Running TIS 2000 on Windows 7/8/8.1/10

Mramses

To Whom It May Concern:

The accompanying document took approximately three weeks to construct. It is a first draft and will probably need and receive some revisions...anywho, the attached PDF is intended to teach its' readers how to successfully install and run TIS 2000 on Windows 10...with a little ingenuity, of course. I'm open to constructive criticisms, suggestions and just plain bad mouthing, if you feel it necessary. If the need arises, ask. I'll try and answer to the best of my capability. I do hope this will become a community document that we can all share, reference and learn from. The PDF is restricted from editing and content theft so spammers and the like won't be able to take the crown jewels. I'm sure the HTML version will be ready soon. Thank you for your time. Best wishes in all of your General Motors adventures!

- southsidesmoka

Mod edit: 2018/09/29: Latest version linked below.
Mod edit: 2019/03/27: Latest version linked below.
Mod edit: 2019/05/29: Latest version 1.3 linked.

friend could help me with the installation process of tis2000 in Windows 7 please Thank you

OP
southsidesmoka

southsidesmoka

good afternoon friends, greetings to all. Would you be so kind to help me regarding the installation of the tis2000 for Windows 7 please. Thank you:Banghead::Banghead:
Have you endeavored to indulge yourself in the "TIS 2000 on Windows 7 - 10" guide linked to at the top of this thread? Which part, exactly, are you having difficulty with? I'm sure we can figure this out, friend... :thumbsup:

- southsidesmoka

Mramses

good afternoon friend. I have 2 problems: When I enter virtual machine configuration in Virtualbox, in usb, I get invalid configuration detected for usb2.0 The other question is when I mount the windows xp it asks me for an activation serial, what is that serial please help, thanks

Mramses

Hi friends. I have written several serials located on the internet but none have worked for me. it tells me "the cd key you entered is not valid"

MRRSM

Lifetime VIP Supporter
(1) What is the Type and Version of the Base Operating System do you have running your Computer? (Windows...?, Linux...?, Apple MAC...?)

(2) When installing Windows XP as a Virtual OS on VirtualBox... You WILL be required to enter the Correct,Valid COA (Certificate of Authenticity) Sticker ID# (this is the Unique 25 Digit Validation Code) from a VALID Windows Installation DVD COA Sticker. (See the Attached COA Sticker Example Image with the Number Location highlighted within a Red Box).

(3) If you have not completely Validated your Windows XP when creating a Virtual OS using a correct Product Validation Key COA Number, then the VirtualBox Installation will not run properly.

(4) If you are installing VirtualBox on a Linux OS like Ubuntu or Linux Mint, you must also Install the Secondary Support Package or the absence of the requisite Binaries that allow for the USB ports to function in Virtualization Mode will not work.

(5) If you have installed VirtualBox with an ACTIVE Firewall and/or had an Anti-Virus Program activated running... then VirtualBox may not function properly.

(6) Make certain that you have installed the latest version of VirtualBox only AFTER having completely uninstalled any/all Older Versions and start your New Oracle VirtualBox installation from scratch.

(7) Visit YouTube and search for Instructional Videos on "How to correct Invalid Virtual Machine Configuration Issues".

Attachments

• COASTICKERFORMAT.jpg
    COASTICKERFORMAT.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1

Mramses

(1) What is the Type and Version of the Base Operating System do you have running your Computer? (Windows...?, Linux...?, Apple MAC...?)

respuesta: window 7

(2) When installing Windows XP as a Virtual OS on VirtualBox... You WILL be required to enter the Correct,Valid COA (Certificate of Authenticity) Sticker ID# (this is the Unique 25 Digit Validation Code) from a VALID Windows Installation DVD COA Sticker. (See the Attached COA Sticker Example Image with the Number Location highlighted within a Red Box).
Respuesta: el instalador de windows xp sp3 lo tome de la guía de instalación tis2000 para windows 10. pero no encuentro algun key de 25 dígitos. lo instale sin la key y me dió 30 dias de expiracion

(3) If you have not completely Validated your Windows XP when creating a Virtual OS using a correct Product Validation Key COA Number, then the VirtualBox Installation will not run properly.
respuesta: pude instalar el virtualbox e instalar el xp sp3 sin la key pero tengo 30 dias para la validacion. pude instalar el tis2000 pero tengo otra duda
(4) If you are installing VirtualBox on a Linux OS like Ubuntu or Linux Mint, you must also Install the Secondary Support Package or the absence of the requisite Binaries that allow for the USB ports to function in Virtualization Mode will not work.
reapuesta: estoy usando Windows 7 con virtualbox y xp sp3

(5) If you have installed VirtualBox with an ACTIVE Firewall and/or had an Anti-Virus Program activated running... then VirtualBox may not function properly.

(6) Make certain that you have installed the latest version of VirtualBox only AFTER having completely uninstalled any/all Older Versions and start your New Oracle VirtualBox installation from scratch.

(7) Visit YouTube and search for Instructional Videos on "How to correct Invalid Virtual Machine Configuration Issues".

Mramses

another question friends. good night all. I have the vxdiag gm. as i use it for the tis2000. Anyone have any video or step by step with image please. Should I use the vxdiag only as an interface in pass-thru mode or in tech2 mode? Or there is a diagnostic tool that I need to upload to the tis2000 so that I can read it or view the vxdiag. I hope you can understand me, thank you

Mooseman

So you entered a proper activation code but it cannot connect to the validating server? I can't even remember if XP used remote validation. Likely will never be able to since Microsoft has taken those offline a long time ago. Your only option may be to find a crack for Windows activation.

Mramses

So you entered a proper activation code but it cannot connect to the validating server? I can't even remember if XP used remote validation. Likely will never be able to since Microsoft has taken those offline a long time ago. Your only option may be to find a crack for Windows activation.

good day friend. thanks for answering If obviously I cannot enter the serial key since it does not locate the corresponding serial for that xp sp3. but use the same from the document "tis2000 for windows10"

Mooseman

I guess you'll have to find another copy of XP with a working serial number.

Mramses

understood friend thank you very much. now regarding the use of vxdiag with the tis2000 ... how could you help me? How should I load the vxdiag so that the tis2000 can read it? Like tech2 or pass-thru or should I add a hardware so that it sees it as j2534? I am not very clear please if you could help me friends

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_210457.jpg
    IMG_20210610_210457.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members