DEAL The Decal Dude!

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Lovin' the color changing vinyl. Thanks Jeff. (I'll be sending another order)

2012-03-03_16-31-16_884.jpg

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Hey Jeff...

Just wondering if you're still planning on sending me those decals you said you would back in January?

With the warmer weather fast approaching, I'd like to have the vinyl at the ready... if you're unable to swing it, don't sweat it...
I can just as soon hook up with Stef and get him to whip up something for me... it's all good as I'm sure he'll be doing some other mods for me too at the same time!!! :thumbsup:

FWIW, I had sent you a query (via PM) in late February, but I never heard back from you, so I thought I'd try this route... :tongue:

Just let me know either way. :wink:

Thanks!

High Voltage

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Well here is the story. I am going threw a divorce and in the process of trying to move. I am going to keep my business going but am having trouble right now keeping up with local orders and orders here. You guys and your business mean a lot to me! Please be patient with me and I will try and get to your orders and request for pricing as soon as I possibly can.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Wishing you the best bro. Give me a call sometime

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
All the best brother.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
All the best, I have been there a couple of times myself.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
Awesome work as always Jeff. I have a order of 4 more coming your way and plus a special project.

photo4-1.jpg

I like this!! What is the size of this and can it be changed? I want to run this on the side of my windshield. So I like to have the height be like 2"-3" and the length like 12"-24" maybe? Can I get it without the .com also? have it say GMTNation?

Have it look like post #92 also I like that...just without the .com part if possible

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
Hang in there man! Been there myself. Never really understood what it meant when my friends went through it until I did. Good luck with everything!! :grouphug:

rppoit

Apr 11, 2012
Im sorry to hear it. I feel ur pain I'm currently going through the same thing. just gotta keep that head up. And going to the gym to get some of that stress out seems to help :wink:

tilstad

Sep 26, 2012
Hi,

I'm intending to paint the calipers on my wife's gmc red, and thought that some silver or white stickers saying "GMC" could be cool. However, it should be the right font, and also 2 different sizes as to fit front and rear.

Is that something you could possibly do?

Or is Voltage still MIA?

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
tilstad said:
Or is Voltage still MIA?
I don't know that anyone has heard from him. :frown:

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
tilstad said:
Hi,

I'm intending to paint the calipers on my wife's gmc red, and thought that some silver or white stickers saying "GMC" could be cool. However, it should be the right font, and also 2 different sizes as to fit front and rear.

Is that something you could possibly do?

Or is Voltage still MIA?

I'm no expert, but I suspect decals will not last long on brake calipers given the heat cycling they do as well as exposure to dirt/elements.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
fishsticks said:
I'm no expert, but I suspect decals will not last long on brake calipers given the heat cycling they do as well as exposure to dirt/elements.

They hold up like any other vinyl would... Ive had the "SS" on my calipers for over 2 years and no signs of wear, fading, or being separated from the caliper...

tilstad

Sep 26, 2012
I Guess I could always use the decals as a stencil, paint white, apply decal, then red on top of that, peel decals apply clear on all of it. I do have red and clear in caliper paint versions from color....something. Dupli color I guess.

Other than that, i thought caliper paint had some sort of ceramic properties to it, that shields the heat. That might be wrong though, but if it's not, that could make the decal last. Or, as an alternative, just instruct the wife to brake as little as possible, max 2 times per trip. "You messin with my calipers?? Stop dat! Here's some wooden clogs." LOL

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
The decals will work just apply while the caliper paint is wet place the decal and as the paint dry the decal will be stuck in place.

Default User

Dec 19, 2012
Meh - Duplicolor brush in Caliper paint kit - vinyl decal - High heat clear coat

No need to apply decal while paint is wet

Done this on my last 2 vehicles - and have the GMC decal ready for when the weather warms up here

8amyjuzy.jpg

burereve.jpg

Going with black calipers and red decals on my Terrain

y3u3eve7.jpg

tilstad

Sep 26, 2012
Those look great! Just what I had in mind, but white decals though. Where do you get yours from? They stand up to the heat well? Also, is the size of the GMC decals the right size for my Envoy I6? If so I want those. Where can I get them?

I see it says GTA decal in the back, but they dont list any GMC decals on their site. Are they custom made? If so, what sizes are they?

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Default User said:
Meh - Duplicolor brush in Caliper paint kit - vinyl decal - High heat clear coat

No need to apply decal while paint is wet

Done this on my last 2 vehicles - and have the GMC decal ready for when the weather warms up here

Looks like I'll be coming to see you when the weather warms up so you can do mine!! :thumbsup:

I'll have to get Stef to whip up something for Canyonaro... :yes:

Default User

Dec 19, 2012
tilstad said:
Those look great! Just what I had in mind, but white decals though. Where do you get yours from? They stand up to the heat well? Also, is the size of the GMC decals the right size for my Envoy I6? If so I want those. Where can I get them?

I see it says GTA decal in the back, but they dont list any GMC decals on their site. Are they custom made? If so, what sizes are they?

Had a old local sponsor (seschmedia.ca) do the Mazda and Lancer ones. Had no issues whatsoever with them. But he's pullin away from small decal jobs.

The GMC decal is a prototype from GTA Decal. He's kind of new to it and thought I would help get his design inventory up. Hopefully it'll fit the caliper space as I had to measure the surface through the rim spokes on a cold day LOL

Default User

Dec 19, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Looks like I'll be coming to see you when the weather warms up so you can do mine!! :thumbsup:

I'll have to get Stef to whip up something for Canyonaro... :yes:

hahhaa - it's pretty much idiot proof. Just need to jack the vehicle up an get the wheels off. The rest is simple. Just takes about 1-2 hrs of downtime while you get 3 coats of paint to dry.

Hopefully I can get time to help you out.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online