Transmission Cooler

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

RTTBLT1

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Looks like I have enough info for a purchase and install.

Also, I wanted to thank everyone for there input on this Thread. Special thanks for the pictures, those are always helpful! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mooseman

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Anybody running a Hayden 679? I'm eyeballing one now but not sure that it'll fit at 11x11 inches. Bout to go pull the grill and measure but just wanted to see if anyone else was using that particular one.

-just went and measured. Looks like it'll fit. Might need a hair of trimming but should fit.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Mounce

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
Anybody running a Hayden 679? I'm eyeballing one now but not sure that it'll fit at 11x11 inches. Bout to go pull the grill and measure but just wanted to see if anyone else was using that particular one.

-just went and measured. Looks like it'll fit. Might need a hair of trimming but should fit.

Maybe my Envoy is different but the opening on the driver's side was 11" wide and a hair more than 8" tall and that doesn't account for the protrusion around the hood latch area. I think you have a fair bit of trimming or have part of the cooler hidden. One thing you could do is delete those plastic side curtain that route air toward the rad instead of bypassing it.

Regardless, pre-plan your hose routing and cooler orientation. Although many seem to have no issue with different orientations, cooler ports pointing down is typically the least recommended orientation. Top port or side port with outlet at top orientations are most recommended.

Reactions: Blckshdw and Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online