Post A Pic Of Your GMT RIGHT NOW!!!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
:biggrin:

Yup definitely buying a saab 9-7x (5.3 though)
She's gorgeous :eek:

Buy a 5.3 the first thing you are going to want is 0.7 more Liters.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
STLtrailbSS said:
Buy a 5.3 the first thing you are going to want is 0.7 more Liters.

I know..... But gas and all the guys on tbssowners scare me with all the horror stories lol its gunna be my DD for a while so reliability is a huge area for me :raspberry:
Plus i live in the heart of the city lol only place i can really go fast is when i go to the cottage :biggrin:
Just need enough get up and go to beat the kia that beat me a couple weeks ago :rotfl:
A cai, tune and exhaust will do the trick
And in the future a couple more bolt ons and i'll be keeping up with stock SS's and aeros lol

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Ryda55555 said:
tune and exhaust will do the trick
And in the future a couple more bolt ons and i'll be keeping up with stock SS's and aeros lol

FYI, You will not find any exhaust goodies for the 5.3 (believe me I have tried). Apparently only the stock system keeps it from sounding like a Ricer in AFM(4 cyl.) mode. And the major performance exhaust makers tell me that the SS exhaust is totally different and will not work. I bet we could make it fit but, that would be a lot of wasted $$ if it ended up sounding like crap :redface:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
northcreek said:
FYI, You will not find any exhaust goodies for the 5.3 (believe me I have tried). Apparently only the stock system keeps it from sounding like a Ricer in AFM(4 cyl.) mode. And the major performance exhaust makers tell me that the SS exhaust is totally different and will not work. I bet we could make it fit but, that would be a lot of wasted $$ if it ended up sounding like crap :redface:

The first thing im gonna get done is get the DOD turned off with a tune so it'll be running all 8 cylinders all the time that way it cant get any catastrophic cylinder failures and i can throw a flowmaster super 40/ maybe 50 delta on
Also heard mpg increases and theres no more sluggishness because of switching in and out of AFM

(Been doing my homework hahaha)

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Ryda55555 said:
The first thing im gonna get done is get the DOD turned off with a tune so it'll be running all 8 cylinders all the time that way it cant get any catastrophic cylinder failures and i can throw a flowmaster super 40/ maybe 50 delta on
Also heard mpg increases and theres no more sluggishness because of switching in and out of AFM

(Been doing my homework hahaha)

I think that maybe your dog ate your homework :wink: DOD/AFM is one of the few things that GM got right, "right out of the box" many mechanics claim to never have worked on a DOD/AFM problem. The AFM on my Denali performs seamlessly, there is no sluggishness, I only wish that the 07s had an indicator so that I would know when it's on. You said that you chose the 5.3 over the 6.0 for fuel economy reasons so why remove something that GM spent a fortune on to meet CAFE mandates? Actually if most of your driving is city, as you say, you will be in DOD/AFM mode very little, if any..Mike.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
northcreek said:
I think that maybe your dog ate your homework :wink: DOD/AFM is one of the few things that GM got right, "right out of the box" many mechanics claim to never have worked on a DOD/AFM problem. The AFM on my Denali performs seamlessly, there is no sluggishness, I only wish that the 07s had an indicator so that I would know when it's on. You said that you chose the 5.3 over the 6.0 for fuel economy reasons so why remove something that GM spent a fortune on to meet CAFE mandates? Actually if most of your driving is city, as you say, you will be in DOD/AFM mode very little, if any..Mike.

Haha well i'll wait and see i guess... Only me actually driving it and feeling it will really determine anything lol

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
I agree with northcreek I've heard great things about the AFM. Also I don't know what the other SS guys are getting but I got a solid 18 mpg (on the scan gauge) on the drive up to Washington. And he has a point once you disable that you will get about the same. Possibly a little better since the smaller displacement. But I agree only you'll find out what ya like. I say test drive both engines lol.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Heard dozens of 5.3s sound wicked. Some the best sounding exhausts actually.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Most *If not all* of the SS LTs will bolt straight on to a 5.3 shouldn't sound to bad at all. :thumbsup:

And as far as MPG I don't even try to measure my gas tank needle is constantly falling fast. I dont have the commute some guys do at all either, my last 2 jobs have been under 15 minutes drives in morning rush hour.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Honestly I disabled the DOD in my tune before I did exhaust because I heard people saying that there is a major difference in tone when it's in 4 cylinder mode. Other than that I had a custom done exhaust right behind the cat to a single in dual out spintec, I think it's the best sounding muffler I've heard. Listened to Magnaflows, Flowmasters, Borlas, Corsas (these sound really good too) but for $150 for the muffler it couldn't be beat to me.

