Thoughts on seat bolt flex arm mount?

TonyT

Original poster
May 6, 2012
I see some flex mounts for "stuff" by Ram or Arkon or ??? which use the passenger seat floor bolt to mount the flex arm. Stuff including my 10" tablet or amateur radio heads and microphones or whatever. Any comments or suggestions?

See flex mount seat | eBay for some I found.

I'm leaning towards a short one and a tall one so one is for amateur radio gear and the other for the 10" Android tablet I just bought.

I can see a nice exposed bolt on the psgr side right next to the console.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I did a lot of work with RAM mounts down there. Don't recommend using the bolt I think you mean, as it's a very important master ground. Use the seat mount bolts, and then drill into the transmission tunnel for a brace.

DSCN0744.JPG

ram-mount1.JPG

Original tablet mount:

DSCN0743.JPG

Thinner one now made from a Motion Computing display cover

overview13.jpg

overview11.jpg

TonyT

Original poster
May 6, 2012
the roadie said:
I did a lot of work with RAM mounts down there. Don't recommend using the bolt I think you mean, as it's a very important master ground. Use the seat mount bolts, and then drill into the transmission tunnel for a brace.

As anyone who recalls my previous postings I'm not a mechanical type at all.

View attachment 27513

I took a picture and have marked the possible bolt with a red arrow. Please ignore the cables you see there. :smile:

Attachments

• Seat mount upload.jpg
    Seat mount upload.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 18

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I have a cheap seat bolt mount I picked up at the Dayton Ham Radio Convention several years ago. I'll grab a picture later today. I've previously posted a picture of just the stuff mounted to the head.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Regulator built one that works well for him.

TonyT

Original poster
May 6, 2012
TonyT said:
As anyone who recalls my previous postings I'm not a mechanical type at all.

View attachment 13776

I took a picture and have marked the possible bolt with a red arrow. Please ignore the cables you see there. :smile:

I brushed the sand and crumbs out of the way and yes that bolt I've marked with the arrow is part of the seat mount.

I also don't need such a sturdy mount as displayed in the posting with the four photos. I also see no reason to spend the $250 or more for such a ssytem.

So back to my original question. Any comments on the flex arm systems which attach to the bolt on the seat mount system by Arkon or Ram?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online