1. We are working on the forum's attachment system. Attachments and avatars will be intermittently affected over the next 24 hours.
    Dismiss Notice

Review My Build Plan?

Discussion in 'Lifted' started by connorwallin, Dec 6, 2017.

1. connorwallin

connorwallin Active Member

My plan is to do a 2-2.5" inch lift on my 07 Trailblazer with 240,000 miles. Heres what I have so far from researching.

SUSPENSION LIFT

BDS'S Suspension Lift or Liftmeister 2.5"

ALTERNATIVE SPRINGS

Rear: Z71 Suspension Setup

Now my questions for this is, if I do the Z71 Suspension for the rear, say I go for Liftmeister 2.5" lift setup, do I need to put the lift spacer/block in the rear with the Z71 or does the Z71 lift the truck up itself matching with the front height? Also, where would I purchase the Z71 Suspension?

SHOCKS

Front: Bilstein HD Shocks

Rear: Bildstein HD (If I don't go the Z71 route)

TIRES AND RIMS

Rims: stock for now, will upgrade later down the line. will keep 17-inch size.

Tires: BFGoodrich KO2's 265/70/17

OVERALL AND REVIEW

How does this all look? Anything I'm missing or not understanding? I would like to have more appearance aspect to the truck by not doing any crazy lift or tires. I'm inspiring my build a lot from snowblazer.

SnowBlazer likes this.
  2. SnowBlazer

SnowBlazer Silver Supporter

That's the exact setup I've got if you'd like to look at my build thread. Mine sits level without the rear spacer blocks, you can put them in if you want to make the lift more noticeable. It'll bring a little if the rake back since the back will be higher but I've thought about it.
    Good luck!

Attached Files:

3. djthumper

djthumper Administrator

Admin Post
    My build is using the liftmeister 2.5" in the front with 1" spacers in the rear with Z71 springs.

4. connorwallin

connorwallin Active Member

What size tires do you run? Any rubbing or trimming? I'm trying to stay away from having to trim anything.

5. djthumper

djthumper Administrator

Admin Post
    Did you take a look at the build thread in my signature? It has most of the specs for my build. There is no rubbing or trimming. 265/70R16

6. Matt

Matt Silver Supporter

You might want to rethink the HD shock in the rear. I have the same lift No Z71 springs) with the same shocks and I'm topping out the rears with monotonous regularity. I'm going to get a set of Bilstein 33-185552 for it to have a bit longer travel.

7. HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ Moderator

Sounds like a fairly solid plan. Definitely dont forget spacers and get the 5100 rear shocks though.

Matt likes this.