to me... Don't let this problem go, Guys... Deal With It ASAP!

81PL61gQrTS._AC_SL1500_.jpg812Yv8S0mbS._AC_SL1500_.jpg81kFW3VzVWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Remembering that I am 74 (No Spring Chicken HERE...) The "Doc" Xray-ed the Knee Box ...Found some Cartilage Erosion...and recommended THIS Action:

Nonetheless... this Exercise Routine will work for ANYBODY...

41 Years ago... I ran the British-American Marathon at 33 YOA... Now... I seriously doubt that I could do that today... BUT... At LEAST I got to Do it ...and FINISH... 26 Miles 385 Yards... :>)

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I have found that since I've been walking more at the dealership when getting and taking out cars, my bad arthritic knee has been pretty good. Now my only other issue is my right shoulder blade gets tight and achy when I drive for too long. I believe it's called the rhomboid. It's been doing this for the past couple of years. It's probably a posture issue but I've tried different positions while driving. Only thing that gives me relief is to shove my travel mug under my shoulder blade and massage myself, which is consistent with the rhomboid muscle.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Heading to the junkyard here in an hour.. See about getting me a good motor/logic board, wiper switch, and see what else it has. Maybe pull a CV shaft so I can plug the diff. Depends on how frisky I feel, which right now, aint very frisky.

Wish one of these two 9-7x's were silver. Would get a hood and fender too. But they are blue and black!

I have found that since I've been walking more at the dealership when getting and taking out cars, my bad arthritic knee has been pretty good. Now my only other issue is my right shoulder blade gets tight and achy when I drive for too long. I believe it's called the rhomboid. It's been doing this for the past couple of years. It's probably a posture issue but I've tried different positions while driving. Only thing that gives me relief is to shove my travel mug under my shoulder blade and massage myself, which is consistent with the rhomboid muscle.
Turn those heated seats on full blast for the back. That usually helps my shoulder/back issues. Heat to increase the blood flow, and then when you get home, ice it.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@Mooseman ...Regarding the Shoulder Pain... if you have any history with Carpal Tunnel in your "Mouse Hand"... it WILL transmit the irritation along the nerve bundles that follow the forearm (through the area called "The Funny Bone"), thence passing into the nerve bundle in the upper arm and even reach the Spinal Foramen where the Thoracic and Cervical Nerves are that enter the Spinal Cord.

THAT area can become so very irritated that it can cause inexplicable Shoulder Pain that can also radiate underneath the Scapula. THIS... ALL OF THIS ...can become exacerbated by merely Squeezing the Steering Wheel TOO TIGHTLY for Too Long with the afflicted Hand and pressing it into the previously injured Soft Tissue in the Wrist and Palm.

By applying a "Shaped Zip-Lock Sandwich Baggie of Frozen Water" that should be applied to the Wrist and Palm for 10-15 Minutes and gradually... as the Nerves involved "From Finger Tips to Spinal Cord"... Quiet Down... that Odd Shoulder and Scapula Pain will gradually subside.

Last edited:

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
.Regarding the Shoulder Pain... if you have any history with Carpal Tunnel in your "Mouse Hand"... it WILL transmit the irritation along the nerve bundles that follow the forearm (through the area called "The Funny Bone"), thence passing into the nerve bundle in the upper arm and even reach the Spinal Foramen where the Thoracic and Cervical Nerves are that enter the Spinal Cord.
I have had that exact problem for years. Ultimately, I had to move the mouse over to my left side to limit stress on my right hand & elbow. Lots of ibuprofen, too.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
I burnt up the best part of the day cleaning horse paddocks so I'm left with a cloudy sky and wind. Still got out and made a kill but this was full well knowing that I brought the wrong rifle. Target diopter sights do not lend themselves well to quick range changes and everything being monochromatic.

Attachments

• 20230416_150614.jpg
    20230416_150614.jpg
    971.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230416_152521.jpg
    20230416_152521.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Spent all night in the hospital. My youngest has the ADVO? Virus. Hasnt eaten in 2 days, and was starting to shake, along with other things.

Got to the hospital ER at 630 pm. Didnt get seen until midnight, they released us at 4 am.

At work now, tired, want to go back to bed..

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Took some staged pics, cuz that's what the cool kids do. :cool:

Grabbed the broken dolly and a new one, and proceeded to do some Frankensteining. Unbolted the good long rail, removed the casters and clamped it to the middle of the new dolly. Used the existing holes to drill through for the bolts. Didn't care about trying to peel back the carpet, and just went through it.

Used the drill to spin the screws through, as the hole from the drill bit was too snug to push them through by hand. I suppose I could have used a hammer and pounded them through, but the drill was right there... Attached the old casters and tightened everything down. The old casters don't roll, there's a tiny gap between them and the surface. Reminds me of dump trucks with that extra pair of wheels :laugh: I'm sure when I put the air jack on it, and the weight of the truck, those casters will get their fair share of work. And eventually when the new casters wear down, they'll all work together.:thumbsup:

20230418_171453_resize.jpg20230418_173819_resize.jpg20230418_181731_resize.jpg20230418_181739_resize.jpg

I know they say these things are rated for 1000 lbs, so now does this make it worthy of 1500? :undecided:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Another crazy day, steady driving customers to and from home. Going to valet a vehicle back to its owner when I got this...

IMG_20230418_141413_resized7123531944993908156.jpg

Yeah, I was getting the white one :mad: . Had to go back and get the keys for the black one to move it. A tech parked the black one like a blind man. Not the first time this happened. I take the time to park them backwards and properly. I let the super know about it and hopefully will pass it along. Just wastes everybody's time.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
The Smaller the Scorpion... The More Potent is its Stinger-Poison... X:sadcry:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online