Oh and it's probably because of my sound system and the fact that I do a lot of city driving, but I average 13 mpg. Just thought I'd throw that out there. It's sad that most SS guys get better mileage than I do.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
fr34kout said:
Honestly I disabled the DOD in my tune before I did exhaust because I heard people saying that there is a major difference in tone when it's in 4 cylinder mode. Other than that I had a custom done exhaust right behind the cat to a single in dual out spintec, I think it's the best sounding muffler I've heard. Listened to Magnaflows, Flowmasters, Borlas, Corsas (these sound really good too) but for $150 for the muffler it couldn't be beat to me.

Oh and it's probably because of my sound system and the fact that I do a lot of city driving, but I average 13 mpg. Just thought I'd throw that out there. It's sad that most SS guys get better mileage than I do.

right now im getting 14.1 with my 4.2 so 13 isnt that much of a difference at all :raspberry: especially considering the potential in the v8 and the sound:biggrin:
What works for me is filling up everytime it reaches half tank so it only costs $40-50 every 4-5 days or so
But we'll see what it sounds like when i get it, maybe just cutting the resonator off will satisfy my needs of growl lol
Tuning, spal fans, cai, and a deeper tone are a must
Then i'll get the belltech 30.5 drop kit with modified UCAs
Sounds like money i dont have :rotfl:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
fireman4215 said:
I agree with northcreek I've heard great things about the AFM. Also I don't know what the other SS guys are getting but I got a solid 18 mpg (on the scan gauge) on the drive up to Washington. And he has a point once you disable that you will get about the same. Possibly a little better since the smaller displacement. But I agree only you'll find out what ya like. I say test drive both engines lol.

Haha i would love to be getting 18mps even on my 4.2 i6 lool
But i know if i test drive the LS2 i'm not gunna leave the lot without it haha i just dont want the problems associated with the LS2 lol

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
yza6y8ep.jpg

uja6anu7.jpg

aruta2e7.jpg

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Damn 1st time didnt load

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378833519353.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378833519353.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 26

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
kjkim93 said:
Hey lol you probably get asked this a lot, but what programs do you use to edit your pictures?

[video=youtube;OhjJvpGEdBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhjJvpGEdBI[/video]
Thats a very basic way, Its Adobe Lightroom 4.1 the key to using that program effectively is having a camera that can shoot in RAW. format this allows for greater editing without losing clarity.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
[video=youtube;OhjJvpGEdBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhjJvpGEdBI[/video]
Thats a very basic way, Its Adobe Lightroom 4.1 the key to using that program effectively is having a camera that can shoot in RAW. format this allows for greater editing without losing clarity.

Very nice! Now I feel like I am missing out on my snow shots because of this :frown:

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
Been a while
Really considering painting my rims black

I was never a fan of black rims until I saw the ss rims black. Still not a fan of flat black rims would look a lot better gloss black.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
So........... after a night of hangin with the boys I realize a pic is in in order, this is what I call a "POS Sandwich", two silver cookies with a lump of coal in the middle.........

Attachments

• 20130911_192327.jpg
    20130911_192327.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20130911_192501.jpg
    20130911_192501.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 34

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
New wheels and tires are on. Still not 100% sure how I feel about the look, but they ride awesome and the wheels do look pretty sharp.

Attachments

• Front angle.jpg
    Front angle.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 35

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
New wheels and tires are on. Still not 100% sure how I feel about the look, but they ride awesome and the wheels do look pretty sharp.

I really like it.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
looks sweet to me :thumbsup: and btw that house is exactly the same as the one I grew up in, in long island NY lol must be a popular layout

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Not right now, But yesterday!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11