so who still uses the old site?

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
People like that make me want to troll the OS, but then I remember that it adds to the sham post counts.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I won't even make a new account to look for things over there.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Almost all Intro threads are getting zero replies. One guy asked for help on upgrading his seats. manual to power seats - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum Ignored the instructions to NOT ask technical questions in the Intro forum, but what the hey, it's what noobs do. So he gets little help, and finally wises up:

"Problem solved just swaped the seat belts and bottom part of seat with all the wiring from cloth seats and mounted it on the leather seats after reapulstering the cloth with leather everything works now as it should, and thanks to everyone for no help what a great forum know wonder why people move to other forums. Think ill do the same"

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
SmokeyMcBlazer tries to help the noobs and is made a martyr for his efforts. Way to go Smokey! With noobs who only post in the Intro forum, they remain at zero post count and can't be contacted by PMs, as you know.

First time offroad/Salt Lake City - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

ADDED: But the admin is such an abject idiot that he made a stupid, stupid mistake when he banned Smokey. If you notice it (late, like I did) don't talk about it in public. Just snicker.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Hmmm :undecided:

I see what he did there lol.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The spammers are running amok unmolested again (still?)

Cell phone jammers are the most recent. Real Estate in India. That sort of crap.

There's a reason we just passed 4000 members. Posting an Intro thread and having ZERO replies back there has got to be a huge clue.

And not even one moderator. Not even the forlorn Loverotties gives a shit. :redface: :crazy:

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
I tried to help out a couple months ago. The attitude from this one guy made me say screw this. Hence the reason I go look through it when I have to.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
the roadie said:
...Not even the forlorn Loverotties gives a shit...

You should not use that type of profanity here... we are better than that. Let me fix that statement for you

the roadie said:
...Not even the forlorn *doglover* gives a shit...

:thumbsup:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I managed to forget a password at a VS site, not that I visit them much anymore let alone post. Went to reset it. I have to watch a friggin' 5 minute ad to get to the CAPCHA code to validate I'm not a spambot. Even my wife's jaw dropped when I told her that. How low can they go for a penny? Oh that's right, lower than shit.

(And for me to curse on a forum, I've got to be pretty steamed!)

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Lmao, iirc you have to watch half the video to get the pass phrase for the captcha. It will have something to do with the product.

I signed up so I could snag a few things from the article section, figures while I'm there let me snag a few people. I must have sent 50 PM's, no sight of any admin either. I know a few bit, others no reply, I also had some stubborn people.

From the looks of it now, the only active people are the 3 doing SS clone builds, and the spam bots.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Mark20 said:
I managed to forget a password at a VS site, not that I visit them much anymore let alone post. Went to reset it. I have to watch a friggin' 5 minute ad to get to the CAPCHA code to validate I'm not a spambot. Even my wife's jaw dropped when I told her that. How low can they go for a penny? Oh that's right, lower than shit.

(And for me to curse on a forum, I've got to be pretty steamed!)

And best part of the ad? It was for contact lenses. Four years ago I stuck my eyes under a LASER and donated my glasses to the Lions vision program and the leftover contacts to my eye doc.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
My shill, who is globally ignored, left a message in a thread with two different spammers criticizing the Admin for leaving it there.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
the roadie said:
I saw the Admin welcome a noob in the Intro forum a few days ago. :eek:

Other than that, nothing but chirping crickets. :frown:

I think actual bigfoot sightings are more common than admin over on the OS.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Wasn't the admin semi-active up until they pulled tapatalk? And by semi-active, I don't mean actually doing anything for the members, just making appearances and banning shills.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Wasn't the admin... banning shills.

Admins wouldn't be banning shills. A shill actually works for the web admin and/or executive producers. Shills try to pump up the website and make it look good.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Shill account got banned, and all posts removed. It only took a month and I was pretty damn blatant about my intentions. Reason for ban "still trying. Violate site rules."

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Like I said, I was pretty blatant about my intentions. I called out one guy for being an ass. Besides my username was brilliant. I'm upset now I can't access the great Trailvoy with their amazing community.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
The numbers guys must be dying over there. After I got banned I couldn't access the OS from home or phone. Now I can wherever. Never figured out why I was banned, but all my posts of gmtn with spaces are still up :biggrin:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
I have not.been in that site in more than a year. Most of the knowledge has successfully been transplanted and I don't even have a tb anymore. I hope to contribute to the full size section with what I gain from my obs blazer.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
Like I said, I was pretty blatant about my intentions. I called out one guy for being an ass. Besides my username was brilliant. I'm upset now I can't access the great Trailvoy with their amazing community.

Clear your cookies and you an read at the library (TV).

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
blazinlow89 said:
Shill account got banned, and all posts removed. It only took a month and I was pretty damn blatant about my intentions. Reason for ban "still trying. Violate site rules."

Meanwhile, the free credit report spammers posts are still alive and kickin. :crazy:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Well start all your posts over there like a spammer. They will then ignore you lol.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Hatchet said:
Well start all your posts over there like a spammer. They will then ignore you lol.
Better yet, do this...

Free credit report :thumbsup:

(except you'd have to use tiny url or something)

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I used to do this sort of thing tediously, but just saw a way to do it easily using our site logs. I no longer care about Trailvoy's membership growth, since the poor sods who go there and never figure out it's dead and search us out, are better off staying lurkers over there.

But anyway, even with a lot less recruiting, we are a self-sustaining community now with NO SIGNS OF SLOWING DOWN!

The chart says it all.

View attachment 30992

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 185

Jtyler77

Aug 10, 2013
When I got the TB in July I was looking on google to help with the issues that needed attention. Even though I'm fairly knowledgeable about vehicles this one is very different than any of the other 20 i've had. 95% of searches lead me to TV. A lot of stuff I was trying to figure out had been posted, but it was like a bunch sheep walking in circles. Someome asks a question, an hundreds of me toos and bad info would just destroy threads.. Anything pre 2012 seemed to have a good answer or suggestion hidden in all the me toos and it would be someone thats on GMT now. Most of the sheep wouldn't even see the answer, they would just keep asking the same thing over an over:deadhorse: It was almost unbearable to try an figure anything out. No way I was joining that crowd. Anyway what lead me here was the banner under The Roadie's post "follow me to GMT" :lightbulb:. And it is such a better place to be. So thank you for the banner Roadie, an thank god that isn't the only site available. You guys really do a good job keeping this organized.:yes:

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Wow. Just wow.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I seen one of the people who wanted to argue with me lurking the other day. I find it funny they come over here to gather information and present it as their own on the OS.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I'm beginning to think Vertical Scope LIKES the situation they have back there. No moderators to evaluate and promote and monitor. The admin only needs to look in every few weeks or so, so THEIR workload goes down. Members still sign up in droves and post once or twice before giving up due to no or poor responses, but the membership numbers VS can lie to their advertisers about goes up. Goofballs still pay money to upgrade to premium status before figuring it out. VS may even sucker many of those into the auto-renew process so they get more than one year of payments out of the members who get ZERO value in return. Many new members aren't observant enough to understand there USED to be a thriving community, but it moved - they just think we all sold the trucks or died.

Vertical Scope only cares about fleecing their advertisers. Rob Laidlaw has no honor. :crazy:

But we knew that, eh? :wink:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak