RIP to Brandon Walker

cody_s

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
RIP to Brandon Walker, username BigBadBowtie. Apparently was killed in a hunting accident. Don't have any more information at this time.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
I hope that is just a prank.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
RIP Brandon

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
I still can't believe it. Brandon was the person who turned me onto the OS years ago. RIP man, you will be missed. Prayers are with your parents & sister.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
RIP Brandon Walker

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I thought this should have it's own thread.

We'll miss you Brandon. :frown:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
RIP mate.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Had plenty of conversations with him over on ORTB because he was one of the serious offroaders. Respect. In eight years on three forums, we've had some cancer survivors continue posting, a few folks just went silent, and we never knew why, but I think Brandon was the first death in this family we knew about because he was engaged with the community. Made friends with us in real life, not just forum friends and facebook friends - but REAL friends. He'll be missed. :frown:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
RIP :frown:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
RIP Brother...

cody_s

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
For everyone in the area, here's the details on the memorial service:

"Memorial service will be held this Saturday, November 10th, at 11:00 am at North Point Community Church (4350 N. Point Pkwy Alpharetta, GA 30022). It will be located in 'The Attic' which is at the back of the church. Brandon always hated getting dressed up, so please dress casually because we know that's what he would want."

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
So sorry to hear. My thoughts and prayers to the family.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
I also did not know this gentleman, but my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Never an easy thing to lose someone you love.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
RIP Brandon, didnt know you personally but it sounds like you were a true friend to those you knew.

animal

Dec 4, 2011
I never met Brandon but he was one of the first to welcome me to the OS as a fellow Georgian. He will be missed. Do you know what happened Cody?

cody_s

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Apparently he was hunting with some buddies, they were using walkie-talkies to stay in contact. He stopped responding, so they went looking for him, and eventually found him. It sounds like he fell over a ledge or down a hill or something. From what I understand there was no bullet wound, so it wasn't an accidental shooting type of incident.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
it so sad to hear this didnt know him personally rest in peace brother :frown:

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
RIP Brandon Walker

Although I did not know you, you will be missed. His family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
RIP Brandon. Did not know him personally, I believe I spoke to him a few times on the OS. Sad to lose a GMT brother. :frown:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
didnt know him personally, but always saw his posts on FB... truely a sad day.. RIP Brandon...

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Always so sad when you lose such a young person.As my BIL likes to say,"we're all just penciled in".....:frown:....Mike.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Wow, that's a shame. RIP Brandon...I didn't know him personally but sounds like he touched the lives of many.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Very much a shame. He was a volunteer for the group Samaritan's Purse. Right after the tornado hit Alabama, him and a group of volunteers dropped what they were doing and all started helping. Apparently Brandon ran the chainsaw crew for must of the day clearing trees off victims homes. I remember him posting a link to an article about his time in Alabama, but I can't seem to find it for you guys to read.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Luster

Members Online