61.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 10

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
silvernclean said:
250 members and 3137 guests. Really?? Yea right.

And with all of that alleged activity there were only 10 posts between last night and this morning.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
At the risk of telling their lurkers they have something to fix (but I *KNOW* they don't have the technical chops to manage it), the new "collect all the DIY repair How-To threads in one place" tactic is full of fail. The sub-forum FORCES all threads to have a [SOLVED] prefix, so noobs can't get other noobs to even see their posts to get a response, and the few posts there are that should be moved elsewhere, aren't being moved due to lazy-mod-syndrome.

A sample:

View attachment 18253

View attachment 18254

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 7

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
:rotfl:

Nice. That is most likely the result of something that I setup a long time ago, and their lack of technical knowledge about the forum software and the modifications that are installed. It also appears that they are too lazy to remove redirects when they move threads. More and more inconveniences for the members they "claim" they are helping, as shown in the screenshots in roadie's posts.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
What cracks me up is that they're still banning spammers without removing the spam! :dielaugh:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
I knew tv would begin to implode, but i honestly expected it to take longer. That place really is just a library, no useful posts in some time. Seems the mods have start to feel the effects of inexperience and a lack of staff support. Whoever the mole is, feel discouraged. You are losing. Do yourself a favor and never let us know who you really are. You'll be lynched. And for the record, I am already banned twice. I have plenty more up my sleeve.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
smitty5150 said:
I have plenty more up my sleeve.

I do as well. Everyone has to sleep sometime... :biggrin:

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
Dunno, but the ppl I sent the pm's to were obviously new. One was from MI so I couldn't resist. That, and I'd had a couple beverages...:yes:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
fishguy1123 said:
I sent a couple pm's to the ppl I posted on yesterday. It's because I advertised GMT in the pm... Ooop!:raspberry:

Ahh, that would explain it then, thanks.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I'm sure you've read the poem before, Here I sit all broken hearted.......

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
LOL-1.png

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Someone's asking for a ban!:rotfl:
Because we all know that you don't have to actually break rules to get banned over there anymore. :hahano:

Just question the abilities of the noob-erators! :rotfl:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
BO TIE SS said:
Because we all know that you don't have to actually break rules to get banned over there anymore. :hahano:

Just question the abilities of the noob-erators! :rotfl:

This really seems to be working out for us... the more heavy handed they get, the more new registrations we get. We've already got tons of images embedded in posts that have been doctored to point people here, there are TONS of shills sending PM's each day, and anyone, shill or not, who questions a moderator action or even just gets a little lippy will be banned.

All I know is that if I was an advertiser, I wouldn't want my company associated with that type of treatment.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
What I find to be really sad is that Trailblaze_2002 and TrailblazrI6 find it more important to help a greedy corporation than to have actual friends who share their interest in GM trucks. (since we all know that no one at VS owns a GM truck) And that they have no problem stabbing the people in the back who made that site what it is.

It just amazes me that a person could have no conscience whatsoever. :hopeless:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
BO TIE SS said:
What I find to be really sad is that Trailblaze_2002 and TrailblazrI6 find it more important to help a greedy corporation than to have actual friends who share their interest in GM trucks. (since we all know that no one at VS owns a GM truck) And that they have no problem stabbing the people in the back who made that site what it is.

It just amazes me that a person could have no conscience whatsoever. :hopeless:

I couldn't care less about them... I am more concerned about the existing and future members over there. The more area they burn, the more members we will see signing up here. Fortunately, those people will receive correct information from the truly experienced members here as opposed to the inaccurate information they are getting over there.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Well... I think I'm going to be next on the banned list...

View attachment 18259

My response to his last post was "pointed' to say the least...

View attachment 18260

We'll see what he has to say to that... :biggrin:

I noticed that they also edited my signature - which pointed to the thread of the same name here... :rotfl:

Attachments

• TV-mods-at-work.jpg
    TV-mods-at-work.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 43
  • TV-mods-at-work2.jpg
    TV-mods-at-work2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 32

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
There's a nice feature about PMs that I won't mention, but which makes a post-ban much less effective.

That seems to be Trailblaze_2002's first post in a couple of days.

Wonder when he's going to get around to answering the backlog of 20-30 noob technical questions?

Hey, Drew! They're gaining on ya. :raspberry:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Classic! Their own staff is admitting that they are creating their own shills. This would account for the inflated numbers (of which are being used to charge advertisers more money) but the lack of actual experience being dispersed.

View attachment 18261

He also confirmed that people are indeed being banned because they don't agree with management/owners.

This is good stuff...

Attachments

• TV-mods-at-work.jpg
    TV-mods-at-work.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 21

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Jman423 said:
Classic! Their own staff is admitting that they are creating their own shills. This would account for the inflated numbers (of which are being used to charge advertisers more money) but the lack of actual experience being dispersed.

View attachment 3272

He also confirmed that people are indeed being banned because they don't agree with management/owners.

This is good stuff...

So anyway to get a hold of their advertisers or even supporting vendors? Seems to me that they are not getting truly what they are paying for. If I was an advertiser and I was pain what I do, I'd expect it to be for prime real estate, not a decaying waste land. Maybe point them to this thread? They can edit all they want but screen shot are worth 1000 words. :biggrin:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
Very shallow thinker. I bash him for that as well. Respect for us, but lacking the life experience to see that it wasn't all about the ads. The owners suck.

View attachment 3273

Also, can someone that's not on ignore please tell this cheese dick to not his post centered? It makes it hard to spy and read his comments. :cool:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Anyone wanna use my profile on the other site to get even or just rip someones ass?? Not banned just yet. Hehehe. My home is here now. I really could care less...........

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
While this site will undoubtedly increase in popularity and recognition there is still an insurmountable obstacle, the vast quantity of knowledge already posted up on the TV boards. Because of that many of those seeking answers to questions will still visit the other forum even if they are members here. Monitoring those members and "suggesting" loyalty to one site or the other will make GMTN an uglier proposition and only serve to push those who are on the fence back into the TV yard. And while GMTN has done quite a bit to try and inform newcomers about the issues in the past, the reality is that most newcomers won't care who did what, they just want information and TV is in a better position to provide that at this time. That's not to say that they necessarily have better resources (members) but many of the best and brightest here posted there for years and their wisdom is spread all over the site. With that backlog of information available at the touch of a search button this site's main draw has become more social than purely for information. That's something a smaller forum can usually do better, and probably a good point of emphasis for this site to lean on while it grows. I've seen alternative forums pop up when VS buys out a site, and while some of them do survive and are successful I have never seen the original VS purchased forum grind to a halt. The alternative forums that focus too much on history and current situation of the old site find it much harder to succeed than those that focus on providing a better place to be.

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Well... I think I'm going to be next on the banned list...

View attachment 3270

My response to his last post was "pointed' to say the least...

View attachment 3271

We'll see what he has to say to that... :biggrin:

I noticed that they also edited my signature - which pointed to the thread of the same name here... :rotfl:

Bahhh!! Any way to make that bigger? I cant read it. I tried to zoom in and my browser just made everything else real big and not the typing...lol

animal

Dec 4, 2011
I do admit that I am curious and look at TV every week or so. But I WILL NOT post there (big deal I had 303 post in 2 years and most were worthless or were direct "ROADIE" quotes ie..."snake oil") I came here because the people make the site NOT the other way around. I never got "Roadie" smacked on the other site because I always found my answers by searching. I may come across something that I cannot find in search here because it has not been covered yet, But even if it is a dumb question the people that had the original answers over there are here and I can get the correct info without using the other site.:twocents:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online